Military Relationships

usually when both people are in the military it doesnt, depending on the situation because they are usually deployed at different times but If its love then yes it will work some way

kayla

I think that if its love that it will work out but usually if both people that are in the relationship are in the military then no it usually doesnt because most of the time their deplyment are at different times

Wow.. Last time I posted in this thread.. my boyfriend had been gone 2 months... now it's 4 months til he gets home... time sure flies.

It's easier now then it was at first.. but I miss him still.

I want to dating military chick. Great advantage is.. excellent benefit, she could share with me! bwhahaha...

okay, that would be rude and nasty.

there are a lot more disadvantages to dating someone in the miliatary...

1. deployments... they suck! you have your love gone for anywhere from 6 months to a year every 2 to 3 years.. and they're stuck in the miliatry for 8 years.

2. uniforms.. military spend money on uniforms a lot.. I'm not sure how much.. but my bf and I had to replace a lot of his stuff, like boots, pants, ect before he deployed..

3. rules.. military have strict rules about how people live, IE children of different genders have to have separate bedrooms, limited sexual positions(very limited). And there's a code of conduct you have to adherd to at all times.. and if you are gay... It's considered reason for dismissal...

4. Lonliness... Hey, The people on deployment and the family and lovers left beind suffer from lonliness... because you don't have that someone you love with you.

Trust me.. it's hard to be a soilder's lover or family.. becuase you're always worrying about the next deployment or war that will happen. And whenther or not the soilder will die tomorrow.

But those of us who still support our soilders do it out of love. Like me..

2. uniforms.. military spend money on uniforms a lot.. I'm not sure how much.. but my bf and I had to replace a lot of his stuff, like boots, pants, ect before he deployed...
Military members get a uniform allowance (tax free) that pays for their uniforms. If they spend money beyond the allowance for their uniform items, that amount is tax deductible.

I don't see that as a "con". Anyone who has a job has to wear clothing at work, so that's normal.

3. rules.. military have strict rules about how people live, IE children of different genders have to have separate bedrooms
That rule applies to military housing only. It's really for the benefit of the families because they can get a larger unit that way.

limited sexual positions(very limited).
That's news to me! Where is that in the UCMJ? And who's checking on it? :roll:

And there's a code of conduct you have to adherd to at all times...
That's a good thing. :P

I think that if its love that it will work out but usually if both people that are in the relationship are in the military then no it usually doesnt because most of the time their deplyment are at different times
True. That's the reason I did only 7 years of active duty, and I did the other 17 years in the reserves. Hubby did his whole 20-year career on active duty. It was too complicated for both of us to stay on active duty, especially with a young child.

My boyfriend and one of the guys who just got out told me that the only sexual positions accepted are missionary or masterbation... I have no idea where it is.. but that's what they told me.

Oh you're right.. it's only onpost.. was thinking of a debate my bf had going with his ex.. sorry.(kids in separate rooms)

I know about the allowance.. but the tax deductibles I didn't know about.

about 2 months before he was supposed to deploy.. he had to set up a chest with stuff he'd need while deployed.. and can you imagine trying to find a long list of stuff the night before the chest is supposed to be on base to be put on a ship bound for the area that you're deploying to?

Fun part was... Upon arriving, he realized he needed More stuff that they didn't have so i spent 4 hours driving around picking up stuff for him and shipping it...

I knew Life wouldn't be easy living with a soilder.. but the last 2 months before he deployed were crazy.

My boyfriend and one of the guys who just got out told me that the only sexual positions accepted are missionary or masterbation... I have no idea where it is.. but that's what they told me.
I hate to tell you this but someone is pulling your leg.

Oh you're right.. it's only onpost.. was thinking of a debate my bf had going with his ex.. sorry.
No problem. :)

I know about the allowance.. but the tax deductibles I didn't know about.
Some people don't bother because they don't itemize their taxes.

I dated a nuclear technician once... she glowed in the dark!

Just kidding... I never gotten around to dating any military chicks. I'm not sure if I want my GI Jane practising her strangling on me tho.

Hmm... I think I need to slap my boyfriend and the guy... or have them show me where the whole sex thing is.

I hate to tell you this but someone is pulling your leg.

It is true that the only sex positions are allowed are the missionary and the gal on top. Also, can't try anything else. Not suppost to use sex toys, doggy style or anything. Who's checking, no one. It one of those laws that are there and no one listens to. Ever state, town and city has them It also the only place having an affair is against the law. Another words, if a couple is swingers, then they better not get caught doing it while in the military.

Is this what you mean?

Article 125—Sodomy

Text.

“(a) Any person subject to this chapter who engages in unnatural carnal copulation with another person of the same or opposite sex or with an animal is guilty of sodomy. Penetration, however slight, is sufficient to complete the offense.

(b) Any person found guilty of sodomy shall by punished as a court-martial may direct.”

Elements.

