MEDICAL ALERT the DEAF in an EMERGENCY

jzs52

Reaction score
MEDICAL ALERT for the DEAF -

ALL people - including hearing-impaired or totally deaf people - from time to time need emergency help. If you press a button on a medical alert, receive a response call from an EMT, and cannot hear the phone ring or the caller, many EMT's are trained to just hang up.

With Senior Safety Experts, this is NOT the case.

Our alert will contact a medically trained staff in a call center to either call loved ones or an ambulance - even if the person who pressed the alert button CANNOT talk to the calling responder to a button pressed.

I believe there are deaf men, women, and children who would potentially find this medical alert a valuable tool - potentially even a life-saver.

Respectfully,

Jeremy Steinberg
Senior Safety Experts
jeremy@seniorsafetyexperts.com
267-535-4071

I have a VCO TTY and get to the appropriate agency.
You didn't mention it above.
I just dial 711.

I have a VCO TTY and get to the appropriate agency.
You didn't mention it above.
I just dial 711.

Yeah..... I'm right there with this....

I don't need the medical alert thing the elderly wear around their neck....

711 is the Relay Service. To use it-one must have VCO TTY phone. One can speak and read what the other party is saying -thanks to the Relay operator.

aside: is 711 the number used everywhere? It is in Canada - where I live.

I have used my UltraTec1140 since January 1996,

Yeah..... I'm right there with this....

I don't need the medical alert thing the elderly wear around their neck....

I had clients that wore a lifeline around their neck all the time and when two of my clients did fall they just waited for someone to find them They did not want to want anyone! :roll: One client had a motion sensor in a doorway and if he did not activate for awhile he would get a phone to see if he was OK . I thought that was a great idea for people that live alone who will refuse to use their lifeline. I thought someone was going to be all over the OP for saying "hearing impaired" in their comment.

I left the hearing impaired because he said totally deaf after it... so he was referring to hearing impaired as in the elderly and the deaf population. :P He wasn't calling D/deaf hearing impaired. :P

Back