Med El CI users ?

Yankuba

Reaction score
Have you found a "skin" or cover for your implant. I checked with "skin it" company and they don't make it and they would not make a custom one for it either. Any ideas....I will resort to stickers for my son if that is all I can find.

Maybe send an email to Med-el and let them know you're interested in custom Skin-Its for the Med-El implants, and maybe they'll consider working something out with Skin-Its like Cochlear and Advanced Bionics did. Other than that, stickers is all I can think of. Maybe plain white stickers that you or your son could color and come up with your own designs and stick them on the processor?

My OPUS-2 came with six different coloured skins / battery covers what model do you have.

opus II
It is for my 5 year old son. His hair is black so really wanted black...was surprised to see they do not have black. Since he is young and just adjusting we thought it would be fun for him to have Mickey Mouse or a favorite character to make him more excited to wear it. He just had his surgery last week.

Ours is coming in anthracite.

I have tried to contact Med El by email but no success. Will try again.

I will look at the ear gear.

Thank you all.

Could look into matte black spray paint lol
Im serious. Bring it to an professional paint shop, explain which they should NOT paint and which you want black (body).

I have thought about that.....hahaha....really!

Just can't take the risk of messing it up...

One of the new colors is ebony. It looks black on some brochures but in person it is just a "different" shade of dark brown not black at all.

I was going thru my son's "briefcase" of CI parts and found an envelope that contained stickers for the med el CI. He is loving them! I think it was a great idea. I am going to take them to a sticker store (they can use the sticker as a pattern) to have some custom ones made. The stickers they sent turn white on the edges as you wear them and looks trashy. Having the new stickers made is Not the perfect choice....but it is what we have for now.

I have a MedEl Opus 2 model. Blue and antracite colors lol.

You can make your own skins from the printer with the right setup

Send us a pic of his skinned up processor !

Back