• Total voters

Daredevel7

Adrenaline Junky
Premium Member
Reaction score
Math quiz of the day:

What is:

10 + 10 x 0 ?

:) This is something that certain posters probably will use in order to deem you "dumb" or "respectable".

Not me!

More of a test to see if anyone remembers a TINY TINY rule that we all probably learned at some point in high school. (This should be a hint, btw...) It also points out who is currently in high school! :)

*counting with fingers*

:) This is something that certain posters probably will use in order to deem you "dumb" or "respectable".

Not me!

More of a test to see if anyone remembers a TINY TINY rule that we all probably learned at some point in high school. (This should be a hint, btw...) It also points out who is currently in high school! :)

Oh, dang. Order of operations! Can I change my answer?

That's what happens when your math is limited to running stats on SPSS!:lol:

"Order of operations."

*smacking my head*

Can I change my poll answer? :lol:

My first answer would have been 'other', since the clear answer is Σ (2x*π - ¾x³) as x approaches ∞.

So my next guess is 10.

I had to look up order of operations on this one because I wanted to know how PFH came at his answer. I'm like doh! Math never was my forte. I'm a LD student in non-verbal reasoning.

I had to look up order of operations on this one because I wanted to know how PFH came at his answer. I'm like doh! Math never was my forte. I'm a LD student in non-verbal reasoning.

I'm just old and took high school math like 100 years ago!:giggle:

Explanation: Can't forget the order of operations.

1st : Do any calculations inside parentheses/brackets.
2nd: Do any exponential/power calculations.
3rd: Do all multiplications and divisions, working from left to right.
4th: Do all additions and subtractions, working from left to right.

Some people use BEDMAS to remind them the order (Brackets, Exponential, Division, Multiplication, Add, Subtract).

Now.. for the REAL reason why I started this poll in the first place: I saw this today and it cracked me up.

bedmas.jpg

Fave quote:

No brackets = no bedmas!

Back