Monikers, Screenames, nicknames.

FlawlesslyDeaf

Reaction score
While some of our nicknames on here can be obviously derived from being deaf, what made you decide to express the fact that you are deaf to the world? On the other hand, those who have chosen a unique name to express themselves. how did you come up with your moniker?

I've had tons of screenames that i've used in the past.None felt right for me, until I came up with my current one. FlawlesslyDeaf. I basically saw a freind of mine using FlawlessReason. I thought the name was cool. but at the same time I thought its time I expressed openly that I am deaf to the world. so I later modified that name and changed it to FlawlessyDeaf. This one feels right to me and I like it. its good enough.

A Cool Screen name Indeed...

Babyblue has been my screen name for many years, among the deaf sites.

I chose it long ago. Due to it was about the only name available. :lol:

I grew on me.. and I am satisfied with it.

I chose my user name out of the blue one day, just while humming the old song "Rockin'Robin", which was one of my favs before I became deaf....I also had another user name, same as my dog...and we played "peek-a-boo" a lot....

Ur user name is quite cool!...One of a kind...

I'm named after a beloved, deceased cat called Sally Lou. I chose the Plankton avatar because, like Plankton, my college-educated plans are always going awry. :giggle:

I am from the west coast , oceanblue fit along with the perfect number 7 :) many members thought I was guy ugh! I am a lady :)

My parents changed my name when I was nine years old because I could not say the original one. I was not happy about that.

Bottesini I chose for myself. The original Bottesini was a famous double bass player, and I did learn to play the bass when I was in school.

My name is unusual... and I know it's not common at all...so thus the reason I picked this name for my sn.... and it's actually my real name.

My sign name is KLW.... you would place K on left side just under the shoulder then you would do L and W on same place after a K. I've been thinking about changing my sign name but I don't know what to change into. My friends are the one that picked KLW sign just under the shoulder on the left side... the reason I have w after KL is because there's a girl who has same name but different spelling. My last name, W is easy to remember... almost everyone knows my last name so thus the reason I have KLW instead of just KL.

Last edited:
I choose PuyoPiyo because Puyo comes from a video game called "Puyo Pop", I like the video game and change other Puyo into "Piyo" and put it together to represent my Gemini.

Also my sign name was used to be a big "Z" on chest, but I feel like that sign name was sorta of kiddish sign name so I change it to "Z" on the head as I tend to be thoughtful :)

Here Phillips... That where I live!

My nickname is Poochie Since I am born!! :D

and I must add, my sign name is the initials of the JC in ASL fingerspelling.

I chose Loghead because I pretty much use Loghead as a username for pretty much every site I go to. I chose the name when I was 11 or 12 when making an email account because the first three letters are the first three that are in my real name. I don't remember why I came up with it, but all I know is that I've been using this username ever since. It seems to work for me.

(I know that some people think Loghead means someone that smokes a lot of drugs, but that is definitely not why I chose my username... I was unaware that this is what some people thought it meant when I started using the username).

JClarke is one of unique kind.

:laugh2: oh sure.

Coolgirlspyer90 isn't really a screenname for me. My cousin Drew was helping me make a screenname for the AOL IM when i was about 10 years old. But i'll tell you what it means.
People considered me as a cool girl because i'm deaf and that they say i'm unique because i do things that amaze them in different ways. ANd the spyer part, well because when i was growing up, I was always intrested in spy things that a secret agent does. And i used to buy those spy toys and played with them with my BFF in their back yard. They have a huge hollowed bush and a pine tree where we can go in and have our own secret hideout when it was time to go somewhere or to go home.

But my name is kirsten. Not the way people say kris-ten. Its pronounced by -Kear-sten. A Lot of people say kris-ten when is suppose to be kirsten. But My social studies teacher gave me a nickname by kiki. Because i reminded of him of his niece. So i stucked with that name. My mom nicknames me Kristi. i don't know why. My sign name is a letter K, signed with working. My old interpreter gave me that signname since i was in kindergarden. And that has stucked with me forever.

You can call me either coolgirlspyer90 or kiki, or my signname :D

Mine came out of a classroom doodlebook when I was bored. Played around with anagrams and thought it was cool at the time but now it's so easy to remember but hard to pronounce :roll:

It's an anagram of my past 3 cats - Livi, Muffy and Sammy.

My username is from a song called "I'll Know" in the musical "Guys and Dolls."

I'll know when my love comes along
I won't take a change.
I'll know he'll be just what I need
Not some fly-by-night Broadway romance.
And you'll know at a glance by the two-pair of pants.
I'll know by the calm steady voice
Those feet on the ground.
I'll know as I run to his arms
That at last I've come home safe and sound.
Until then, I shall wait.
Until then, I'll be strong.
Oh, I'll know, when my love comes along.

I'm a Musical/Broadway fan so that's why I have this username. =)

Off topic but, wow, I was living in Chico up until last year and then moved to Indiana. Get ready for a BIG change moving from the north state to to the Lone Star State. LOL!

My screen name? I am a writer and I punned on "write" and "right" and the fact that there are more than a few people named "Alex" here, including the super mod controller of the all-deaf universe :)

Back