Mental issue due to play GTA game?

Evo Dragon

Reaction score
Gamer <---- link website address

MISSION VIEJO, CA -- To video game aficionados, Tuesday morning's deadly carjacking rampage was eerily familiar.

A man shoots a woman several times in his home in the early morning hours and flees the scene in an SUV. After his tire goes flat in a parking lot, he exits with a shotgun.

Seeing the threat, another driver guns it, gets shot in the head, but still manages to drive away.

The shooter runs to a nearby gas station and steals a pickup. He takes the truck onto the freeway, blasting three vehicles with his gun before crashing on an off-ramp.

Finding an elderly man inside a luxury car, the shooter forces him from the vehicle at gunpoint, then shoots him three times.

The killer steals the luxury car, drives to another parking lot, fatally shoots another man in the head, then steals his car and heads back to the freeway.

The police alert is high. Once authorities close in, the killer shoots himself in the head.

Game over.

All of these events, which took place Tuesday morning in Orange County, can also happen in the open-world video game Grand Theft Auto.

I heard a foreign news from New Zealand about GTA games has been banned.

New Zealand? GTA IV is legal in this country, but I think you are talking about GTA San Andreas.

We really need to do something about this here. We have an entire generation being detached from reality.

Well, I'm not worried because legislators obviously unable to ban on GTA game and banning on GTA game isn't going happen.

GTA V will release later this year.

Yep...and that's a fact.

We need a nationwide campaign to educate people on the dangers of these game. Too many people just do not understand the devastating effects these games are having. And it is not just about the violence. It is so sad.

No, I don't support nationwide campaign that misled about danger of games and that's one of most ridiculous idea.

The games are not dangerous, period.

That's talk, talk, talk, talk... Not going be happen, though.

No, I don't support nationwide campaign that misled about danger of games and that's one of most ridiculous idea.

The games are not dangerous, period.

That's talk, talk, talk, talk... Not going be happen, though.

I didn't suggest anyone be "misled." I would only support an honest dialogue. But I disagree with your assessment of video games. It is quite apparent that violent video games are dangerous to our society and our culture. Video games are also degrading to women and I have a big issue with that.

They can make the violent reality games with a higher purchase age, like 24-25+ where people are more mature but... I get a feeling many kids who want games just ask their clueless parents and they buy it for them, which circumvents the issue entirely. Some younger kids just pirate games because their parents don't buy it for them or they can't afford it. If GTA gets banned, I'm absolutely positive it'll create a collateral for more people to start pirating it.

They can make the violent reality games with a higher purchase age, like 24-25+ where people are more mature but... I get a feeling many kids who want games just ask their clueless parents and they buy it for them, which circumvents the issue entirely. Some younger kids just pirate games because their parents don't buy it for them or they can't afford it. If GTA gets banned, I'm absolutely positive it'll create a collateral for more people to start pirating it.

Sad but true.

I didn't suggest anyone be "misled." I would only support an honest dialogue. But I disagree with your assessment of video games. It is quite apparent that violent video games are dangerous to our society and our culture. Video games are also degrading to women and I have a big issue with that.

I disagree with your statement on violent games. The game developers and game publishers worked hard to develop the rating system that ensure parent to be informed about how violent is game, also ESRB restructured the rating to make more visible. Many retail stores already banned to sell the mature games to under 17 years old. ESRB is one of most effective rating system, far better than MPAA rating (film).

The problem is poor treatment/lack of access for mental illness and some people with mental illness don't understand about how real is films/games. Other problem about some parents are unable to read due to poor education during their childhood in many years ago, more than 30 years ago before more states make graduation exam as mandatory to receive the HS degree. There is plenty of education about video games in many stores and Gamestop employees know about whichever games are violent or not.

I gave much information about video game in other thread but you chose to ignore me and continue with your ridiculous agenda that have absolutely no chance to passing from legislature - good luck to you.

That will not work because of possibly increasing of black market to sell games. I'm not interested to have more jobs from government to enforce the useless law that we have done to drugs for many years. The adult age in most states are 18 and many violent games are reserved to 17 years old "Mature 17+". You made a good point about piracy and that's not good for game developers.

I'm going to become an activist to protect the game developers' interest from ridiculous agenda like I did to GLBT rights for many years. I pointed out about mental illness and reading issue are serious matter that need to be fixed - see my reply above.

Bold font-- I have to agree with this statement. While it is nice to see only few fresh from new games whose don't degrade women, I'm so tired of seeing female characters are being devalued and sexualized. Which is why I don't play video games very much, and I'm pretty very picky about it. I prefer FB games to those vidoe games, anyway.

- TellTales Game: The Walking Dead
- Uncharted
- The Sims
- A few another games that I can't think of what else

Those are only great games that I know so far... Well, still, it does bother me that they are pretty insensetive to volience but they easily get offended by sexual themes, nudity, extreme vulgar languages, and so on. So...I never understand why they have no problem with a man having his skull brutally blown off form a shotgun, but a couple of f-bombs are where you draw the line?

Good riddance...

Bold font-- I have to agree with this statement. While it is nice to see only few fresh from new games whose don't degrade women, I'm so tired of seeing female characters are being devalued and sexualized. Which is why I don't play video games very much, and I'm pretty very picky about it. I prefer FB games to those vidoe games, anyway.

- TellTales Game: The Walking Dead
- Uncharted
- The Sims
- A few another games that I can't think of what else

Those are only great games that I know so far... Well, still, it does bother me that they are pretty insensetive to volience but they easily get offended by sexual themes, nudity, extreme vulgar languages, and so on. So...I never understand why they have no problem with a man having his skull brutally blown off form a shotgun, but a couple of f-bombs are where you draw the line?

Good riddance...

Try Tales series - Tales of Graces and Tales of Vesperia because they don't degrade the women.

Try Tales series - Tales of Graces and Tales of Vesperia because they don't degrade the women.

Wow. That's so rare to see a game has something like that. You know how Japan Company is... :P But, sorry to say, I am kinda of bored with anime stuff now. :[

tumblr_mi4xe0lLSX1s2kt88o1_500.png

Wow. That's so rare to see a game has something like that. You know how Japan Company is... :P But, sorry to say, I am kinda of bored with anime stuff now. :[

Yes, also other one - Ni No Kuni and LittleBigPlanet.

Many non-violent games like GT 5 don't degrade on women.

Sighs. Whatever you said.

The violent games are on market because many customers (gamers) want, including me.

Some children games have violence - more fantasy and cartoon. Without violence, what is point of video game, so I think you get it.

Back