Missing girl, 16, can't hear or speak

KingDragon

Reaction score
I find it out news today so i just want to let ya know about it.

El Paso Times

Palma

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authorities have launched a regional search for a 16-year-old, hearing- and speech-impaired girl who was reported missing Wednesday after failing to meet her parents at Cielo Vista Mall.

Lorena Palma, a Burges High School sophomore, was last seen at 7 a.m. Wednesday when her father dropped her off at the Edgemere Apartment complex, at 6770 Edgemere, where she cares for an elderly woman who is also hearing-impaired. Palma does not have a history of running away, police said.

"We have learned that she never made it to the apartment of the elderly lady she was going to be taking care of," police spokesman Javier Sambrano said.

Police have been helping the family look for Palma since 9 p.m. Wednesday and on Thursday enlisted the help of other law enforcement agencies within a 100-mile radius of El Paso after the girl had been missing for 24 hours.

Sambrano said they had no indications that Palma was abducted. He said the department is emphasizing the investigation because her disability makes it more difficult for her to communicate.

Victor Palmas told police he realized his daughter was missing Wednesday about 2:30 p.m. when she didn't meet him at Cielo Vista Mall on the East Side as they had planned. Lorena Palma was going to shop for school items after caring for the elderly woman.

"I'm hurting. It just hurts," said Maria Elena Palma, the girl's mother. "I don't know what happened. This came to me as a surprise. Please help the officers find her. That's all I can say."

Lorena Palma is 5 feet 5 inches tall and weighs about 120 pounds. She has medium-length brown hair that she was wearing in a ponytail. She was wearing a short-sleeved gray shirt with a Mickey Mouse logo, dark gray sweat pants with white stripes down the side and white tennis shoes with pink laces. She carried a pink backpack.

Her description was sent to the Child Alert Foundation, a national information clearinghouse for missing or abducted children, which issued a regional Amber Alert about 12:30 p.m. Thursday.

Sambrano said a statewide Amber Alert has not been issued because police have not determined whether Palma was abducted.

Investigators are asking for help from sign-language interpreters who may be able to assist.

They also ask anyone with information to call the Crimes Against Persons Unit at 564-7010 or 911.

Attachments

• 20030815-9112-4825.jpg
    20030815-9112-4825.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 112
Man, I hope she'll be found and safe very soon. It really sadden me when I read a news about missing child. I can't imagine myself being one of them and going through all of this!

e said:
Man, I hope she'll be found and safe very soon. It really sadden me when I read a news about missing child. I can't imagine myself being one of them and going through all of this!

I know, I feeling bad for her. I dont undy why someone want her for missing. I still dont undy why her ?? :dunno: why not animale instead of person?

DrStar80 said:
I know, I feeling bad for her. I dont undy why someone want her for missing. I still dont undy why her ?? :dunno: why not animale instead of person?

Heck no! Not the animal! Didn't you know that we, humans, are animals, too? So, think of these animals like us.

e said:
Heck no! Not the animal! Didn't you know that we, humans, are animals, too? So, think of these animals like us.

Animal can have more the baby than one time. do u see how many dogs have a baby maybe like 4 or 8. so now u see as mother is born a baby 1 time a year or later.. it is really hard on it and very cherish moment baby than animal.

My prayers goes out to the family of the missing girl and hope she's found very soon! it's sad to have to deal with this :(

hope they find her soon as possible. hate to hear missing child get hurt, raped, killed or whatever.

DrStar80 said:
Animal can have more the baby than one time. do u see how many dogs have a baby maybe like 4 or 8. so now u see as mother is born a baby 1 time a year or later.. it is really hard on it and very cherish moment baby than animal.
chipanzees and other types of apes closest to relatives of humans, can have one or two babies like most humans do.

Steel said:
chipanzees and other types of apes closest to relatives of humans, can have one or two babies like most humans do.

I undy, some people think that animal and human is more important but my an opnion is human is more important than animal.

well i can't fight with your opinon but i know what you are saying...

most animals today are already on the endangered list and if they are, they'll be excint and the world won't be the same...it proably would get alot worse with nothing on it so we need to save them to bring more life, and life is important. so life can contine and many things will continue as well. If monkeys and apes becomes excint, then the evloution era is totally screwed because there won't be anymore humans in the future. Evloution is important too so that life will be bigger and improved than ever. there would be so much of life around the world if there were never any endangered animals already but right now we have to be extra careful with poarchers, hunters, and even murderers.

life ain't easy.

Any further news on the girl yet? Has she been found yet...? I thought I heard something that she was found alive and safe. Anyone know any details?

doesn t matter what she was doing the whole time she was found thats important! thats such a relif!

Good to hear that she is safe...

3 days ?????? Sigh... should be within same day to be safe! That's my opinions sorry people!

Wendy

:dunno: Just am glad that she was found safe and apparently unharmed. I tried to find more information, but there weren't. Important part is that she's home safe now.

Back