Military Moms Breastfeeding in Uniform Stir Controversy

is men soldiers sitting on front line knitting....in turky during ww1 it was usual to send kids and women on the frontline to fight so it not anything not done before rightly or worongly

People need to stop making a big deal about breastfeeding! Breast milk is the BEST thing you can give your baby, formula is not good for them, there is sugar, and milk and soy in formula.. all things a baby should not be having. I do think people need to breast feed in private, but this was a professional photograph, and they wanted to remember the precious bond they had with thier baby (I am a family photographer and i understand the significance of wanting to capture these precious momements) A dad could never bond the same way a mom does when she nurses.... this photo should have been kept private, but even though it is out in the public, the uniform should not mean a thing. That is a GREAT momma, she takes care of her baby, and she fights for a country who gets mad at her for breastfeeding in uniform?? seems to be the people who are bashing her are the ones who need to be bashed..

Honestly, if they're on duty, then their babies shouldn't even be present. If they're off duty, they shouldn't be wearing their uniforms.

When I was a drilling reservist, there were no babies or children allowed at our drill sites. No grown up civilian visitors either, for that matter.

When I was on active duty, I was nursing my baby--at home. When I was at work, I was at work, in uniform with no babies or children around. When I was at home, I was at home, in civilian clothing.

When you're on duty, you have to be in proper uniform of the day. That means, your uniform has to be complete, and worn in the proper manner. That is, shirts are tucked in and buttoned. If you're outdoors or on a ship, your head has to be covered with a uniform hat. Shoes/boots have to be laced and tied, belts buckled and lined up, jackets zipped, etc. These women are out of uniform. If they want to nurse, that's fine. Go home during your lunch break, if you have time, and feed the babies there. BTW, I say that to the moms who feed with bottles, too. A military work place is no place for a baby. If you're in your own home, you do what you want.

Last edited:
ahhhhhhhh gun in one hand baby feeding in the other,what a picture

Not going to tell other people how to raise their kids. Also, I am not concerned with what other women are doing with their private places. I focus on my girlfriend and what we do with our bodies.

Wirelessly posted

Way to go. Supply and demand. Babies hungry, momma feeds. :)

not private if activly serving soldier(your tax dollors),if she taking time out of army to do this then different.i don't know this story only going by title of thread but got picture in my mind of her in uniform feeding baby...her body but doing stuff soldiers do is hard work if she dropping with exshustion dehydration then i not want be her soldier buddy in war arena....just sometimes common sense good idea

nyan-cat-gif-5918.gif

not private if activly serving soldier(your tax dollors),if she taking time out of army to do this then different.i don't know this story only going by title of thread but got picture in my mind of her in uniform feeding baby...her body but doing stuff soldiers do is hard work if she dropping with exshustion dehydration then i not want be her soldier buddy in war arena....just sometimes common sense good idea

Uh... yeah, best you look at the picture. She's not in a combat zone doing this.

MOM: Good boy! You're hungry today.
FTL: Contact!
MOM: Okay sweetheart, momma has to go to work for a sec, I'll be right back... LIGHT 'EM UP! *bang bang bang*

EDIT: And here's the baby: pic

they had reason to fire her from her job.. she clocked in, then left to do this photo shoot, and lied to them when they asked her why she didn't get her job done.

Good!

"Crystal Scott was terminated by the company on June 1st for various legitimate employment-related reasons," he wrote in the statement. "Amongst other things, on the day prior to her termination, Ms. Scott had clocked in to the company’s timekeeping system and had been assigned time-sensitive tasks that were wholly ignored. Thereafter, Ms. Scott ignored the company’s repeated attempts to contact her to inquire as to her whereabouts and status of her job assignments. When the company finally did get a hold of Ms. Scott, she informed them that she was sick and would not be working. Based on company records – including GPS data from a company van that had been assigned to her – Ms. Scott was actually at a local media outlet conducting personal business, on company time, using company equipment as transportation."

"Schryver Medical can certainly understand the excitement Ms. Scott experienced in being courted by the media, both on a personal level and as a means to effectively promote her cause," he continued. "That said, those circumstances simply do not excuse her from violating the reasonable expectations of her employer." He said that Scott had been informed of her infractions "in detail, in writing," and "at no time did Schryver Medical tell Crystal Scott that she was terminated due to any 'media attention,' as that contention is simply not true."

There is nothing wrong with military mom giving breastfeeding as long as they're not on active duty. That's simple. Breastfeeding is beautiful, but it can distract or jeopardy their military duties, even putting their lives on line.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Air Force takes action too. Termination from a civilian job for lying is something they frown upon.

I am totally in favor of breastfeeding.
Have no problem with breastfeeding in public.
Extended breastfeeding is awesome (the longest I was able to nurse was two years with one of mine, but the rest were breastfed until at least one).

But not in military uniform, at least in public. If you're in uniform and with your baby and the baby needs to eat, you find somewhere private- not on camera with your uniform in disarray.

Back