Miss Deaf Texas struck by train, killed

downing

New Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2004
Messages
1,443
Reaction score
1
prostock19 said:
Why don't you ask the railroader who works on trains EVERYDAY!

I can't feel a train until it is actually going by. Especially at hight speeds, you don't feel it. You can, if you're hearing, hear the rails "sing" to you about 30 seconds, maybe less, before it comes. That is it. With todays continuous welded rail, it is harder to feel and hear the trains.

For all those that say suicide, she would be standing in the middle of the track if it was suicide, not just outside the track. That is how people commit suicide by train. I have talked to people that have experienced it. OR, they lay with their head across the rail. She was walking away from the train.

Don't make these accusations if you don't know they are true. Base everything on the FACTS. She Texted her mom, saying she was taking a shortcut (very illegal shortcut) down the railroad tracks.

You are right, I can not make any accusation. You sure do know about trains than I do. It was just an unfortunate freak accident for Tara.
 

Dino65

New Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2005
Messages
490
Reaction score
1
Momoftwo said:
It does NOT matter if you are hearing or deaf. Either way she was not paying attention OR committed suicide....we won't know which one. Again, it doesn't matter about hearing or deaf. In two days ago, there were 3 HEARING people who were killed by the trains!

I agree with you, Momo ... I just hope Hearing don't get the wrong idea.
 

Weirdo

New Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2003
Messages
532
Reaction score
0
Me and my best friend met her and her parents through beauty pagent in 1998 or 1999. She's so sweet and friendly. I have a picture of her with me. And I saw her again at TSD homecoming in 2002 and 2003. She looked all grown up. She was young when I first met her. I totally can't believe she's gone. She doesn't deserved to die. :( My good friend got killed by the train. He was totally deaf to hear anything. And now her.

Also, My cousin lives really close to that railroad where she was killed.

My prayers go to her family. Here's the site of Tara Mcavoy:

www.taramcavoy.com
 
M

Momoftwo

Guest
There are so awful comments by many hearing people about deaf people in the AOL post thoughts!!! So awful!!! like....deaf people are dumb, satan got the deaf girl into hell eternal, etc. It really disgusted me!!!!!! Thanks a lot to the media!!!!!!!!!!! Because this media made many hearing people thinking deaf people are dumb!!!!!!!! because I read so many awful comments by hearing people about deaf people!!!! disgusting!!!

Hey, this girl walked along the railroad path and it was 10 feet away from the railroad to where she was walking. I couldn't believe it. That wasn't very smart thing to do - yes, it was very stupid thing to do. It is not because she was dumb because she was deaf. No! Hearing and deaf people made stupid things to do. So, it seems to me that it was her suicide secret. I am not sure. It still really upsets me!!!!!! I still don't understand why she walked way too close to the railroad!!!!!!! sigh!
 

AmazingChrist

New Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2005
Messages
55
Reaction score
0
Dear Father in Heaven, I pray for you to take care of Tara Rose McAvoy, who was recently died near the train tracks, on 13th of March, 2006. As for I pray for her to rest in peace. Comfort her into her new home in Heaven. May her feel no sorrow, no pain, and no misery. I pray for her to have a wonderful eternial life. I pray for her family and her boyfriend to be comforted in Jesus Christ's comforting hands. God bless her and rest her soul. Thank you O Lord. In Jesus' name, Amen!
 

NRG

New Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2006
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Yes, everyone makes mistakes but it doesn't make a person stupid. It is bad judgement and she isn't the only one who has made a bad judgement call and doesn't deserve to be called stupid either. It is disrespect.


Momoftwo said:
Sure, we all respect to her. Sure some teens made stupid decisions. Would you walk along the railroad path?????? Is that a good idea? NO, it's a bad idea so she made a mistake for choosing to walk extremely close to the railroads.

How about drink and drive? Were people stupid for drinking and then driving? Good idea?? No, they were so stupid for choosing to drink drunk and then drive and kill other people and/or themselves. They were stupid for choosing the bad decision.

Hope you understand.
 
M

Momoftwo

Guest
Anyway, I saw the picture of Robert Guintoli in AOL. I know him and I met him thru his ex-wife. I am so sure that he is feeling so terrible because he knew this deaf girl. It's really sad!
 

Heath

Active Member
Joined
May 31, 2005
Messages
8,072
Reaction score
0
I don't think Tara meant to make a stupid decision. Kids will be kids. I know I was one half a lifetime ago. I remember being a crazy teenage Deaf boy jumping off the bridge into the creek to go swimming when there was not much rain to swell up the creek really deep so that I could jump in the water and not hurt myself. There are so many different things that I can think of.... I popped awesome aggressive wheelies on a three wheeler when they were cool and popular and the t.v. news with closed captioning blared warnings on the dangers of riding ATV 3-wheelers and my mom shook her head and worried about me like any mother in their right mind would, things like that. I did not mean to or ask to make a stupid decision. Kids will be kids. They do not mean to disobey their parents or anything like that. They need self discpline and their personal growth will match what they see in the real world. Tara was being herself just like any hearing teenage girl would be on the cellphone just like Deaf teenage girls would be on their Sidekick or text messengers. I am sure Deaf organizations across the country will put together a safety warning brochure of some type to warn the Deaf community about the dangers of using their Sidekicks or text messengers and how to stay safe while using them. I wish it did not cost Tara or anybody their life. We need to do our part in keeping ourselves and each other safe and hopefully there will be less accidental deaths that could have been prevented in the Deaf world. God Bless...
 

