Mom and Dad on strike in Florida -- trying to get thru to the kids

ravensteve1961 said:
Ok,,Suppose a kid cause a fire in the kitchen huh? There are things you have to know about cooking. Thats what MOMS! are for! And Daughters are for helping moms drying the dishes after mom cleans them. And sons take out the garbage and go upstairs do their homework.

I disagree with you about Daughters are for helping moms drying the dishes after mom cleans them. And sons take out the garbage and go upstairs do their homework.

It is not have to be only Mom and Daughter to clean dishes all the time. Sons take out of the garbage all the time. No way.. It will be always take turn to do their chores. It is not like 1950s that Mom have to do all work in house and Husband go out to work and bring money to put on Table. It is change today as they put on share 50/50. That s what i want to Teach my kids to watch us to learn take turn, do our chores, help each other, and ask for help. So that s how my dd learned and always ask me for help to clean so i let her like put away Towels in Bathroom. My ds always pick up dirty clothes in hamper or dirty diaper to throw out of trash. I feel more happy and good to see both of kids help out. Also my honey sometime ask my kids to put away or ask nice to pick it up as they know their chores and rules.
My point to parent:
They should teach kids younger to learn how to do chores, help out, rules, allowance with money or fun, and share. So they will become habit to know same "rules" everyday as grow up. If they didn't teach them until later their kids are much older. it will be more harder to teach them to help out as they will ingore and already habit to be "nothing to do" in house. But hopefully one day, Parent can teach them to responsible to keep clean, chores, take care of, and make look like "home" than "homewrecker" when they turn over 18 and on their own apartment.

It is happened to my friend's daughter who refuse to do house chores, help her mom out, respect without cussing, and share with communication. Poor thing that she is only 14 yrs old already as very stubborn girl. As they still struggling relationship between mom and daughter for now 3 years. I learned from my friend's daughter alot lately and knew that i don't want my kids to be like her daughter's ways. It is already much worse for her daughter but pray that she will change her own ways in one day but Who know?
Mommyof3

ravensteve1961 said:
Thats against the law! Home alone law. 7 years ago a couple in florida were arrested at the airport leaving their 3 children home alone while vacationing in vegas. Police are very seroius enforcing anti home alone laws. Police officers might place parents under arrest with warrents on anti home alone laws.

Ravensteve,
Read carefully what Cat (mom) told sheriff's deputies that checked up on the family three times Tuesday. They were satisfied that the children were safe.

Mean Cat is not Neglect Mother to 2 boys cuz At Least, She did checked to make sure they are O k.
I agree with Mom and Dad to do right job. They need Respect their mother who just had Oral Surgery and need Rest. So boys need help out like trash, cook, or comfort mom.

The tipping point may have been when Benjamin didn't offer to help his sweating, struggling mother work on the lawn Sunday, even though she should have been recovering from oral surgery.
So That is Benjamin s fault to not listen and help his mom to do Lawn grass. If he might willing to do lawn grass and earn money to buy possible games or Gameroom in Mall. Think about it.

The Barnards have slept on air mattresses in the tent and have barbecued while their children fended for themselves with frozen TV dinners. The parents only go inside to shower and use the bathroom.
At least they bought plenty of tv dinners for boys. They can toss in Micowave to heat it up. They need to learn how to survival and feed themselves when they turn 18 yrs old and live their own place. So they can get an idea what is like to live in Apartment on their own. It is not easy to live on their own apartment, pay bills, buy foods to eat, and take care of cleaning in apartment without embrassing messy or smelling.

Also they are very close to house which they are on their Yard front of house. So they are not "Run away" or "Forget them" to go anywhere distance from the house. That is no againist laws with child neglect.

Child Alone are allowed in States Law which children can live alone over 12 or 13 years old in the house. They do have class to teach children how to live alone, what to do if something happen, and many things from schools, religious institutions, libraries, recreational and community centers, and local youth organizations to create programs that give younger children a place to go and something to do after school -- a homework "haven", with sports, crafts, classes, and tutoring.
Join your Neighborhood Watch group and form a program that offers help to children in cases of emergencies or frightening situations.

So now you know about it, ravensteve1961.
Mommyof3

Fly Free said:
how can it be "child abuse" if the kids are already OLD enuf to nuke up their own food qq theyre 17 and 12 respectively -- they know how to feed themselves at that age and they have that wonderful kitchen gadget called the microwave -- easy enuf for a kid to use at age 12

Exactly!!!!!

My 11 years old son know how to make sandwiches, bake the pizza, fry the eggs eg. He made one for his 8 years old brother. :)

^Angel^ said:
LOL

I know how those parents feel, but for myself, I'm not going to do that even if it teach my children to clean up after themselves, I tell them either clean up your mess or you won't be playing out with their friends....and sometimes it works but if I have to often remind them, they know they will be grounded...

It´s same with me too.

My 1st son is a chaotically person. He took his shoes and jacket off and leave it untidy in cloakroom and also his bedroom, too. He took his clothes off and leave them everywhere in his bedroom, also music CD and books too. :o

I told my son:
When will you tidy things away in your bedroom? Because I want to clean your bedroom. All is what he said: "later" then go off to meet his friends. I told him to not go out until he tidy his things first then......... He´s grumply!

It´s the same with playground in the basement. I told my sons to tidy their things away. They would not watch TV or play the computer until they tidy their rooms or playground room in the basement.

