Mosque Near Ground Zero May Not Get Built After All

...I'll explain to you why Muslim/Islam is nothing to be worried about:

1. The linked you posted shows Muslims wants Sharia law court for Muslims only, but not for everyone. It is used as an alternative form. Even Muslims can choose conventional UK judge system if they want....
I don't know about the UK but in the USA, one set of laws covers everyone under Constitutional jurisdiction. People can't pick and chose which set of laws they will obey. There is no alternative form of justice.

I don't know about the UK but in the USA, one set of laws covers everyone under Constitutional jurisdiction. People can't pick and chose which set of laws they will obey. There is no alternative form of justice.

Sorry to interrupt Reba but lets ask UK'er this question: In UK what happens if one part wants one set of law and the other party wants a different set?
Just curious for an answer.

Sorry to interrupt Reba but lets ask UK'er this question: In UK what happens if one part wants one set of law and the other party wants a different set?
That's why it doesn't make sense to have a set of optional laws.

none.

in case you didn't know.... this is not "other party" as in "other political party". It was a religious group.

none.

in case you didn't know.... this is not "other party" as in "other political party". It was a religious group.
I think rolling7 means "party" as in a court case. Each side of a case is called a party.

Substitute the word "person" for party.

I think rolling7 means "party" as in a court case. Each side of a case is called a party.

I doubt that's what rolling thinking of. He just invents everything he sees fit to his bigoted view.

Wirelessly posted (BB Curve 9300)

Jiro said:

I doubt that's what rolling thinking of. He just invents everything he sees fit to his bigoted view.

I'm just saying that's what the word means.

Do you even read the posts on AD? In the past I've posted how many time I've served on a jury. Of course, I know the procedure and Reba is exactly right too.
Undoubtly, when you can't have it your way, you respond with name calling.

Do you even read the posts on AD? In the past I've posted how many time I've served on a jury. Of course, I know the procedure and Reba is exactly right too.
Undoubtly, when you can't have it your way, you respond with name calling.

I feel sorry for innocent defendants

sharia law/ religous courts

BBC NEWS | UK | Religious courts already in use

if you read that article there are already religious courts in the UK. "British Jews, particularly the orthodox, will frequently turn to their own religious courts, the Beth Din, to resolve civil disputes, "
So if the Islamic courts were allowed in Britten they'd work the same way people could choose whether to take private matters (like divorce) and either have them heard according to Islamic laws or have it heard under British civil courts. no non Muslim or Muslim would be forced into that root and it would not affect criminal court proceedings. So if someone steals, commits corporate fraud or commits any crime they go to a criminal court and don't get a choice.

It might get complicated when there are separate civil and criminal courts but they exists for example Quebec has different civil court systems based on a French system while the civil courts in the rest of Canada are British based.

Shariah law can be used as an alternative to English common law IF both parties agree on the law, otherwise English common laws will be applied.

So, both parties have to agree.

Back