Men's Colognes

madmax64

Reaction score
I'm a guy and I use Calvin Klevin cologne...but the problem is that the "smell" fades away in about an hour. Isn't there any better cologne that'll last all day?

Women's perfumes usually last nearly all day (Real parfume/perfumes are usually cost more than eau de toiletee). Why can't the company make special perfumes for men only?

Just wondering. -madmax

:lol: Good question, I'm wondering the same thing even though I'm a woman, I just love to smell men's cologne but the smell don't last long :(

I'll keep an eye on this thread to see if others replied, so that will give me some ideas of what kind of cologne I should buy my honeybunny for Christmas... :fingersx:

I love to smell Cool Water by Davidoff on my man.

I don't know why the smell of men's colognes don't last long like women's perfumes do. I guess the perfume companies want to keep women to smell sweet all day :D

oh come on!

you stop smelling it becouse it is on you! the same way you do not notice your toxic smell after a football game,others will smell it!

my bf use umm called is Force something...it does last....cuz i keep on sniff him all day lol make me love him more and more *chuckles*

Colognes and perfumes are misillusions to attract a wrong mate because you were emitting wrong kinds of pheromones which brings you unsuitable match than you would if you use your own natural pheromones.

Down with colognes and perfumes! You don't love a person because they smell good with their fake scents on... it is a trap!

perfume.gif

INCLUDED JERKS, ASSHOLES, AND DUMBASSES!

:thumb:

[Edited: I don't appreciate the picture to say "fatty" but the point I am trying to convey that the perfume will attract ANY man. :) Don't misunderstand my intention]

I don't think that it fades away. I think all colognes will react with your skin and the "chemicals" inside your body. I have some colognes which I think smells wonderful, but only lasts for an hour or so, but I have 2 or 3 colognes that last all day long because it "matches" with my body chemistry. For the colognes that do not last long, I tend to spray it on my cloth instead of my skin, so that way it would last longer.

Gnarlydorkette, are you saying that you don't use ANY perfumes at all, nor any body sprays nor splashes? What if your husband bought you one?

I love JOOP!!! my bf always wear that. It make me crazy and attracts me urghh.. It mostly last half of day.

SherryCherish said:
I love JOOP!!! my bf always wear that. It make me crazy and attracts me urghh.. It mostly last half of day.
Yea I like Joop too. Woof Woof :D

I was told that fresh armpit sweat smell would do more wonders to catch yourself a gal than these man made connoctions they sell in tiny fancy bottles.

Richard

gnarlydorkette said:
Colognes and perfumes are misillusions to attract a wrong mate because you were emitting wrong kinds of pheromones which brings you unsuitable match than you would if you use your own natural pheromones.

Down with colognes and perfumes! You don't love a person because they smell good with their fake scents on... it is a trap!

perfume.gif

INCLUDED JERKS, ASSHOLES, AND DUMBASSES!

:thumb:

[Edited: I don't appreciate the picture to say "fatty" but the point I am trying to convey that the perfume will attract ANY man. :) Don't misunderstand my intention]

ohh i dont love him cuz of his perfume pfffttttyyyy

kuifje75 said:
Gnarlydorkette, are you saying that you don't use ANY perfumes at all, nor any body sprays nor splashes? What if your husband bought you one?

I didn't say I NEVER use any perfume/bodymist/musk-- I was a victim of consumer culture. I used to use vanilla-scented body mist... WAY back in my high school days. I don't like musk or floral/tropical scents (omg, don't you hate it when you walk by the popularest girl and you smell her floral/passionfruit/whatever-that-shit-was mist?? It always made me :barf: because HOW could guys like that smell??). I never come across a good perfume (and growing up in a household with a mother allergic to perfumes helps too) so I naturally reject the notion of using perfume since I smell fine in the first place anyway! ;)

I doubt he would buy any perfume for me-- he knows me too good. ;) When I first met him, he was using this colonge... um, I cannot remember the brand... "Nantuincal" (?) and it turned me off because it smells "macho" and too strong but he said he only used a drop. Now it is sitting on a shelf and collecting dust. :) Any of you want it? Yoo-hoo...!

Although, I wouldn't deny that I like some "scented" products... Especially the deodorant. Deodorant is one product that I break my principal for. I am fond of this men's deodorant, "Old".. Mist? Old... something. A red deodrant with a logo of a sailboat-- that brings me a lot of memories with my Dad so sometime my husband will use it so I will sniff him. It is the memories that push me to like this scent-- I don't LOVE this scent but I like just for my olfactory bulb's sake! It is interesting how your memories override your perferences in determining your fondness level.

Do any of you LOVE Tom's of Maine??? I *love* their Calendula-scented deodorant. I just found their website so I definitely will order that scent since it is no longer sold at local stores. Natural scents just rub me in right way... ;) Sandalwood and pine, Mmmm!

gnarlydorkette said:
Now it is sitting on a shelf and collecting dust. :) Any of you want it? Yoo-hoo...!

Although, I wouldn't deny that I like some "scented" products... Especially the deodorant. Deodorant is one product that I break my principal for. I am fond of this men's deodorant, "Old".. Mist? Old... something. A red deodrant with a logo of a sailboat-- that brings me a lot of memories with my Dad so sometime my husband will use it so I will sniff him. It is the memories that push me to like this scent-- I don't LOVE this scent but I like just for my olfactory bulb's sake! It is interesting how your memories override your perferences in determining your fondness level.

LOL about collecting dust hahaaha :)

I think you were referring to the "Old Spice"... reminded me
of my own Dad, too...

I'd rather my hubby use "AXE" body spray.. than colognes!
I can smell him distance away from his body.. STILL STRONG and NICE odors so awe...
Lovely AXE..

Patty said she admits that she does enjoy the scene of my B.O. in my armpit (sniff sniff) oh boy, smelling like... sauteed onions, no wonder Patty really do love onions. :whistle:

Personally, I don't wear colognes. Nor do I find perfumes on women to be quite attractive at all with a rare and occasionally exception. Not only to mention that some people are allergic to them and I wouldn't want to bother them with that.

Floral perfumes... hate them to death. I don't know why women use them at all. Especially old ladies, they put a ounce of it on themselves and makes me gag to death.

Really, it's just a stupid commercialized gimmick and a waste of money. All I do to make myself smell a bit nice is by wearing an Old Spice deodorant.

:shock: O.K! That's it.. that's the veddy veddy last chance I will allow Chris to use Mommy's computer! I'm definitely going to put a password! See what I put up with?! (I still love him no matter what!)

perfume.gif

But, but, but.. I have that perfume and no one ever calls me "Fatty!" :nana: Joking aside, gnarly.. there are people that do like perfume/cologne and there are people that do not. I respect their preferences and nowadays there are certain buildings like hospitals, schools and daycares that you cannot wear scents.

I have 2 or 3 colognes that last all day long because it "matches" with my body chemistry.

Ohhhh Kootchie, you have that wonderful cologne that I love so much!!

As of now, Chris and I love Antonio Banderas' line of cologne for both men and women. :: swoons ::

Sorry if this is a bit off-topic, but....

why do some women's perfume/cologne are so tiny, yet soooo expensive?? Hopefully anyone can answer that one for me! :)

I always wondered about that too, dear. Apparently if they have the money, they can buy it but deep down inside, are they happy? Or is it because they think the "tiny and sooo expensive" perfume makes them feel purty? Between you and me, some of them stink so bad like weed fertilizer!! :aw:

Nancy said:
Sorry if this is a bit off-topic, but....

why do some women's perfume/cologne are so tiny, yet soooo expensive?? Hopefully anyone can answer that one for me! :)

Back