Mass. woman sues FedEx over marijuana delivery

rockin'robin

Reaction score
PLYMOUTH, Mass. (AP) — A Massachusetts woman has sued FedEx, claiming the company mistakenly sent her a package containing seven pounds of marijuana, then gave her address to the intended recipients, who later showed up at her door.

Maryangela Tobin of Plymouth said in the suit filed Feb. 12 that by disclosing her address, the company violated state privacy laws and put herself and her children in danger.

"I feel like the safety of my daughters and myself was invaded and it makes things complicated," she told WBZ-TV. "I walk into my house first every time, my kids don't."

Tobin said she thought the package was a birthday present for her daughter, because when she opened it, she found candles, pixie sticks and peppermint. There was also something she thought was potpourri, but it was marijuana.

Tobin said that about an hour later, a man knocked on her door looking for the package, while two men sat in a vehicle in her driveway, waiting. She said she didn't have it, and bolted and slammed the door. Tobin claims FedEx gave out her address, which led the men to her home.

Police made an arrest, but Tobin said now she's worried about retribution.

Memphis, Tenn.-based FedEx said it doesn't comment on pending lawsuits.

Mass. woman sues FedEx over marijuana delivery - Yahoo! News

I looked at FedEX package size at video clip. It look like around $1,000+ marijuana weight and size.

Yes, They want it back or They might kill her if she refuse to return package back. Geez...

Tobin said she thought the package was a birthday present for her daughter, because when she opened it

Didn't bother to read the label?
???? I always read the label to make sure it's my package before opening a box.

Wow! FedEx needs to pay to relocate this family at the very least.

the woman should had just given the parkage to the two men and everything would had been fine. It was crazy to to get drugs dealers pissed off at her.

Another evidence of how these drug laws have put innocent people in grave danger, very unintentional consequences of this stupid law.

If these stuff were legal and sold at liquor stores, she wouldn't have to worry about threats, and no oops from FEDEx, which way is better? You decide.

those thugs, are just wankers to begin with they cant hold normal jobs because they like to get rich fast, and bully people, so i think drug dealers should have death sentences, especially organised ones, and legalise pot, but shooter dealers to death

Was reading some of the responses to this article on Yahoo.....and wondering if the package delivered to the woman's house...had her or her daughter's name on it?....She opened it anyway.....Plus...if she was so afraid of the drug dealers...she still went on national TV and showed her face ....regardless!....

If her name was not on the package, she should have called FedEx back up and they would come and get it.....and thinking it's against the Law to open up packages, even mail...that does not have ur name on it....

This is why I don't trust FedEx to ship my guns...and neither did any of the agents I worked with....one of them mentioned when he was expecting his gun via FedEx, he learned the company shipped it to the wrong address....big shock.....

Laura

this a possibility that fed ex is crooked they need to screen their employees

the woman should had just given the parkage to the two men and everything would had been fine. It was crazy to to get drugs dealers pissed off at her.
But she had already opened it.. so the criminals would've known she knew what was in the package :(

What evidence does she have that fed-ex gave them her address ??

To me , it sounds more like someone used her address at random to have a package delivered. And were hoping to come and just take the package off the door step. Especially if they waited.

But she had already opened it.. so the criminals would've known she knew what was in the package :(

Yeah but I feel if the woman had given the drug dealers their pot they would left her alone. They could had force their way into the house and gotten the drug and beaten the woman and harm her kids. I don't think it wise to mess around criminals. Now the woman is worried about her family safety so did she really do the right thing?

Yeah but I feel if the woman had given the drug dealers their pot they would left her alone. They could had force their way into the house and gotten the drug and beaten the woman and harm her kids. I don't think it wise to mess around criminals. Now the woman is worried about her family safety so did she really do the right thing?

Yes.

If it was missent to her home (it had a different address, not hers) or it had her address but a different household name, she shouldn't have opened it and should leave it outside of the front door and call Fed-EX to pick it up. What's her story? :dunno:

Should she have broken the law instead? What exactly makes you think if she gave them the drugs, they would leave her alone? I don't know how many times I've read about women being sexually assaulted and/or killed despite giving up their purse. If someone's a drug dealer, chances are they don't have high moral character.....

Laura

Wow..that driver should be fired on the spot.

At least it is not meth! Its far more dangerous than any other dope I know of. What the problem is that FedEx gave other party where they shipped to by mistake. It should never shared to other receiver due to security and safety and FedEx does have emergency pick up and drop off service, can't they use it? Save their money by putting somebody on risk... shame on FedEx

Every now and then I read a story that makes my bs detector go off. This is one. The double switch maybe even triple switch may be involved in this one. Call me cynical but I have seen some extremely non-innocent women looking entirely innocent. A Plymouth Massachussetts woman willingly exposing her kids to drug dealer danger? I am not saying it cannot happen but there is something about this one making me say unt'uh.

Back