Modern Warfare 3 in the work?

It's fake - look at the scrolling bars on the bottom of the video.

lol we all know there will be a modern warfare 3...obviously due to the craziness of Modern Warfare 2 selling ALOT more than CoD4 did.

I mean, Infinity Ward would be definitely insane if they say they dont WANT to make another modern warfare and just go back to WWII, right?

At first Activision wanted Infinity Ward to stay on doing WW2 games for the PC only.

WW2? PC? They are WAY outta their fuckin' minds. Who wants to keep playing WW2 all the time when it's not even the 1940s anymore? I rather stick to the present to and future. Afew WW2 games would be okay as long as they kick ass like CoD2 and World at War.

Activison thought Infinity Ward was outta their minds when they said they want to make a different game for a new setting...set in the present or future so they rather present as in modern warfare and activision refused but at first they just let them risk it anyway and look at what happened. It became VERY successful than activison expected.

So Infinity Ward earned their respect and do whatever they want to do then. I think we got enough WW2 games and its getting kind of tiring...WW2 was more than 60 yrs ago so its not really cool to keep playing more of those anyway. Now let's see what the future holds for the new CoD series...

lol we all know there will be a modern warfare 3...obviously due to the craziness of Modern Warfare 2 selling ALOT more than CoD4 did.

I mean, Infinity Ward would be definitely insane if they say they dont WANT to make another modern warfare and just go back to WWII, right?

At first Activision wanted Infinity Ward to stay on doing WW2 games for the PC only.

WW2? PC? They are WAY outta their fuckin' minds. Who wants to keep playing WW2 all the time when it's not even the 1940s anymore? I rather stick to the present to and future. Afew WW2 games would be okay as long as they kick ass like CoD2 and World at War.

Activison thought Infinity Ward was outta their minds when they said they want to make a different game for a new setting...set in the present or future so they rather present as in modern warfare and activision refused but at first they just let them risk it anyway and look at what happened. It became VERY successful than activison expected.

So Infinity Ward earned their respect and do whatever they want to do then. I think we got enough WW2 games and its getting kind of tiring...WW2 was more than 60 yrs ago so its not really cool to keep playing more of those anyway. Now let's see what the future holds for the new CoD series...

lol, PC? Good luck with pirate and Activison is just like EA that cannot take deal with pirate so Activison got alot of money for selling WM2 on console than PC does.

WM2 for PC isn't popular as console does due no dedicated servers, no mods and $60 price tag.

Steam Snag: Digital Retailers Boycott Modern Warfare 2

Just days before Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is released, several digital retailers have decided not to sell the game.

Is it because of that controversial scene where the player acts out a terrorist attack? Nope. It’s because the game’s PC version uses Steamworks, a software platform for multiplayer match creation, downloadable content and anti-piracy measures. Direct2Drive, Impulse and GamersGate say they oppose the forced installation of third-party software on players’ computers (Direct2Drive calls Steamworks “a Trojan Horse”), and so they are sitting out on the biggest computer game of 2009. Bold move.

Of course, that’s only the official story. Steamworks is a part of Steam, Valve’s digital distribution service that happens to compete with the boycotting retailers. As 1UP so eloquently put it, “having to fire up Steam to play the game you bought from Direct2Drive is a lot like having to walk through a McDonald’s every time you want to eat a Whopper,” so you can understand the retailers’ position.

The bigger issue is that Modern Warfare 2 is taking away many of the things PC gamers love about PC gaming. Last month, chaos ensued when developer Infinity Ward said there would be no dedicated servers allowed for multiplayer matches. Instead, everything will be handled though a console-style matchmaking system, and the game won’t support user-created mods either. (Ars Technica has a nice rundown of how messy this situation has become).

The forced implementation of Steamworks ties into those earlier developments as a way of controlling the PC gaming environment, and making it more like the Xbox 360 or Playstation 3. The problem is, that’s not what PC gamers want. Modern Warfare 2 will probably sell well on the PC anyway, but it’ll be a neutered experience, and one that hurts the free spirit of PC gaming as a whole.

http://technologizer.com/2009/11/06/steam-snag-digital-retailers-boycott-modern-warfare-2/

I would want Activision to issue an patch to remove the Steam DRM, along with add dedicated servers and mods support, also I would still glad to buy if Activision replace the Steam DRM with SecuROM but preferred to be DRM free.

Steam Snag: Digital Retailers Boycott Modern Warfare 2

Just days before Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is released, several digital retailers have decided not to sell the game.

