Most Challenging Job You Ever Had...?

700 calls a day? Are you sure it is 700? I would understand 70 calls a day but again 700?

I am waiting for your answer, I did math work and I still can't image how you could reach 700 calls a day? I calculated and each calls average is 1.5 minute which seems to be unrealistic to me. I used to work in calling center and know what is like.

It was 700 calls. It's been a while, but it was. I worked 10-12 hour days and basically ate at my desk. Now, it's all automated or online.

I'm sure it's a longshot but any chance you could give me any insight on how I can fully utilize what the BBB has to offer marketing-wise? We are an accredited business as of April third. Shoot me a PM if that's what it takes.

I'd appreciate ANY kind of advice or input.

Not sure I could answer this only because it's been 18 years since I've been there and I know they have changed so much.

Here's a good place to start. Council of Better Business Bureaus - U.S. BBB

It was 700 calls. It's been a while, but it was. I worked 10-12 hour days and basically ate at my desk. Now, it's all automated or online.

Wow...no wonder you are deaf today!....Your ears got sick and tired of all that complaining and nagging....:giggle:

Target Distribution Center in Cedar Falls, Iowa. They serve 6 states in the Midwest including Minnesota. That work is .... HELL!

I serious CYCN 12 hours/ yard house seems green pretty 15 hours serious crazy job damn it omg crazy I y work serious crazy day full time limit day sometimes. awesome on plan happy! you find out not easy

For me, it was as an assistant manager at a video rental store and a retail representative working at retail stores.

As an assistant manager, I've always had weird... yet challenging things happen to me. It was my excellent relationship with the customers that made it easier from time to time.

One guy was checking out a couple movies. He was told by the cashier that he had owed $64 (or something) in late fees. He was like, "What!? No way!" He immediately looked around for me and asked me if the charges were really true. I checked his history and told him they were. He paid without hesitation. He was one of my best customers and he knew me enough to trust me.

As a retail representative, I dealt with managers who were extremely rude and sometimes lazy. When all else failed, I would simply go up the ladder and work with their supervisors... or those supervisors' supervisors... etc.

One time, there was a new product that had to be put out on display. All the stores had received a special display kit. Since it was a new product line, it wouldn't appear on the shelves until a month later. One manager refused to put it up. She kept making excuses like, "I don't have room!" or "I will do it later!" (She said this for two weeks.) So, I talked to her supervisor. He rejected. So, I talked to his supervisor. He rejected. So, I talked to his supervisor. (The next supervisor would have been the store manager. That's how far I went.) He then called in all the other supervisors I talked to and told them to make room for me. They looked at me like I was now their worst enemy and made me space for the display. I was hated by those supervisors for a few months until everything cooled down.

One other thing that made the job challenging was that I had to communicate with hundreds of different people. There would be people with thick beards or heavy accents that made it difficult to understand or lipread them.

hardest was barmaid most challenging working with special needs children...most irritating working with parents who think their kids are genious...deluded parents are not easy people

@Sequoia I Work At Target D.C In Dekalb,IL T-3809, I Work A2, MBP Carton Air. What Do U Do There? Are U The Only Deaf Over There?

Used to work at the bank typing metal plate credit cards that was real loud, I had to turn off my hearing aids after done then do more office tasks.

Back