Mirror Mirror on the Wall

BecLak

Reaction score
When you look at yourself in the mirror, what do you see? How do you perceive yourself as a person and how do you think others perceive you?

I am a person of principle. I am very firm about my values. I stick by the rules, so to speak. I see things very black and white, no gray areas. It's either/or; all or nothing. I believe in advocating for justice and what is right. I am very family-orientated and like being around people (I have 7 kids :lol:), yet I know how to enjoy my own company too.

You know its funny that you asked this question.... because I've always felt weird looking at a mirror.

When I look I see more than just my reflection. I see my happiness, my pain, my deepest feelings dark or happy. I see my hopes, I see my fears... I see the real me.

I almost never look into a mirror. To get to one I can see out of, I have to go to MIL's closet door. My bathroom mirror is up too high for me, the bedroom mirror I can't see out of as the dresser is stacked too high.

When I look in the mirror, I see a person who is looking every day more and more like my mother. Aaccckkkkk!!!

I didn't think that would happen yet!

Like Beclak, I see a person that has been very fortunate to have so many life experiences that have contributed to my dedication to social justice. I see a person who has used both experience and knowledge to develop a set of ethics that I have no problem standing up for in the face of criticism from others who value "niceness" moreso than justice. I see a person whose purpose in life is not to be non'committal in order to avoid unpleasant confrontation, but one whose purpose is to commit to that which is just, and to stand by it despite unpleasant confrontation. I see a person who has experienced much in this world, and who values all of that experience as that which has made me who I am today. I see a person comfortable in her own skin and one who does not base her worth on what a few others may think.

In the words of Sigmund Freud: "We are what we are because we have been what we have been."

I see someone who's happier and more relaxed and at ease in her skin now that I've changed my self-perception from deaf to Deaf.

My mirrors, when I look at them directly, only seem to show a dense fog of awesomosity. There's a strikingly handsome young man somewhere in the middle of that fog, too.

Mirror Mirror

That is an excellent question..smile, and the answers given have all been
honest I feel. I have never been someone to have many mirrors. I choose instead to look inward to see who I am...laughing..I love that quote given, Thank you for that !! it is infact the summation of everything I believe. I look inside and I see a self confident, principled, loving spirit. I do not put to much thought into the outside of me, I can look and give a description of what I see, but someone else may see me differently so....laughing...I will say contrary to what someone said about seeing back and white only, with no grey area's. I have found as I get older and I meet more ppl..there are many more grey area's then I first believed. So I would say to you Mirror...

Mirror Mirror on the wall..I hope you hold tightly, and do not fall..
Reflect to those looking, what needs to be seen..
And could you give me the answer, of keeping you clean?
Laughing....Midnight♥♥♥

That is an excellent question..smile, and the answers given have all been
honest I feel. I have never been someone to have many mirrors. I choose instead to look inward to see who I am...laughing..I love that quote given, Thank you for that !! it is infact the summation of everything I believe. I look inside and I see a self confident, principled, loving spirit. I do not put to much thought into the outside of me, I can look and give a description of what I see, but someone else may see me differently so....laughing...I will say contrary to what someone said about seeing back and white only, with no grey area's. I have found as I get older and I meet more ppl..there are many more grey area's then I first believed. So I would say to you Mirror...

Mirror Mirror on the wall..I hope you hold tightly, and do not fall..
Reflect to those looking, what needs to be seen..
And could you give me the answer, of keeping you clean?
Laughing....Midnight♥♥♥

Love the poem Midnight! Peace! :D

Upon reflection of this thread, I would now say:

I see a person who has traveled far in her hearing loss journey and realizes that she is doing much better than originally thought. I see someone who tries hard to do good and what is expected of her. I see someone who has a lot on her shoulders, but strives to get it all done and still stay as true to what I believe I should be doing.

I don't spend too much time looking at the reflections in a mirror. It only shows what is on the outside of me and I think that what is on the inside is far more interesting.

When I look in the mirror, I see a person who is looking every day more and more like my mother. Aaccckkkkk!!!

I didn't think that would happen yet!

I look more like my dad, I just hope I do not wake up with horseshoe baldness one day!! YIKES!!
I see that I am getting more white hairs!! :(

When I look in a mirror, I see a pimple I need to pop... hair I need to comb... beard I need to shave... or whatever I need to do with my face.

Other than that, I don't care. :)

Back