Michelle Obama knows ASL!

So aside from protecting our children's little precious eyes from Cosmo and Vogue at the check out stand, we now need to watch out for Reader's Digest?

That's because you are a NICE person.

He would do some very, mean, hateful tricks to me. Whistle loudly into my hearing aid, talk to me without voicing for the joy of the hearies joking, stand behind me and say mean things or do mean things....I would always ignore him until one fateful day when he asked......

I like the way you operate! Wait for the opportunity and then BAM!:lol:

Yes, this is a good idea. I will walk up to the White House, knock on the door, and yell out:

THE FIRST LADY IS SIGNING THE WORD FOR "VAGINA" JUST THOUGHT YOU'D LIKE TO KNOW!

(TWA scampers off chased by Secret Service and NSA agents.)

Let us know how that works out for you.:lol:

Yes, this is a good idea. I will walk up to the White House, knock on the door, and yell out:

THE FIRST LADY IS SIGNING THE WORD FOR "VAGINA" JUST THOUGHT YOU'D LIKE TO KNOW!

(TWA scampers off chased by Secret Service and NSA agents.)

I fricking dare you. :D

We're sorry, but TWA cannot respond to your posts. Thank you for understanding.

Sincerely,

United State Secret Service

I bet the First Lady would be embarrassed if she knew. :giggle:

Does anyone else think that is just a strange photo to have on a magazine cover? I would bet that the photographer shot tens of photos of Ms. Obama if not hundreds. Leaving ASL out of it, that is an unusual way to hold ones' hands for a formal photo. I do find it puzzling. :hmm:

Just so you know, concerned citizens are encouraged to contact the White House on issues that are of interest.

Information on how to do so is here:

Submit Questions & Comments | The White House

and you can e-mail the First Lady here:

first.lady@whitehouse.gov

While it is unlikely that the President or First Lady will see your individual piece of mail, there is a communications unit that reads everything that comes in. If a lot of ASL-knowledgeable folks point out Michelle Obama's inadvertent signing, believe me, she will eventually learn about it (I'd guess she may have gotten the news already, actually.)

Does she need to apologize, or are certain things just better left alone??

Just so you know, concerned citizens are encouraged to contact the White House on issues that are of interest.

While it is unlikely that the President or First Lady will see your individual piece of mail, there is a communications unit that reads everything that comes in. If a lot of ASL-knowledgeable folks point out Michelle Obama's inadvertent signing, believe me, she will eventually learn about it (I'd guess she may have gotten the news already, actually.)

Well, if we are going to be serious about this for a moment (I admit its hard :) ), I'm not sure that Ms. Obama is signing 'vagina', although it looks close.

Per two dictionaries I looked at, the sign is made with two L fingers -- the middle through little fingers are NOT interlaced. Here's one of the dictionaries I looked at:

http://www.aslpro.com/cgi-bin/aslpro/aslpro.cgi

The other one was the Random House ASL Dictionary edited by Elaine Costello in 1994.

So, it may just be a picture of an important public figure holding her hands in an unusual and I would say even an odd way. And I do find that puzzling. I would have thought that an editor at Reader's Digest would have forced a different photo to be selected or that one of the people on the First Lady's PR team would have said something during the photo shoot. :shrug:

Well, if we are going to be serious about this for a moment (I admit its hard :) ), I'm not sure that Ms. Obama is signing 'vagina', although it looks close.

Per two dictionaries I looked at, the sign is made with two L fingers -- the middle through little fingers are NOT interlaced. Here's one of the dictionaries I looked at:

http://www.aslpro.com/cgi-bin/aslpro/aslpro.cgi

The other one was the Random House ASL Dictionary edited by Elaine Costello in 1994.

So, it may just be a picture of an important public figure holding her hands in an unusual and I would say even an odd way. And I do find that puzzling. I would have thought that an editor at Reader's Digest would have forced a different photo to be selected or that one of the people on the First Lady's PR team would have said something during the photo shoot. :shrug:

Right. I don't think anyone was terribly serious about anything posted in this thread.:roll:

TWA...since you are a writer, get busy!

Back