Medel - Rondo Info

I wonder if that design will ever catch on, personally I'd rather have a BTE.

The link does not work for me.

Not Found

The requested URL /slike/ponuda_implantata/23666E_r20_RONDO_Factsheet_Web.pdf was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

The link does not work for me.

Not Found

The requested URL /slike/ponuda_implantata/23666E_r20_RONDO_Factsheet_Web.pdf was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Revised that to standard English for you. Works better for those of us deaf.
Here is a link to tell you all about the Rondo, but you need to be profoundly deaf for a cochlear implant.
RONDO, the World’s First CI Single-Unit Processor, Now CE Mark and FDA Approved

Bummer the link is now broken, the pdf has more info in it than the news release from November.

I am thinking about getting one, waiting until the CI center gets a unit I can touch and stick to my head t get a feel for size. I wear glasses, and I think it would be more comfortable.

Downside is at the moment it does not come with a rechargeable battery, the pdf document did mention a direct cable I think. Talking on the phone may be a challenge using it.

The link was saying upto 5 days of battery life with 3 675s....

Pics from FB.
0B7D0999-CBFE-479D-A4ED-D085573E0934-3756-0000055F43C263B7.jpg

9291560D-06E8-472B-8970-6DE5E0FBE416-3756-0000055F3B57C5B8.jpg

That really sticks out...BTEs for me as the coils are quite a bit thinner.

Wondering if it looks even bigger because it's on a kids head?? But I have a really small head...it would probably seem just as big.

I'm sure it seems bigger because it's on a kid's head. But it does look like it's at least 3x as big as my AB headpiece.

Rondo Offically Launched

http://medel.com/rondo

They have a few videos of adults wearing it, even shows a person using the phone with the phone at the ear like normal. Med-el has launched website updates that coincide with the Rondo launch. Hopefully I can get a good look at it in-person over the next few weeks.

If you have hair at all, seems like it's covered. A guy like me with my short hair it will still be obvious:cool2:

http://medel.com/rondo

They have a few videos of adults wearing it, even shows a person using the phone with the phone at the ear like normal.

It's not exactly like normal, notice she says "I just push the telecoil button on the remote" -- the receiver in the Rondo uses a telecoil to read and interpret the magnetic signals coming off the phone. This might not work with all phones.

I don't have Med-El, but if I try telecoil with my N5 processor, I need to put my phone close to the processor. If I put it to the "standard" position which hearing people use, I don't hear anything from the phone.
So I don't understand how can it work with Rondo which is even farther from the "standard" phone position. Maybe different telecoil or phone technology?

Wow, if you want to connect to an FM system or iPod you have to attach an external battery pack. Which looks to double or triple the size of the processor.

Back