Medel - Rondo Info

I'm glad MedEl users have this option... but I have to say, I probably wouldn't choose it if AB had it. The Rondo is quite large. I'd be really worried about it falling off so I'd have to use the restraining cable and clip... at which point the main benefits of having an all in one unit are mostly nullified.

Wow, if you want to connect to an FM system or iPod you have to attach an external battery pack. Which looks to double or triple the size of the processor.
RONDO Hands-On Video: Chapter 7 - Connecting ALDs or External Devices - YouTube

This doesn't seem to be that good. Having to take the battery pack off each time means for example, you wouldn't be able to easily listen to music on a bus and easily be able to disconnect etc before you get off. To me, it's hassle!!

With AB, yes you have to change the ear hook but you can just take the wire off when you finish listening to music and then wear the processor with that ear hook whiles you are out.

This doesn't seem to be that good. Having to take the battery pack off each time means for example, you wouldn't be able to easily listen to music on a bus and easily be able to disconnect etc before you get off. To me, it's hassle!!

With AB, yes you have to change the ear hook but you can just take the wire off when you finish listening to music and then wear the processor with that ear hook whiles you are out.

With the Nucleus 5, there is just a lead that goes right below the place where the coil lead connects to the processor and MedEl Opus2 I think can take standard DAI with a certain battery pack.

It would be awesome if manufacturers focused less on "invisibility" and more on usability.

Thought I would give this thread a bump!

I was at the CI audi last week and got a chance to get my hands on the Rondo, needless to say mine should be arriving shortly ;)

Here is it on my head, certainly larger as expected, I've got a good looking scar too!

Uploaded with ImageShack.com

On the table next to my D-Coil for comparison:
(Sorry for the big picture, can't seem to get it to be smaller like the other pictures...)

And a better side profile:

When I put the demo unit on, I instantly noticed the freedom of my ear, since I have glasses with a thicker frame the comfort of it being off my ear was great. It was light, but we didn't have batteries in it so I'm sure it will feel a bit heavier. It is thicker than I had hoped, but I don't think that will change until battery technology changes. I also got to see the adapter that ecp pointed out, it is large and I don't think I'll use it. But the battery compartment is cool because you can use both a AAA battery or a DaCapo.
3fo.jpg

I was at the audiologist yesterday and got so see one upclose. They are bigger than I thought but not horrible either. My audi said that they are actually giving 3 processors out now for med-el, 2 BTE and the Rondo.

With the Nucleus 5, there is just a lead that goes right below the place where the coil lead connects to the processor and MedEl Opus2 I think can take standard DAI with a certain battery pack.

It would be awesome if manufacturers focused less on "invisibility" and more on usability.
Doesn't it seem like manufactors design stuff for ex hearing people? It's like my hearing aids are designed for old people who lost their hearing and KNOW what they're missing....whereas I don't really mind not hearing every drop of rain......

Doesn't it seem like manufactors design stuff for ex hearing people? It's like my hearing aids are designed for old people who lost their hearing and KNOW what they're missing....whereas I don't really mind not hearing every drop of rain......

You can still get that with aids that are not as powerful. I'm not old but I still want to be able to hear well...

I was at the audiologist yesterday and got so see one upclose. They are bigger than I thought but not horrible either. My audi said that they are actually giving 3 processors out now for med-el, 2 BTE and the Rondo.

Interesting, I'll have to give Med-El a call to confirm.

yeah, i think that' the Med-El promo going on right now, 2 BTE's and the Rondo.

Back