Meow?

jinxedkitten

Reaction score
What would you do if you disliked cats but your girl/boyfriend owned a feline pet, would you make the person get rid of it (upon moving in) or grin and bear it?

If I felt strongly I would give the person the choice. Get rid of pet or live separately.

In passing though, in spite of severe allergies, I kept a reject cat of my daughter until he just died a little while ago of old age in his sleep.

I think I am trying to say, this situation depends on how much you love the other person and are willing to sacrifice for them.

What would you do if you disliked cats but your girl/boyfriend owned a feline pet, would you make the person get rid of it (upon moving in) or grin and bear it?

nope. they have no place in telling others in what to do especially if they're not married together. I have a very strong feeling about this. That's one of reasons why I broke up with my ex because she didn't like it when I spend too much time on motorcycling.

There's no sense in being together with a person who does not like what you like. that's really not healthy for long-term relationship. in gf-bf relationship, they come and go. your cat/dog/pet doesn't. they're with you forever.

I'd tell gf to either leave or stfu. :)

I think Jiro said it all.

First of all, if you first meet someone else and ask if they like cat? If they say no. I would stop right there not to get to know someone else better because there is no joy sharing with someone else who loves cat as I do.

nope. they have no place in telling others in what to do especially if they're not married together. I have a very strong feeling about this. That's one of reasons why I broke up with my ex because she didn't like it when I spend too much time on motorcycling.

There's no sense in being together with a person who does not like what you like. that's really not healthy for long-term relationship. in gf-bf relationship, they come and go. your cat/dog/pet doesn't. they're with you forever.

I'd tell gf to either leave or stfu. :)

yea true i agree! amen!

Most cat lovers would send the significant other away and keep the cats. I use plural because cat lovers can't stop at one.

I Don't think there's a clear cut answer to the question. I think it really depends on the situation. In most cases, I would say tough noogies to the person moving in. But, say the people have been dating since before the cat came into the picture, or the person moving in had a serious allergy to cat dander--that would change things and give the person moving in more clout. If the person moving in just simply does not like cats, that's not a good reason, but if allergies were involved, it would make a difference.

I dislike cats. Once I find out the person owns a cat, I check the cat out. If I dislike the said cat, I never let the relationship develop.

... Why would I want to give up my pets?

There's 6 billion people in the world. A pet will always be with you, regardless of life events.

I am reporting you to the authorities for child abuse.

;)

And yes, you walked into that joke since you got a son.

I was going to make an exception to my previous post but was too lazy.

You keep me on my toes young'un!

Uh oh! how come you dislike cats? :cry:
I just don't like cats. Their "on alert" 24/7 bothers me. I'm very very laid back and things (including humans) that are worrisome, plain stupid, etc just bothers the shit outta me.
Also not to mention, while they appear clean, they are actually messy.

I just don't like cats. Their "on alert" 24/7 bothers me. I'm very very laid back and things (including humans) that are worrisome, plain stupid, etc just bothers the shit outta me.
Also not to mention, while they appear clean, they are actually messy.

Now i got the picture who you are. :giggle: that is alright. that is who you are. How about Dog?

I think cats are adorable!

I will tell him to go fucking himself if they don't like my three cats. I would never rid of my cats because of him.

Back