Menieres

I was diagnosed in 1990 I think... Close to then anyway. I took dyazide and Antivert. I don't take anything now. They surgerys cured most of the vertigo.

Im not sure about everyone else Travis but I was diagnosed in 2008.

sorry hear you happened! you have weak ,many people have problem issues suffer pain your! It is difficult not enough strong! I don't understand on meginse I research more deep!

How have you been feeling, CBE? Hope better these days!

Thanks Alley, I have been better, it was bad for a week there, seriously wanted to beat my head into the wall. But what can ya do? I get the vertigo daily, tinnitus 24/7... Its just something I live with now... I just keep in the back of my mind it can be worse... :)

Daily?!! Wow, I had no idea it can get that bad. Is there anything the doctors can do for it? :( glad you're doing better, as can be expected.

Thanks Alley, I have been better, it was bad for a week there, seriously wanted to beat my head into the wall. But what can ya do? I get the vertigo daily, tinnitus 24/7... Its just something I live with now... I just keep in the back of my mind it can be worse... :)

I think exercise can go a long way to helping it. I'd get into something like Beach Body or Body for Life. Healthy living can help the immune system. In the beginning it will be hard, but I think a lot of the symptoms will subside.

Yeah it has been better since I started a work out plan a couple months ago... Also, gent injections may be in the future.

My doctors thought I had bilateral Meniere's (and a really severe case of it too) and diagnosed me as such when I was 4 years old. Then when I was 23 years old I got a cat scan or MRI of my ears, not sure which one, but they found a birth defect in both of my middle ears - apparently, all this time I really had "Large Vestibular Aqueduct Syndrome" as a result of those birth defects - however, it didn't make much of a difference in my life other than changing the name of "what I have" and having actual physical proof of having it. The symptoms and difficulties are exactly the same between LVAS and Meniere's. Frustrating, either way.

Lily that must be frustrating, Im surprised they didnt do the MRIs and tests before hand when you were younger? They did all that stuff with me also to rule out brain tumors etc... Hope you are alright :(

I was diagnosed about 1998. I had an MRI to rule out tumors also. The last week and a half I have had 8 attacks, but I wish the damn ringing would go away!

I do not have Menieres but i have WTF (who knows?)...*L* it mimics Menieres a lot and I have a lot of the same issues.. dizziness to the point of throwing up, balance off... hearing loss.. ringing in my ears..

my doctor has me on valium and Dyazide, but truthfuly it doesn't seem to be donig the job.

My veritgo has gotten worse in the past few weeks, I have been missing work because of it. I spend days in bed and am so sick to my stomach I can not eat sometimes.. not to mention deal with my children.

The doctor recently recommended Phyiscal therapy saying it helps some of his pacients with dizziness? anyone try that?

I do not have Menieres but i have WTF (who knows?)...*L* it mimics Menieres a lot and I have a lot of the same issues.. dizziness to the point of throwing up, balance off... hearing loss.. ringing in my ears..

my doctor has me on valium and Dyazide, but truthfuly it doesn't seem to be donig the job.

My veritgo has gotten worse in the past few weeks, I have been missing work because of it. I spend days in bed and am so sick to my stomach I can not eat sometimes.. not to mention deal with my children.

The doctor recently recommended Phyiscal therapy saying it helps some of his pacients with dizziness? anyone try that?

I think "candy" is doing that. I know I have less issues now that I am exercising. One thing about exercise; there are no bad side effects.

Yes, I have been exercising and doing PT at the university. It seems to lessen my symptoms. Also changing your diet. I have been eating healthy and cutting sodium a lot. dotcomkari, if you do not have menieres I am kind of wondering why they would have you on Dyazide??? hmmm... I feel awful for you! I would try the exercise and maybe limit your salt intake anyways. But if you are saying the meds do not help I am not sure what is wrong? Did they do an MRI???

They are trying everything and anything right now. I have had MRI s...actually more then one...and nothing... We are trying physical therapy now to help with some vertigo seeing if it will work some..I have my fingers crossed.

I am on a low caffeine...no salt...low msg diet...and sadly watching my chocolate intake ...

I never have that one. But when I got my stomach issue last month, I had to cut down some food I don't need to eat (no, not junk food) and do some exercising. I drink Breakfast for everyday, and I reduce some of coffee. I eat some healthy food and fruits, especially my new favorite, sliced apples with a peanut butter.

It kinda of suck but it is better than to deal with more issues for me in future. :)

ughh, another night of the spins, thank god I finished computer work and homework.... hope I can fall asleep quickly :(

I been battling the stomach flu the last day and a half now, and now a spill of HORRIBLE vertigio on top of it. I already called in work yesterday so I can not today.. :( please pray it goes away.

Alright... joining the thread now as I got my diagnosis today. My doctor got me on betaserc and triamterene... Any known side effects? Anything I should watch for?

Hi there,
I came across this site the other day when I was searching for any new developments with the dreaded Meniere's disease! I was diagnosed with it in 2005 and had loads of trouble with spinning, dizziness, nausea, balance and tinnitus. I eventually had the vestibular nerve section of the left ear in 2008 and once I'd got used to walking again I had a relatively spin free period until this last September '11. Now the right ear is showing signs of the Meniere's and I've just seen the consultant and will be having MRI and balance tests in the New Year. I've noticed on a number of occasions over the years that in the USA doctors quite often prescribe Ativan and Valium. These are quite strong drugs and they definitely don't encourage the use of them here in the UK. I was also diagnosed with migraine associated vertigo. The medication I've had over the years is as follows: Propranalol, Prochlorperazine, Cinarizine, Betahistine and I'm allowed two Zopiclone sleeping tablets a week to get at least two good nights sleep.

The consultant, Professor Shakeel Saeed, has suggested having sac decompression surgery on right side as to have VNS on both sides leaves very little balance. Worth a try first anyway.

Well, may I wish all of you where ever are a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year.

Back