Meetup#3 location poll

• Total voters
prefer Chicago.

I, like some others here, am unable to travel. Money isn't there and then there's the family obligations.

Chicago is second lead on vote count now. I think that AD meet gathering should be on November 6 because reason of Deaf Nation expo event.

And NYC's restaurants or bars are just too small for a large meet up.

Yes, I remember that we took AllDeaf meet party for JClarke last January and Bistano's Restaurant and Arctica Bar were too small.

there are plenty of restaurants/bars that have bigger size but I did not expect the huge turnout. It was about 5 more people than I expected for restaurant and more than 8 for bars.

Chicago is second lead on vote count now. I think that AD meet gathering should be on November 6 because reason of Deaf Nation expo event.

Works for me....Blackhawks are in town that weekend too!!!!

Alldeaf #1 meet was done in NYC. East.

Alldeaf #2 meet was done in Las Vegas. West.

Alldeaf #3 meet should be in the Midwest.

You have to remember that many deaf people can't make it that far to East or West, even many didn't go to Deafnation Expo in LV.

Alldeaf #1 meet was done in NYC. East.

Alldeaf #2 meet was done in Las Vegas. West.

Alldeaf #3 meet should be in the Midwest.

You have to remember that many deaf people can't make it that far to East or West, even many didn't go to Deafnation Expo in LV.

well - both #1 and #2 was "many" enough. Midwest? I dunno who would go that far but I would..... on bike :cool2:

oh - the poll doesn't have "Don't care" option.

Jiro, if you added up the poll numbers in the Midwest...it will be more than you would think. The poll thing should be thrown out and start an offical one with ONLY the major cities in Midwest, East and West or whatever. There's too many seperate polls and it's confusing. Let's try this again with an offical Alldeaf meet #3.

Jiro, if you added up the poll numbers in the Midwest...it will be more than you would think. The poll thing should be thrown out and start an offical one with ONLY the major cities in Midwest, East and West or whatever. There's too many seperate polls and it's confusing. Let's try this again with an offical Alldeaf meet #3.

sure there are bunch living in Midwest but will they go? can they afford to?

sure there are bunch living in Midwest but will they go? can they afford to?

Yeah, that's the question for West, East and Midwest people. No one can promise their future plans, of course.

Yeah, that's the question for West, East and Midwest people. No one can promise their future plans, of course.

however - based on AD Meet #1 and #2... majority of ADers are from East and West coast. They came.

but ADers from Midwest? just Daredevil. am I missing anybody else?

IMO - it is practical to have an AD meet in major city/metropolitan area because there are things to do for vacation and it's accessible. It costs money to travel and to stay at hotel so it is just not worth the cost to fly/drive down to area just for one AD meet and then go home next day.

I know nothing about Midwest and so do probably 60% of the population since the majority lives at the coastal area. We view Midwest as "it's in middle of nowhere and there's absolutely nothing to do in there."

If AD meet in Midwest is strongly wanted - please suggest us a location that meets the common criteria:
1. easily accessible via airport/train/bus/car. If it takes a few hours just to get around because everything is so widespread with corns/potato field all over.... we won't come (except me with hay in my mouth)
2. should have bunch of things to do for vacation like museums, historic places to see, restaurants, etc. because most of us are not willing to spend $$$$$$ just to come for AD meet and then go home next day (except me because I love my bike that much and it would be a honeymoon for us).
3. um...... what else? :dunno:

That's why Chicago is a good pick for one of the Midwest cities.

It has great public transit, the commuter rail runs almost 24 hours a day.

It has lot to do in the city.

It's one other well known major city.

Chicago is upper barely east coast, right on the edge of central.

I thought Midwest was going to mean somewhere like Wyoming, Utah or Colorado or somewhere there.

I thought Midwest was going to mean somewhere like Wyoming, Utah or Colorado or somewhere there.

Wrong! Midwest (midwestern states) means Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Ohio and Wisconsin.

Wyoming, Utah or Colorado are West (western states)

Chicago is considered midwest.....

lol same here. Google search showed that the pix below is what Midwest is as defined by US Census

284px-Map_of_USA_Midwest.svg.png

Back