Medical cannabis now legal?

Jezie

Reaction score
There was a Federal ban on these dispensaries; however, States that were allowing them were always worried about Fed officers raiding them. So the Feds just scuttled their ban......at least this is what I have read here and it said that they did it "quietly" so I'm sure we will be able to verify this soon if not right now....

Last edited:
There was a Federal ban on these dispensaries; however, States that were allowing them were always worried about Fed officers raiding them. So the Feds just scuttled their ban......at least this is what I have read here and it said that they did it "quietly" so I'm sure we will be able to verify this soon if not right now....

So just removing federal aspects of it but still up to the states?

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using AllDeaf App mobile app

In oregon and Washington pot is like 95% legal. You can still get fired at work if the drug test you if you company wants. But the growth and sales of pot will actually help oregon make money. It doesn't have to be medical here but the grows must have proper paperwork to grow and/or sale. We have tons of stores that sale pot and edibles. Do far no problems but who knows what is in the future

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AllDeaf App mobile app

So just removing federal aspects of it but still up to the states?

I believe you can still be arrested for transportation and possession under federal law.

"Since 1996, 23 states and Washington, DC have passed laws allowing smoked marijuana to be used for a variety of medical conditions. It is important to recognize that these state marijuana laws do not change the fact that using marijuana continues to be an offense under Federal law. Nor do these state laws change the criteria or process for FDA approval of safe and effective medications."

https://www.whitehouse.gov/ondcp/state-laws-related-to-marijuana

I believe you can still be arrested for transportation and possession under federal law.

"Since 1996, 23 states and Washington, DC have passed laws allowing smoked marijuana to be used for a variety of medical conditions. It is important to recognize that these state marijuana laws do not change the fact that using marijuana continues to be an offense under Federal law. Nor do these state laws change the criteria or process for FDA approval of safe and effective medications."

https://www.whitehouse.gov/ondcp/state-laws-related-to-marijuana

I am asking if something had changed ... I keep coming across things saying medical was legalized across the nation...

I live in Colorado where both medicinal and recreational pot is legal -- kind of. While the feds look the other way marijuana is still illegal as far as the government is concerned, and neighboring states are suing the feds for not enforcing the law. All sales have to be in cash. If you pay with a credit card it would make the bank an accomplice in a federal crime. The pot shops can't deposit money in a bank as that's money laundering. You can't advertise illegal substances so many shops are now in trouble with the feds for running local ads. Meanwhile the states salivate at the idea of taxing pot sales.

Now I'm all for it, and I hope these laws relax or go away over time, but if you think pot is legal wait till Chris Christie gets elected. Personally I think his views on pot will keep him from getting elected.

Signed, A child of the 60's.

Last week president Obama signed the budget plan which includes repeal medical cannabis prohibition. So, yes on federal level that ban has been lifted.

You can find out more at www.congress.gov and enter "Medical Marijuana" and you will see few that already became law. Now our respected veterans CAN get marijuana for their PTSD, about time!

Don't have to take my word, www.congress.gov is a government run website so the information is deemed reliable.

Recreational marijuana still illegal under federal law, but it will not last much longer as too many evidences proving how hypocrite former president Nixon was! One of huge evidence is since few states now legalize weeds, and there have been ZERO death ever recorded, this includes driving while high which proves little on how dangerous it is.

You can find out more at www.congress.gov and enter "Medical Marijuana" and you will see few that already became law. Now our respected veterans CAN get marijuana for their PTSD, about time!

Don't have to take my word, www.congress.gov is a government run website so the information is deemed reliable.

This is what I was wondering about when I posted but figured I was hitting all hot air and then this slipped my mind... Thanks for bringing it back up and will look at those sites.... It was a curiosity to me...
I doubt the vets with get the relief they need... The VA quite frankly and completely sucks... At least mine does... NV and CO were not much better... But of the three have to say NV got things done...

From what I have seen and heard on government level, I am super advocate for repeal Nixon stupid idea of Cannabis prohibition, and have been following closely, and I don't care if anyone of you think I am genuine pot head, that is to manage my pain and it WORKS! If we look at the history trend of how alcohol prohibition repeal process, it is a lot similar as whats happening with Cannabis so, fat chance it will also be repeal too.

The real problem is whats best way to repeal stupid prohibition, its not "when" anymore. That's due to the fact that too many people locked up for weeds and minding their own business. What makes it obviously is that if prohibition have been repeal, as this law WILL be retroactive as if prohibition never exist in the first place. we will have another legal issues on closing these cases where people locked up and how to release them,

From what I have seen and heard on government level, I am super advocate for repeal Nixon stupid idea of Cannabis prohibition, and have been following closely, and I don't care if anyone of you think I am genuine pot head, that is to manage my pain and it WORKS! If we look at the history trend of how alcohol prohibition repeal process, it is a lot similar as whats happening with Cannabis so, fat chance it will also be repeal too.

The real problem is whats best way to repeal stupid prohibition, its not "when" anymore. That's due to the fact that too many people locked up for weeds and minding their own business. What makes it obviously is that if prohibition have been repeal, as this law WILL be retroactive as if prohibition never exist in the first place. we will have another legal issues on closing these cases where people locked up and how to release them,

Sadly on this I am not to sure... History shows a good idea of what the future holds... But by going off this and looking at prohibition... Not many if any were released once prohibition ended...

not calfironia not passed yet.. but half of people probably are pothead and they have medical card so go figures.. I would got it but nah too much trouble for me I prefer wait till it is legally passed but i doubt till I am old lady in my 60's :roll:

as well Canada is possible wipe on legal or not allow wipe swipe on them destroy. I understood doctor whether license advise. it is very reason . must to license strictly it is very legal. government rid things destroy drugs.

Recreational marijuana still illegal under federal law, but it will not last much longer as too many evidences proving how hypocrite former president Nixon was! One of huge evidence is since few states now legalize weeds, and there have been ZERO death ever recorded, this includes driving while high which proves little on how dangerous it is.

Spoken like true patriot. :thumb:

Here in Australia, it's other way around. Medical Marijuana become legal under Federal national laws since February 2016 for whole Australia. My state (Western Australia) recently become legalized for medical use marijuana on 1st of November 2016. In Western Australia state, you do need doctor prescription for medical marijuana to pick it up at the Pharmacy. Other states (New South Wales and Victoria) is very limited who can get medical marijuana . But I would say it's a start.

Currently the Queensland State is going through the state government if they will pass it for medical use or not. I'm not sure about other states like South Australia, Tasmania state or ACT and Northern Territory.

On Dec 15 is will be legal to smoke pot in my state , Massachusetts . We'll be able to grow 6 plants too.

Back