Miss Deaf Texas struck by train, killed

Trains don't just run in Texas. It is more economical to build the snowplow on there and leave it rather than taking it on and off according to the weather across the US, which is largely unpredictable.

Oh I see, merci thespirit

My another curiosity. The train leaves the snowplower on all around year or half of the season?

TheSpirit is 100%. Locomotives travel the country and go where they are needed. I like rail photography and love to see locomotives I have had in my train all over the place.

Another thing about the plow, it is also useful for removing items on the track. Kids like to place large object in front of trains, and the plow just helps to push it away and not go under the train to cause problems.

Moondancer said:
Oh I see, merci thespirit

My another curiosity. The train leaves the snowplower on all around year or half of the season?

I can't say with 100% certainty, but I would guess year-round. Some places do get snow virtually all year. Here in Wyoming we had our last snowfall of the season in June, and it started up again in September. It seems like it wouldn't be a wise decision (economically) to take them off for 2 or 3 months.

prostock19 said:
TheSpirit is 100%. Locomotives travel the country and go where they are needed. I like rail photography and love to see locomotives I have had in my train all over the place.

Another thing about the plow, it is also useful for removing items on the track. Kids like to place large object in front of trains, and the plow just helps to push it away and not go under the train to cause problems.

Interesting to learn about it. I never knew what it means to protects the train. I learned something new today. Many thanks for that information, prostock and the spirit....

I know my childhood friend who is state pageant director and give her best looking for replace for miss deaf texas. Also, I have added all the news in my forum... *my hand sore already*

yes, i am former texan....

oh also, train is not around but use for companies and using the tracks on that no one know when it comes or anything because there is no GATE to warns.

RIP Tara

MizzDeaf said:
I know my childhood friend who is state pageant director and give her best looking for replace for miss deaf texas. Also, I have added all the news in my forum... *my hand sore already*

yes, i am former texan....

The runner up from san antonio might take her place if she willing to be... I don't have the link but I read from the upper post that she might (I think it was from heath or someone from tx's post, I'm not sure)

doesnt she wear hearing aids?? This happens when u dont wear your hearing aids or Cochlear implants

signer16 said:
It is Gally's spring break. Not saying for sure that's why she came home, but it would make sense.

She went to TX on Jan. Pay attention?

FitnessGuru said:
doesnt she wear hearing aids?? This happens when u dont wear your hearing aids or Cochlear implants

No, that's what happens when you aren't paying attention to what you're doing. Even with hearing aids on, if she was profoundly deaf she may have heard a noise, but not necessarily known what it was. I know a lot of my students and friends tend to just block things out, especially if it's a continuous noise like the repeated blowing of a train's whistle.

What happened to the idea that deaf people, unless they had Usher's Syndrome or were legally blind, had sharp visual frields? Uh-oh, the myth has been exposed and debunked!

It sounded like a combination of poor judgmental move and just plain bad luck, regardless of her audiological status.

i read all of posts its really poor for her family and friends but she really young at 18 years old she already dead that really stupid idea to killed her!

When i was Senior at Kansas School for the Deaf before my graduation and i got letter from my old school and i found out about that boy 15 year old he also killed from train accident that really stupid and he died in March 11, 2000 and i went his funeral and his family really upset and really big despression for that after his funeral the 2 teacher who are not responsible for 15 years old student the teachers got fired for that! and i give cards to condelences to his family for grieve family.I read articles and news about that 15 years old who killed from train accident and kept till over from funeral and they wont forget it but will remind about that boy his name is Justin Barnett and his family kept articles about Justin Barnett's death.After few months of his funeral i give flowers to his cousin who also graduate from KSD ex-students will put his graves.

Miss Deaf Texas struck by train, killed
http://us.cnn.com/2006/US/03/14/beauty.queen.death.ap/index.html

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) -- The reigning Miss Deaf Texas died after being struck by a train, officials said.

Tara Rose McAvoy, 18, was walking Monday near railroad tracks when she was struck by a Union Pacific train, authorities said.

A witness told Austin television station KTBC the train sounded its horn right up until the accident occurred.

McAvoy, who had been deaf since birth, won the state title in June and represented the state "with dignity and pride," state pageant director Laura Loeb-Hill told The Associated Press via e-mail Monday night.

McAvoy was to represent Texas at the Miss Deaf America pageant this summer, Loeb-Hill said.

McAvoy graduated last year from the Texas School for the Deaf, attended Austin Community College and then started at Gallaudet University in Washington, D.C., in January, but had returned to Texas, Loeb-Hill said.

FitnessGuru said:

Eyes!! Many hearing hit by the train too! Not just Deaf or Hard of Hearing.

me_punctured said:
What happened to the idea that deaf people, unless they had Usher's Syndrome or were legally blind, had sharp visual frields? Uh-oh, the myth has been exposed and debunked!

It sounded like a combination of poor judgmental move and just plain bad luck, regardless of her audiological status.

Possibly who knows ...

sequoias said:
Ouch, that's gotta hurt. She shouldn't be on the tracks because she knew that she's deaf and can't hear the train coming. Rest in peace, Rose.

well hearing should not be there too because they don't pay attention to it.

FitnessGuru said:

It does NOT matter if you are hearing or deaf. Either way she was not paying attention OR committed suicide....we won't know which one. Again, it doesn't matter about hearing or deaf. In two days ago, there were 3 HEARING people who were killed by the trains!

Very Sad... She's too beautiful to die... :(

RIP Tara :(

Momoftwo said:
It does NOT matter if you are hearing or deaf. Either way she was not paying attention OR committed suicide....we won't know which one. Again, it doesn't matter about hearing or deaf. In two days ago, there were 3 HEARING people who were killed by the trains!

:gpost:

Back