Is it because of that controversial scene where the player acts out a terrorist attack? Nope. It’s because the game’s PC version uses Steamworks, a software platform for multiplayer match creation, downloadable content and anti-piracy measures. Direct2Drive, Impulse and GamersGate say they oppose the forced installation of third-party software on players’ computers (Direct2Drive calls Steamworks “a Trojan Horse”), and so they are sitting out on the biggest computer game of 2009. Bold move.

Of course, that’s only the official story. Steamworks is a part of Steam, Valve’s digital distribution service that happens to compete with the boycotting retailers. As 1UP so eloquently put it, “having to fire up Steam to play the game you bought from Direct2Drive is a lot like having to walk through a McDonald’s every time you want to eat a Whopper,” so you can understand the retailers’ position.

The bigger issue is that Modern Warfare 2 is taking away many of the things PC gamers love about PC gaming. Last month, chaos ensued when developer Infinity Ward said there would be no dedicated servers allowed for multiplayer matches. Instead, everything will be handled though a console-style matchmaking system, and the game won’t support user-created mods either. (Ars Technica has a nice rundown of how messy this situation has become).

The forced implementation of Steamworks ties into those earlier developments as a way of controlling the PC gaming environment, and making it more like the Xbox 360 or Playstation 3. The problem is, that’s not what PC gamers want. Modern Warfare 2 will probably sell well on the PC anyway, but it’ll be a neutered experience, and one that hurts the free spirit of PC gaming as a whole.

Steam Snag: Digital Retailers Boycott Modern Warfare 2|Technologizer

I would want Activision to issue an patch to remove the Steam DRM, along with add dedicated servers and mods support, also I would still glad to buy if Activision replace the Steam DRM with SecuROM but preferred to be DRM free.
Dude, I do nothing against the steam.. I am very support the activision and steam are affinity. activision using the steam with SecuROM, its more protect PC game from pirates, cheaters or hacking theives for CD key. activison wanted to keep their own profits than lost their money, because of cheaters selling the burnt copied CD with thieve cd key. I think this will make publishers really push DIGITAL DOWNLOADS with SecuROM that way everyone must PAY for their CONTENT.

Dude, I do nothing against the steam.. I am very support the activision and steam are affinity. activision using the steam with SecuROM, its more protect PC game from pirates, cheaters or hacking theives for CD key. activison wanted to keep their own profits than lost their money, because of cheaters selling the burnt copied CD with thieve cd key. I think this will make publishers really push DIGITAL DOWNLOADS with SecuROM that way everyone must PAY for their CONTENT.

That's not exactly what I was talking.

Modern Warfare 2 use DRM under Steam, not SecuROM and SecuROM is very common in hard copy games that don't require 3rd party apps, such as Steam to be installed. Some PC gamers don't want any games to be integrate with Steam for some reason due some games may require online but only problem about if you are playing games on road and try to play games under Steam but won't run due no online or have wait to find WiFi hotspot to connect it, also other reason are personal.

Modern Warfare 2 isn't only game that require Steam to play so same goes with Saints Row 2, Left 4 Dead and rest of games that published by Valve so you are require to have Steam to play, that what some PC gamers don't want for personal reason, along with no dedicated servers and no mods, that what many CoD PC fans are very upset about traditional has taken away.

There's list of games that use SecuROM, Modern Warfare 2 isn't on list because they use Steam DRM, unlike previous CoD, both of Modern Warfare and World at War use safedisc (confirmed) so no need to run Steam.
Know Your Game! Tiki : List of games with SecuROM 7

If you don't see any games on list so games are probably protected by Safedisc, Steam, Impulse, Star Force, Tages or no protection, The Sims 3 is protected by EA copy protection due many Sims fans hate SecuROM and Far Cry 2 has no protection after Ubisoft issue an patch to remove it after many complaint like many recent games from Ubisoft.

They cannot use SecuROM and Steam in combined because it does cause conflict when you are try to back up the game so EA made mistake and issue an patch to remove the SecuROM but left protected under Steam DRM.

The games with Steam DRM is still cracked, there's alot of Modern Warfare 2 on torrent and some hackers made new installation for Modern Warfare 2 to run without need use Steam.

I had researched alot about copy protection and I'm against on DRM, that why I'm encourage pirate to buy legal copy or send money to game developers if they love their game, even some people rather to use torrent to download the full version of game because demo isn't enough.

Activision does make alot of profit so far than losing the profit because you cannot play in multiplayer with pirated CoD games, it was Infinity Ward decision to use steamwork for games so Activision accept it so I'm blaming on IW instead of Activision.

I'm wait to get Battlefield Bad Company 2 for PC and it will support dedicated servers and mods.