I alway remind them to do with their rooms and playground room in the basement. They are grumply...

ravensteve1961 said:
You wanna make kids do their part? Heres what i do. I punish the kids in their rooms or in a seperate room locked in until they can all agree what jobs theyre agreed to it together" like a jury system" If one says no they stay in that room until they all agree. Like a jury system. They stay in there all day until they made their desision. And when they all agreed together what chores they do jobs around the house. Then they sign a contract with there parents. Now if any rules are volated all the kids will suffer together and the parents will decide what punishment they will all suffer when one of them screws up. Like they do it in the army. If one soldier screws up the whole platoon suffers. Now thats a whole lot better than going on strike and living in a tent.

***sigh***

Are you married and father?

What you do with your children is against children protection law. You will be in trouble when they find out what you treat your children like this.

The children will learn to respect your rules when you show them with your patience and attention. All what you has to is sit and have a good talk with your children instead of punishment and treat them as "criminal". It would not work when you punish your children like this. They will disrespect you more and more.

My children respect me more than my husband because I am patience with them.

ravensteve1961 said:
Malfoyish and angel. Its not child abuse. Its psychology. By making kids going to a room like a jury deliberation is making them to decide as a group to which job theyre gonna do together. And by handling punishment like in the army will put it in their heads if i do something stupid others will get angry at me. I when they all agree to do their chores i gurantee you kids will get along and do their jobs. Look at a little league baseball team. Now what happens one player makes a mistake in the game? They all pick on him dont they? Thats what gonna happen if one kid makes a mistake by not doing his chores. They gonna all be punished for it even them two didnt do a thing and theyre gonna pick on him all because he didnt do his job. Try it youll be suprised how well theyre do their chores and it works.I done this to my nephews and my brother and my sister in law never seen their kids behaved so much after they got home from hawaii. But 2 weeks passed they were little brats again and my brother called me and asked me how did i make em behave? His kids begged my brother not to let me come back. So i told him he used my methods and boy they all hate their dad now.

Remember:

The children are not soliders. What you did with your children show no love and attention.

Remember that the children are small humans that they need to learn from their parents how to go right path.

That´s parent´s educate job to give their children right way.

^Angel^ said:
Ravensteve,

*ahem*...

Rasing children is not the same thing as joining the army and another thing you do not lock your children in a room for any reason whatsoever, if anyone has caught you do such a thing, u will be charge for child neglect....

When you raise your children you teach them about responsibility to clean up after themselves and etc, you don't scream, swear, force or whatever the hell the army people does, are not the same thing as rasing your children, YOU raise your children by giving them love and attention AND raising your children like an bunch of soliders isn't gonna to help one bit!

I suppose every parents raise their child in a different way but to me its child abuse....

*sigh*

Exactly!!!

Oh dear, it´s tooooo exaggeration thread. :rofl: I suggest you to create a new thread, Ravensteve!

This thread, Flyfree create is different than your posts here.

*Give me the asprin please, Angel*

I read all of your posts here and sound that you are not married and not have children, Ravensteve. Right?

Liebling:-))) said:
Remember:

The children are not soliders.
WHAT??? :eek: Theyre not? Well maybe you could explain this?
header_1x3.jpg
vietsoldier.JPG

Last edited:
I have been reading the whole thread. I agree with all mommies here. I feel ravensteven is little too much policitical incorrect here. Sorry, no offense.

I agree with parents camping out on yard on strike to teach kids a lesson, no harm done. Do you have kids yourself? Probably not. Sounds like you were raised by a family member that thinks like military and did not give you affection/love. You probably wanted to use the same influcence on your own kids or sibilings??

My dad was in military, he never used his tactics to raise me like his platoon. He taught me love, affection, along with dispclines with a lot of respect even for the elders. I think this thread may have gone little overboard here.

Can i make a suggestion

Ravensteve is not saying military Hes trying to be funny. And also if you go on a strike against the kids,they will get used to the fact over and over. So should they (parents) camp out on the front drive way over and over and (kids) get used to it ,no offense.Then what. ? I'am concerned.

RME at you Ravesteven, my dad was an military guy but he never used that method on me and my younger brother David.. and for two, i agree that the kids should grow up and learn how to clean, do the chores and make dinner themselves!

You always go offtopic so stop it! :slap:

ravensteve1961 said:
WHAT??? :eek: Theyre not? Well maybe you could explain this?
header_1x3.jpg
vietsoldier.JPG
if you can really think hard of what she's trying to say, then you got the answer.

Last edited:
ravensteve1961 said:
Ok,,Suppose a kid cause a fire in the kitchen huh? There are things you have to know about cooking. Thats what MOMS! are for! And Daughters are for helping moms drying the dishes after mom cleans them. And sons take out the garbage and go upstairs do their homework.
so...you are saying mothers have to take care of everything that a kid cause a mess to do and not the father?

okey dokey... :sure:

Y said:
raven, guess what i just watched TV
"Mary had a little lamb and
she was eating a soup where
there was a spider crawling down"

Hmm, Hope this is still on or off topic here ?

:)
Homer Simpson: "D'OH!"

Liebling:-))) said:
***sigh***

Are you married and father?

What you do with your children is against children protection law. You will be in trouble when they find out what you treat your children like this.

The children will learn to respect your rules when you show them with your patience and attention. All what you has to is sit and have a good talk with your children instead of punishment and treat them as "criminal". It would not work when you punish your children like this. They will disrespect you more and more.

My children respect me more than my husband because I am patience with them.
yep..sounds more like a dicator than an uncle.

Back