mo passes disability laws for hearing aides

birdlady

Reaction score
just got the news paper today ,one of the most substantive changes would include hearing aides to be covered buy medicade under the state laws .programs called "mo health net " . passed .. It means those hoh can get help with hearing aides,

Both my kids got their HA's through Missouri State Medicaid when we lived in Columbia. This was back in 2000. They had the aids for a few years, but hated wearing them. Neither one wears them anymore. Daughter's problems were not helped with HA's, they only made it worse and even though son benefited, due to home issues, he could not wear them. I almost never wore mine at home. We all were so used to speaking loudly and my mother has a naturally loud voice. (Drives my MIL batty most days, thankfully I can't hear it anymore)

They were able to get the aids and have them replace every 5 years if needed and could get new molds up to twice a year if need be. I had to pay for the batteries.

Sorry here I go again rattleing This disability law passed in missouri state and included in the bill to help low income diisabled people on MO Health Net to get hearing aides.. sorry

Both my kids got their HA's through Missouri State Medicaid when we lived in Columbia. This was back in 2000. They had the aids for a few years, but hated wearing them. Neither one wears them anymore. Daughter's problems were not helped with HA's, they only made it worse and even though son benefited, due to home issues, he could not wear them. I almost never wore mine at home. We all were so used to speaking loudly and my mother has a naturally loud voice. (Drives my MIL batty most days, thankfully I can't hear it anymore)

They were able to get the aids and have them replace every 5 years if needed and could get new molds up to twice a year if need be. I had to pay for the batteries.

Well sorry the kids have problem too. that is not good so young . But it sounds like you have part of the problem handled. I as a older adult they wouldnt help me.never even offered. I fell and my aide drop out of my ear and then i step on it . so I figured I was dumed..Got another one when my mother passed we have tried to fit hers to me. but ,I too have so much problems, infectiond,ect.. But, I have a hard time hearing. anything. presure is my big problem and i hear a heart beat or pounding it just get worst as the more i try to figure out what is going on around me. I am learning signs.. I figure if they want to talk to me they will come along and learn. or not. But ,I think it is great that the state would help those that need it. want it and can use them..

Well sorry the kids have problem too. that is not good so young . But it sounds like you have part of the problem handled. I as a older adult they wouldnt help me.never even offered. I fell and my aide drop out of my ear and then i step on it . so I figured I was dumed..Got another one when my mother passed we have tried to fit hers to me. but ,I too have so much problems, infectiond,ect.. But, I have a hard time hearing. anything. presure is my big problem and i hear a heart beat or pounding it just get worst as the more i try to figure out what is going on around me. I am learning signs.. I figure if they want to talk to me they will come along and learn. or not. But ,I think it is great that the state would help those that need it. want it and can use them..

Yea - I wasn't on the medicaid myself, but I got mine through VR

What we need is for private insurances to cover hearing aids too!

yes I agree insurances should cover hearing aides .. They cover lots of other things whynot aides..

Who need hearing aids if the person or more don't want to bother having the hearing aids.

Yeah, it is good that when a person want to have new hearing aid, then the Medicare will cover the cost of the hearing aids for people who can not afford to have new hearing aids.

I have been away from USA for 16 years and could not use Medicare here in Canada, only Hospital care if I happen to visit USA for family visits just in case if I happen to get sick or got involve in accidents. Just saying. :)

Back