Direct2Drive and Gamers Gate use game's own copy protection, such as SecuROM, Safedisc, Tages or even no DRM on some games because they use first party installation.

A friend of mine hated Steam back in the old days because you needed to connect online in order to launch the game even ]to] play singleplayer offline.

A friend of mine hated Steam back in the old days because you needed to connect online in order to launch the game even play singleplayer offline.

Yup for some games, I think so.

Yup for some games, I think so.

Heh... I remember he complained about that with Half-Life 2. He didn't want to connect to the Internet; all he wanted was play the offline singleplayeer, but in order to play it-- he had to even though he BOUGHT a hardcopy of HL2.

Heh... I remember he complained about that with Half-Life 2. He didn't want to connect to the Internet; all he wanted was play the offline singleplayeer, but in order to play it-- he had to even though he BOUGHT a hardcopy of HL2.

I bought hard copy of HL2 as Orange Box so Steam is still required.

XBGMER, I have nothing to against on Steam but I just want respect to PC gamers who wishes to not install Steam on their PC for any reasons.

That's not exactly what I was talking.

1) Modern Warfare 2 use DRM under Steam, not SecuROM and SecuROM is very common in hard copy games that don't require 3rd party apps, such as Steam to be installed. Some PC gamers don't want any games to be integrate with Steam for some reason due some games may require online but only problem about if you are playing games on road and try to play games under Steam but won't run due no online or have wait to find WiFi hotspot to connect it, also other reason are personal.

2) Modern Warfare 2 isn't only game that require Steam to play so same goes with Saints Row 2, Left 4 Dead and rest of games that published by Valve so you are require to have Steam to play, that what some PC gamers don't want for personal reason, along with no dedicated servers and no mods, that what many CoD PC fans are very upset about traditional has taken away.

There's list of games that use SecuROM, Modern Warfare 2 isn't on list because they use Steam DRM, unlike previous CoD, both of Modern Warfare and World at War use safedisc (confirmed) so no need to run Steam.
Know Your Game! Tiki : List of games with SecuROM 7

If you don't see any games on list so games are probably protected by Safedisc, Steam, Impulse, Star Force, Tages or no protection, The Sims 3 is protected by EA copy protection due many Sims fans hate SecuROM and Far Cry 2 has no protection after Ubisoft issue an patch to remove it after many complaint like many recent games from Ubisoft.

3) They cannot use SecuROM and Steam in combined because it does cause conflict when you are try to back up the game so EA made mistake and issue an patch to remove the SecuROM but left protected under Steam DRM.

The games with Steam DRM is still cracked, there's alot of Modern Warfare 2 on torrent and some hackers made new installation for Modern Warfare 2 to run without need use Steam.

4) I had researched alot about copy protection and I'm against on DRM, that why I'm encourage pirate to buy legal copy or send money to game developers if they love their game, even some people rather to use torrent to download the full version of game because demo isn't enough.

Activision does make alot of profit so far than losing the profit because you cannot play in multiplayer with pirated CoD games, it was Infinity Ward decision to use steamwork for games so Activision accept it so I'm blaming on IW instead of Activision.

I'm wait to get Battlefield Bad Company 2 for PC and it will support dedicated servers and mods.

Direct2Drive and Gamers Gate use game's own copy protection, such as SecuROM, Safedisc, Tages or even no DRM on some games because they use first party installation.
Yeah,
1) DRm and secuROm are little complex to me. I am still learning what pro/ con of the different between DRm and SeCuRom.

anyway you are saying some person who doesnt happy with steam because they require games must connect online, this remind me of Onlive does. Yeah thats what I have heard it from another forums, bloggers, gamers comments. It was past. However Now Steam offer offline mode for games. I did play games while offline from steam. I have no problem with some games which purchased from steam or add my retail cd key # on steam..

2) I do understanding your concerning point. but I think some Gamers didnt read it before buy the retail game box. some realized some games require to download it from steam after they opened retail box. I did read it on back of the retail box as warning notice about value steam/ steamworks "you purchase this, and have agreement with steam's policy" etc. or said don't purchase this"if don't consent with steam's agreement" before buy it. see steam don't want buyers waste their money on this without consent with valve steamworks's agreement.

3) Yes thats what I like steam keep update games if there require patch for some games. they always update on games automatically.