NRG

New Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2006
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Doesn't matter if she was deaf or hearing. It could of happened to anyone ! It was a bad decision on her part to walk to closely to the tracks but it STILL DOES NOT MAKE HER STUPID. If you made a mistake, would you like to be commented on as being stupid ? She was a smart talented young lady that lost her life by bad judgement.

Momoftwo said:
Too bad! Yes, it was so stupid of her to walk way too close to the railroads!! It was a mistake for her to do this so she was stupid for doing this! Not because she was deaf. It's because she made the stupid thing to do!

end of discussion!
 
M

Momoftwo

Guest
Heath said:
I don't think Tara meant to make a stupid decision. Kids will be kids. I know I was one half a lifetime ago. I remember being a crazy teenage boy jumping off the bridge into the creek to go swimming when there was not much rain to swell up the creek really deep so that I could jump in the water and not hurt myself. There are so many different things that I can think of.... I popped awesome aggressive wheelies on a three wheeler when they were cool and popular and the t.v. news with closed captioning blared warnings on the dangers of riding ATV 3-wheelers back and my mom shook her head and worried about me like any mother in their right mind would, things like that. I did not mean to or ask to make a stupid decision. Kids will be kids. They do not mean to disobey their parents or anything like that. They need self discpline and their personal growth will match what they see in the real world. Tara was being herself just like any hearing teenage girl would be on the cellphone just like Deaf teenage girls would be on their Sidekick or text messengers. I am sure Deaf organizations across the country will put together a safety warning brochure of some type to warn the Deaf community about the dangers of using their Sidekicks or text messengers and how to stay safe while using them. I wish it did not cost Tara or anybody their life. We need to do our part in keeping ourselves and each other safe and hopefully there will be less accidental deaths that could have been prevented in the Deaf world. God Bless...

Still!! She made a stupid decision because she was 18 years old. She was a young adult woman. Her parents may or may not tell her to stay away from the tracks. Who knows? People who make mistakes then they are stupid for doing this. like drink and drive - that's stupid!

It does NOT matter that this young woman who was DEAF. She was simply human being (hearing or deaf).

Number one....the media took it so seriously and told everyone in this nation because this young woman was DEAF! It pissed me off!!!!! Media is :crazy:

The media caused so many hearing people to think that all deaf people are dumb! huh?!?!?!

Yes, I am mad!

End of discussion!
 

NRG

New Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2006
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Exactly. People do things and not everyone thinks about the consequences that can happen. I agree with you 100 %.


Heath said:
I don't think Tara meant to make a stupid decision. Kids will be kids. I know I was one half a lifetime ago. I remember being a crazy teenage boy jumping off the bridge into the creek to go swimming when there was not much rain to swell up the creek really deep so that I could jump in the water and not hurt myself. There are so many different things that I can think of.... I popped awesome aggressive wheelies on a three wheeler when they were cool and popular and the t.v. news with closed captioning blared warnings on the dangers of riding ATV 3-wheelers and my mom shook her head and worried about me like any mother in their right mind would, things like that. I did not mean to or ask to make a stupid decision. Kids will be kids. They do not mean to disobey their parents or anything like that. They need self discpline and their personal growth will match what they see in the real world. Tara was being herself just like any hearing teenage girl would be on the cellphone just like Deaf teenage girls would be on their Sidekick or text messengers. I am sure Deaf organizations across the country will put together a safety warning brochure of some type to warn the Deaf community about the dangers of using their Sidekicks or text messengers and how to stay safe while using them. I wish it did not cost Tara or anybody their life. We need to do our part in keeping ourselves and each other safe and hopefully there will be less accidental deaths that could have been prevented in the Deaf world. God Bless...
 

Heath

Active Member
Joined
May 31, 2005
Messages
8,072
Reaction score
0
Momoftwo said:
Still!! She made a stupid decision because she was 18 years old. She was a young adult woman. Her parents may or may not tell her to stay away from the tracks. Who knows? People who make mistakes then they are stupid for doing this. like drink and drive - that's stupid!

It does NOT matter that this young woman who was DEAF. She was simply human being (hearing or deaf).

Number one....the media took it so seriously and told everyone in this nation because this young woman was DEAF! It pissed me off!!!!! Media is :crazy:

The media caused so many hearing people to think that all deaf people are dumb! huh?!?!?!

Yes, I am mad!

End of discussion!

