meniere's disease

Reaction score
Hello everyone ,
Can someone get meniere's disease without getting dizzy or getting vertigo ? My doctor added it as an possiblity for my bilateral hearing loss , but I don't feel dizzy at all , I don't have major balance problems ,but what I do have is a split second feeling of an explosion on my head with a loud bang does anyone else get that ? , no one was able to know what it is , neuro doctor said it's probably stress induced
Is meniere's disease still a possibility even if I don't get vertigo?

the inner ear has two major components : the cochleae (hearing apparatus) and the semi-lunar canals ( balance apparatus)
usually Meniere's disease affects both, but it can sometimes affect one or the other causing either hearing difficulties without vertigo or vertigo without hearing difficulties

Have you looked up exploding head syndrome or exposive tinnitus? It could that you are experiencing.

I have that. It used to be quite shocking before I knew what it was. It was particularly worrying what when it would jolt me wake in the middle of the night thinking a tree fell in the house. Often if there was a storm or blizzard going on it seem plausible. Inspection though showed nothing had happened.

It was only after joining here and reading people taking about their tinnitus that I realized it might be all in my head. The next time it happened rather that check for damage I looked at the dogs. My guard dogs that would have been up in an instant if something hit the house were all happily snoozing. Yep no one else is reacting because no one else can hear it. Didn't bother me so much after I figure out that's all it was.

Info on it says it occurs during the transition find wake to sleep or vice versa. Can happen during the day for me though yet those does seem to be as loud or startling.

Have you looked up exploding head syndrome or exposive tinnitus? It could that you are experiencing.

I have that. It used to be quite shocking before I knew what it was. It was particularly worrying what when it would jolt me wake in the middle of the night thinking a tree fell in the house. Often if there was a storm or blizzard going on it seem plausible. Inspection though showed nothing had happened.

It was only after joining here and reading people taking about their tinnitus that I realized it might be all in my head. The next time it happened rather that check for damage I looked at the dogs. My guard dogs that would have been up in an instant if something hit the house were all happily snoozing. Yep no one else is reacting because no one else can hear it. Didn't bother me so much after I figure out that's all it was.

Info on it says it occurs during the transition find wake to sleep or vice versa. Can happen during the day for me though yet those does seem to be as loud or startling.
Yes that's exactly what I have , I did find exploding head syndrome in Google a while back , it does come to me mid day too as well and for some reason it seems to associate with stress/anger ‍♀️
Never met Anyone who had it before

Yes that's exactly what I have , I did find exploding head syndrome in Google a while back , it does come to me mid day too as well and for some reason it seems to associate with stress/anger ‍♀️
Never met Anyone who had it before
The explosive type doesn't happen often. I do have the more common types 24/7 at varying levels of intensity from super loud to quiet but never gone. Except for this one that can wake me up, I don't find the tinnitus disturbing like many people do. It can be relaxing to just with my eyes closed and listen to it. It constantly changes every few seconds or so in volume and tones or cords or melody.

I carry a little tinnitus, I blame that on live fire artillery and old fashioned trucking pre computer time. The exploding version only happened twice and both times required a very strong medical examination of the ear system all the way through. I don't need to be dealing with bombs when rolling 40 ton. It can lead to something bad. They associated that with mountain driving and a form of infection that somehow got into the fluids. I have not had too much trouble with that since.

Fast forward to today. I go through a round of physical therapy to fight problems in the spine that is taking away some aspects of motion and balance information back to the brain. I have become a fall risk due to that. They may try to take some of the bones off those particular nerves so that the brain can calm down and I can walk on top of a fence again like a cat does. We are working on it rather fast. Its not menires though. Its one of the things they check for. They have new MRI and digital Xrays as of last year. I am in possession of scans that revealed all of my nerves in the lower spine. There is another scan for the Middle Back soon. They are following up with very great and powerful details so that when they do find the exact problem it will be easy to fix it.

One thing I do use is B-Complex which is a group of Vitamin B related minerals one daily. It gets into the nerves and provide them with what they need to function well. I find that when I am on it my days are a little better as the nervous system functions at a better life. We have already proved with recent blood tests that I lose too much Vitamin B, partly through my very basic diet and partly through the medicines I use. On bad days the body does not function very well. Similar to a tinman without oil in Wizard of Oz and the balance situation in ears are pretty bad then too.

Good luck!

Hello everyone ,
Can someone get meniere's disease without getting dizzy or getting vertigo ? My doctor added it as an possiblity for my bilateral hearing loss , but I don't feel dizzy at all , I don't have major balance problems ,but what I do have is a split second feeling of an explosion on my head with a loud bang does anyone else get that ? , no one was able to know what it is , neuro doctor said it's probably stress induced
Is meniere's disease still a possibility even if I don't get vertigo?
i get imagery loud bangs

I carry a little tinnitus, I blame that on live fire artillery and old fashioned trucking pre computer time. The exploding version only happened twice and both times required a very strong medical examination of the ear system all the way through. I don't need to be dealing with bombs when rolling 40 ton. It can lead to something bad. They associated that with mountain driving and a form of infection that somehow got into the fluids. I have not had too much trouble with that since.

Fast forward to today. I go through a round of physical therapy to fight problems in the spine that is taking away some aspects of motion and balance information back to the brain. I have become a fall risk due to that. They may try to take some of the bones off those particular nerves so that the brain can calm down and I can walk on top of a fence again like a cat does. We are working on it rather fast. Its not menires though. Its one of the things they check for. They have new MRI and digital Xrays as of last year. I am in possession of scans that revealed all of my nerves in the lower spine. There is another scan for the Middle Back soon. They are following up with very great and powerful details so that when they do find the exact problem it will be easy to fix it.

One thing I do use is B-Complex which is a group of Vitamin B related minerals one daily. It gets into the nerves and provide them with what they need to function well. I find that when I am on it my days are a little better as the nervous system functions at a better life. We have already proved with recent blood tests that I lose too much Vitamin B, partly through my very basic diet and partly through the medicines I use. On bad days the body does not function very well. Similar to a tinman without oil in Wizard of Oz and the balance situation in ears are pretty bad then too.

Good luck!

Inkedimage[2305843009244877685]_LI[2305843009516305610].png
Have you checked for a malleus bone fracture?
Wireless Bone Conduction headphones are great, and a Woojer Strap works really well too. 40 hz is soothing for tinnitus.

https://hub420.shop/product-category/thc-flowers/
Good luck!

The inner ear is divided into two parts: the cochleae (hearing apparatus) and the semi-lunar canals ( balance apparatus)
Meniere's disease typically affects both, but it can occasionally affect only one, resulting in either hearing difficulties without vertigo or vertigo without hearing difficulties.

Last edited:
CBD oil is made from the hemp plant, or the cannabis plant, that primarily contains CBD. It typically contains no THC, but it may often contain other substances from the plant, including terpenes and some other cannabinoids.

CBD oil is made from the hemp plant, or the cannabis plant, that primarily contains CBD. It typically contains no THC, but it may often contain other substances from the plant, including terpenes and some other cannabinoids. It is still illegal in most countries and I don’t understand why. In fact, CBD oil helps with such mental deceases as anxiety, depression, bad sleeping quality, madness, etc. Here is an article https://bbgate.com/threads/syntheses-of-2c-phenylethylamines.1431/ Syntheses of 2C-B where you can read more about positive effects of CBD on people’s organism. I personally used it to improve my sleeping pattern because lately I had troubles with this one, and it helped pretty good!
cool

Back