4) Yes, We sometime don't agree this. I don't think so game deveopler industry are pleaseure pirates or hackers, thats what game deveoplers made pc game and selling it for their own profits. PC pirates/ hacker gamers don't support PC game developers nor donate their money to developers. thats why most game deveopers heading the console industry instead of pc. It wasnt my idea or thinking, so from resource site what i learned.

about between Activision and IW are affinity. Mm..Activision does still support IW if IW want their games on steam or whatever.. I have no problem with it.. I am glad they aren't that DUMB. So, you have a deal with it or you dislike it, then dont buy it. see lot of pc gamers react about this and their complaints against this. You know what? Server is very expensive, not cheap, thats why they eliminated the dedicated servers. time tell and time had changed. Like PC gamers will don't going to support OnLive for steam, etc.. watch out for onlive will not afford to spend their money the servers, Mirco-console and gonna bankrupt, because there are lacks of supports. but if onlive change some in way and save their business.

You excuse me, please? I have lack of PC gaming experince, etcs. I am the true console gamer since 1977, atari 2600 released. I am still PC gaming rookie and still learning, never too late..

Yeah,
1) DRm and secuROm are little complex to me. I am still learning what pro/ con of the different between DRm and SeCuRom.

anyway you are saying some person who doesnt happy with steam because they require games must connect online, this remind me of Onlive does. Yeah thats what I have heard it from another forums, bloggers, gamers comments. It was past. However Now Steam offer offline mode for games. I did play games while offline from steam. I have no problem with some games which purchased from steam or add my retail cd key # on steam..

2) I do understanding your concerning point. but I think some Gamers didnt read it before buy the retail game box. some realized some games require to download it from steam after they opened retail box. I did read it on back of the retail box as warning notice about value steam/ steamworks "you purchase this, and have agreement with steam's policy" etc. or said don't purchase this"if don't consent with steam's agreement" before buy it. see steam don't want buyers waste their money on this without consent with valve steamworks's agreement.

3) Yes thats what I like steam keep update games if there require patch for some games. they always update on games automatically.

4) Yes, We sometime don't agree this. I don't think so game deveopler industry are pleaseure pirates or hackers, thats what game deveoplers made pc game and selling it for their own profits. PC pirates/ hacker gamers don't support PC game developers nor donate their money to developers. thats why most game deveopers heading the console industry instead of pc. It wasnt my idea or thinking, so from resource site what i learned.

about between Activision and IW are affinity. Mm..Activision does still support IW if IW want their games on steam or whatever.. I have no problem with it.. I am glad they aren't that DUMB. So, you have a deal with it or you dislike it, then dont buy it. see lot of pc gamers react about this and their complaints against this. You know what? Server is very expensive, not cheap, thats why they eliminated the dedicated servers. time tell and time had changed. Like PC gamers will don't going to support OnLive for steam, etc.. watch out for onlive will not afford to spend their money the servers, Mirco-console and gonna bankrupt, because there are lacks of supports. but if onlive change some in way and save their business.

You excuse me, please? I have lack of PC gaming experince, etcs. I am the true console gamer since 1977, atari 2600 released. I am still PC gaming rookie and still learning, never too late..

I haven't play Steam in offline mode after last tested in 2008 when I was heading to Texas for thanksgivings so it does frustrate me when try play games on Steam in offline mode.

Yup, I'm aware about Saints Row 2 does have warning message about Steamworks, same with Left 4 Dead.

I have no problem with Steam but still issue to some PC gamers, just like there's people who is anti-Steam, just like anti-PS3 so I thought that Steamwork should be only for download from Steam instead of mandatory on hard copy.

I don't know about what are you talking about IW don't support dedicated servers because of expensive, IW hasn't disclose any reason about dedicated servers or mods aren't supported, maybe it is about their odd role. Some of my friends who own dedicated servers and they said dedicated servers are biggest must for them like many PC gamers does because of alot of benefits and Activison has lost over million dollars after many PC gamers canceled the pre-order but no kidding due lacks of dedicated servers and mods.
Steam Community :: Group :: Boycott Modern Warfare 2 (WE WANT DEDICATED SERVERS)
Dedicated Servers for CoD:MW2 Petition

It wasn't Steam thing to take dedicated servers away because Steam does support dedicated servers, mods and command consoles, far more open than GFW - Live but IW made odd decision.

I will buy WM2 in later if they issue an patch to add dedicated servers, mods and command consoles like previous CoD, just like some PC games don't support dedicated servers at first place but added later with patch.

I'm not worried about it and it allow me to send $50 on Left 2 Dead 2 in next week and forward for BF: Bad Company 2 in next year.

I guess we should let agree to disagree about WM2 and Steam situation.

I heard about next Call of Duty will be in Vietnam and Cuba.
Call of Duty 7 Rumored to be Set in Vietnam, Cuba: News from 1UP.com

Back