Okay Momoftwo , I can understand about the media part but please think all the way back to when you were 18 years old? even if you met the legal definition of 18 years old. You still were not done growing up yet. Nobody ever was done growing up when they were 18 years old even though the law said she was 18 years old. I know I did some pretty crazy and very dangerous things when I was 18 years old. I just turned 30 years old. I laugh when I look back at what I did when I was a 18 years old guy. I did not know any better..... so please cut some slack for Tara and respect her family and friends during this very difficult time please? Thank you
 
F

FreeWoman77

Guest
sigh* I have walked by rail many times :Ohno: maybe Tara too, never knows happen to everyone any other u cant call person as stupid, nobody is perfect thinking

I saw video on CNN website her parent is deaf?!? I am very sorry for them :tears:
 
M

Momoftwo

Guest
Heath said:
Okay Momoftwo , I can understand about the media part but please think all the way back to when you were 18 years old? even if you met the legal definition of 18 years old. You still were not done growing up yet. Nobody ever was done growing up when they were 18 years old even though the law said she was 18 years old. I know I did some pretty crazy and very dangerous things when I was 18 years old. I just turned 30 years old. I laugh when I look back at what I did when I was a 18 years old guy. I did not know any better..... so please cut some slack for Tara and respect her family and friends during this very difficult time please? Thank you

Then, that time you were wild and crazy. I was not!!!! When I was 18 years old, I already knew about the railroad situations. I was always very good person, never got troubles, never got into crazy, wild situations, etc. My parents taught me the right ways. They disciplined me very well. This is how I behaved very very well. I never do the drugs, drinkings, smokings, smoking the pots, etc NEVER tried it! Well??? Alright!

It was dumb of her to walk way too close to the railroads. Very sad. In a way, yes on this situation did teach people (hearing and deaf) a lesson.

Ok, goodnight, heath :)
 

AmazingChrist

New Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2005
Messages
55
Reaction score
0
I live near by the railroad tracks. I once a while walk by the tracks just for my peaceful time hiking. I know the dangers of railroad tracks. I use a cochlear implant to help me hear. I can hear the train's fog horn burst out loud before. So, I'm 23 years old, and I'm not calling Tara a stupid person. Many people makes mistakes in their life. Hearing or deaf, doesnt matter. So, I want those deafies that referred to her as stupid to shut up and respect for the family and friends of hers. May her be in God's hands. If I hear anyone calling her stupid, I'll talk to the Admin to remove your offensive posts. Thank you and God bless!

Ryan
 

IslandGal

New Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2005
Messages
4,315
Reaction score
0
AmazingChrist said:
I live near by the railroad tracks. I once a while walk by the tracks just for my peaceful time hiking. I know the dangers of railroad tracks. I use a cochlear implant to help me hear. I can hear the train's fog horn burst out loud before. So, I'm 23 years old, and I'm not calling Tara a stupid person. Many people makes mistakes in their life. Hearing or deaf, doesnt matter. So, I want those deafies that referred to her as stupid to shut up and respect for the family and friends of hers. May her be in God's hands. If I hear anyone calling her stupid, I'll talk to the Admin to remove your offensive posts. Thank you and God bless!

Ryan
Bless you :)
 

Cousin Vinny

New Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2005
Messages
725
Reaction score
1
Momoftwo said:
There are so awful comments by many hearing people about deaf people in the AOL post thoughts!!!
There's an AOL forum for Deaf people? Is it accessible by non-AOL members?

Secondly, I wish to express my deepest condolences to Tara McAvoy's family, loved ones and friends for their huge loss. I'm so sorry to see such a young, promising, and pretty life extinguished so early. Rest In Peace...
 

Heath

Active Member
Joined
May 31, 2005
Messages
8,072
Reaction score
0
Momoftwo said:
Then, that time you were wild and crazy. I was not!!!! When I was 18 years old, I already knew about the railroad situations. I was always very good person, never got troubles, never got into crazy, wild situations, etc. My parents taught me the right ways. They disciplined me very well. This is how I behaved very very well. I never do the drugs, drinkings, smokings, smoking the pots, etc NEVER tried it! Well??? Alright!

It was dumb of her to walk way too close to the railroads. Very sad. In a way, yes on this situation did teach people (hearing and deaf) a lesson.

Ok, goodnight, heath :)

Wow !!! Our first major disagreement Momoftwo....

Please understand that everybody grows up differently some don't even touch that stuff and some do touch that stuff but you should not hold that against anyone.

I will say this.... Please show Tara and her family & her friends the privacy and respect that they deserve. please..... Thank you ....
 

NRG

New Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2006
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
I read and heard what the media said and I didn't take it that they were blaming the accident on her deafness. To me it sounded like what a typical teenager might be doing, talking on a cell phone or text messaging etc..
Your right people make mistakes but that doesn't make them stupid. Careless maybe. Plus we are not talking about someone who was drinking and driving either, we are talking about a kid who was walking along the train tracks chatting on her pager and got hit.
 
Top