(1) That the accused engaged in unnatural carnal copulation with a certain other person or with an animal. (Note: Add either or both of the following elements, if applicable)

(2) That the act was done with a child under the age of 16.

(3) That the act was done by force and without the consent of the other person.

Explanation.

It is unnatural carnal copulation for a person to take into that person’s mouth or anus the sexual organ of another person or of an animal; or to place that person’s sexual organ in the mouth or anus of another person or of an animal; or to have carnal copulation in any opening of the body, except the sexual parts, with another person; or to have carnal copulation with an animal.

Lesser included offenses.

(1) With a child under the age of 16.

(a) Article 125—forcible sodomy (and offenses included therein; see subparagraph (2) below)

(b) Article 134—indecent acts with a child under 16

(c) Article 80—attempts

(2) Forcible sodomy.

(a) Article 125—sodomy (and offenses included therein; see subparagraph (3) below)

(b) Article 134—assault with intent to commit sodomy

(c) Article 134—indecent assault

(d) Article 80—attempts.

(3) Sodomy.

(a) Article 134—indecent acts with another

(b) Article 80—attempts

Maximum punishment.

(1) By force and without consent. Dishonorable discharge, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, and confinement for life without eligibility for parole.

(2) With a child who, at the time of the offense, has attained the age of 12 but is under the age of 16 years. Dishonorable discharge, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, and confinement for 20 years.

(3) With a child under the age of 12 years at the time of the offense. Dishonorable discharge, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, and confinement for life without eligibility for parole.

(4) Other cases. Dishonorable discharge, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, and confinement for 5 years.
Some people seem to be totally misinterpreting or misusing this article for their own purposes. :roll:

Is this what you mean?

Some people seem to be totally misinterpreting or misusing this article for their own purposes. :roll:
See, in the beginning of that statement, says in the mouth or anus. It is also forbidden to amit of having gay, les relationships. It is not misusing that article. If it fits it, then it against the article. It is stupid and everything. Should change it to what you do in your bedroom is your own business.

If you also read it, it says you need to have seen them doing it. Can't just charge ppl with it if they don't have prof of it.

See, in the beginning of that statement, says in the mouth or anus. It is also forbidden to amit of having gay, les relationships. It is not misusing that article. If it fits it, then it against the article. It is stupid and everything. Should change it to what you do in your bedroom is your own business.

If you also read it, it says you need to have seen them doing it. Can't just charge ppl with it if they don't have prof of it.
Right. The military isn't watching thru windows to see how couples have intercourse.

This charge is usually brought when someone commits the acts with someone without consent, such as a sexual assault.

It is also used in conjunction with other charges that are first brought. For example, these charges might be added to an adultery charge, or to a public intoxication charge, or to an assault charge, or to a child abuse charge.

If couples keep their activities private and legally consensual (no minors or force involved), then how would they get charged?

By "misusing" I meant individuals (not legal authorities) referring to this article in order to manipulate a personal situation.

I do personally know about two cases where servicemen were charged under this article because they were committing acts with other people's dogs, in public, while drunk. Duh!

Other cases were servicemembers committing acts while on station in duty status. That's always a no-no. Fooling around while on guard duty--total stupidity.

Right. The military isn't watching thru windows to see how couples have intercourse.

This charge is usually brought when someone commits the acts with someone without consent, such as a sexual assault.

It is also used in conjunction with other charges that are first brought. For example, these charges might be added to an adultery charge, or to a public intoxication charge, or to an assault charge, or to a child abuse charge.

If couples keep their activities private and legally consensual (no minors or force involved), then how would they get charged?

By "misusing" I meant individuals (not legal authorities) referring to this article in order to manipulate a personal situation.

True, but it also there to get someone that would normally get in little trouble to get in more trouble. Yes, the government and the military are not watching what we do in the bed. It also don't take much to get that info. It not for misunderstanding, it more as the line what you do in your bedroom stays there and don't tell anyone but your sey partner.

... It also don't take much to get that info....
How? Are investigators looking thru bedroom windows? Are partners telling other people? Are people stupid enough to video tape what they do and post it on the web? :confused:

How? Are investigators looking thru bedroom windows? Are partners telling other people? Are people stupid enough to video tape what they do and post it on the web? :confused:
Maybe, some do, yes. Like 1 of my bosses, he loved to let us know he fucked gals in the ass. He knocked 1 out 1 time and swore he killed her. He also informed me that he popped in a gals ass 1 time soo hard, he ripped her ass hole. Now, will he get in trouble for it, probly not. If he gets in trouble and investigators find out and use it against her, yes. Hell, look at Bill Clinton, Keneth Star was looking into the Watergate against him and found what info? There was no contection between Star and the dirty deed, but he used that to get Bill in trouble.

You gotta admit that some people do like to brag about their sexual exploits. Even in the miliatry.. So handsome smiley has a point there. I knew a guy who liked to brag about every little sex escapade he had with his wife... *shudder*

Back