Meetup#3 location poll

• Total voters

naisho

Forum Disorders M.D.,Ph.D
Reaction score
You can vote on more than one choice

Getting the ball rolling on this one. Choose locations for AD #3 meetup. I've only listed the major cities for now, if we all decide on one area we could eventually decide on another area closer if it works with everyone.

The date on the meetups is still flexible, I'm sure everyone would wish that all could attend. There is no timelimit that we must to meet by. (Other than being sometime this year or next year, realistically speaking)

We should be able to find that out once we determine a location and see when will be the best.

The poll has limited to 20 choices, so I tried my best with the major realistic cities people would probably go to based off a map and some places I knew by heart.

If some of the poll choices are too broad, post the specific location you are willing to go. I know someone will probably nitpick on my geography.. I'm rusty, let me go. :P

I picked 3 places for now, but I am still open to other areas as well. 1 out of the 3 I'd have to fly (or take a nice long road trip to), the others I can do in a short road trip weekend. If the one I'd have to fly to (Seattle, WA) is picked, I'd combine it with a long vacation and go up to BC/Vancouver on the ferry again. Yay !! :)

I found myself unable to vote for more than one location.

The Canadian voted.

Hope it's either in Seattle or along the east seaboard. Preferably the East Seaboard, then I would have an excuse to go on a road trip.

I am hoping some AD'ers would be in favour of the west side while I am in town, so you guys can see me again :lol:

When are you planning do that? If during winter, prefer stay on East side, if next summer, in West coast. We might go West next summer or winter...depend how things go first.

Alot of places listed there but only a few make sense for a large meet that everybody could attend. New York Philly and Baltimore/DC make sense because that is where many live.

Orlando/Tampa, Dallas, Chicago make sense because they have big airports and cheap lodging

Denver, LA and Phoenix same thing.

Northwest? Very expensive to fly there, that is the reason for the low NSAD turnout. Hotels are more expensive there too.

St Louis??? For those of us that value our lives.....not an option

Kansas???? Wheat.....more wheat

Tennesse??? Got Banjo?

Atlanta??? Got gun? Actually Atlanta could work....cheap and lots to do but spread out

Indiana??? Will they let us race at IMS?

Oklahoma??? Not alot to do there. Great hotel rates though.

Ohio??? Have you seen the women of Ohio??? :barf: Ohio is Indian for Ugly.

Iowa??? See Kansas change to corn.

Minnesota??? It could work....Real cheap flights sometimes. Good mall. Twins

New Mexico??? Hard to get to the fun places. 2-3 hr drive from airports.

Orlando and Chicago are probably the best options as far as affordability and things to do.

Sorry the west coast folks! ;)

I only can afford for the three locations. I like those because i can take amtrak and subway. :) no i did not vote NYC because NYC transportation is a little complciated. :o

Orlando would be fantastic and by far, safer than Miami.

I only can afford for the three locations. I like those because i can take amtrak and subway. :) no i did not vote NYC because NYC transportation is a little complciated. :o

Agree with you. Parking lots are costly, heavy traffic through tunnels and bridges, hotels are too expensive. no way for Madhattan

Like west coast for summer and east coast or midwest for spring or fall.

Alot of places listed there but only a few make sense for a large meet that everybody could attend.

I understand, the only reason why the less popular states and locations are listed are for other members to get a chance to vote on a location in their proximity at the very least, even if they could not attend other places.

Ah, I see the two majority votes on a couple of cities. That's good. Of course, I didn't vote NYC. NYC is just too overrated and yes FriskyFeline is right about transportation and other things are complicated in NYC.

Indiana??? Will they let us race at IMS?
We've been to the museum at the Speedway, and we took the tour ride around the track. The tour ride is muuuuuccccchhhh slower around the track than the races. :lol:

We've been to the museum at the Speedway, and we took the tour ride around the track. The tour ride is muuuuuccccchhhh slower around the track than the races. :lol:

LOL that would be fun.

And NYC's restaurants or bars are just too small for a large meet up.

Looks like DC is taking the lead.

And NYC's restaurants or bars are just too small for a large meet up.

Yes, I remember that we took AllDeaf meet party for JClarke last January and Bistano's Restaurant and Arctica Bar were too small.

Back