Mass Shooting in California , 6 dead :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see any statements from the killer's family blaming the NRA or gun lobbies for what their son did. From what they did say I take it to mean that the family was shocked that their son went the gun route since they (the family) are against guns (whatever that means), and support gun-control laws. As parents, they expected their child felt the same way, so they were surprised that he used guns (in addition to knives and his car) as deadly weapons.

The family DID emphasize the mental illness of the killer, how they couldn't get an adequate response to that risk. That seemed to be their major concern.

Same with parent, despite about own the guns and locked in storage since I was born in 1987, so they don't want me and my sister to have access to guns and they told me that is better to not have guns. My parent never been burglarized in their life. They were okay with federal assault weapon ban that passed in 1994. My parent was surprised after I expressed that I support Second Amendment and interest to own the pistol and shotgun, but they told me that I have vision issue and not good idea for me to be armed. :crazy:

Thank you for sharing the video. He sounds like he's having a pity party. He talks about how girls go for douchbags (his word) and why not him? He calls him self beautify an magnificent person bec he's traveled the world.

Something about this video, puts a red flag. He mentions nothing about what he did, like a plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for sharing the video. He sounds like he's having a pity party. He talks about how girls go for douchbags (his word) and why not him? He calls him self beautify an magnificent person bec he's traveled the world.

Something about this video, puts a red flag. He mentions nothing about what he did, like a plan.

Read his manifesto. It is very disturbing, and gives some insight into his state of mind. He never once made a personal effort to reach out to others, instead, he expected other people to do his bidding as he felt he was superior to everyone.

Read his manifesto. It is very disturbing, and gives some insight into his state of mind. He never once made a personal effort to reach out to others, instead, he expected other people to do his bidding as he felt he was superior to everyone.

I will check it out. I found later from my mom why he did this . The fb thread didn't say. You shared the video , thank you .

You are right, sounds like he expected people to extend themselves to him. In my opinion , I bet his personality scared girls away. Seriously , he whines about how girls won't go out with him. That's only his one sided story. He didn't have to do what he dd. so sad indeed.

I don't see any statements from the killer's family blaming the NRA or gun lobbies for what their son did. From what they did say I take it to mean that the family was shocked that their son went the gun route since they (the family) are against guns (whatever that means), and support gun-control laws. As parents, they expected their child felt the same way, so they were surprised that he used guns (in addition to knives and his car) as deadly weapons.

The family DID emphasize the mental illness of the killer, how they couldn't get an adequate response to that risk. That seemed to be their major concern.

The fact that the victims father, as well as the shooters father both made statements emphasizing mental health concerns, makes both of their statements similar. In fact, one blamed the NRA while the other made a special point that he ( not his family ) was a staunch supporter of gun control laws. You can interpret this to mean anything, but I chose to take it for what it is. The NRA is viewed as the " opponent " to those whom wish to impose useless gun control legislation on the general population. And no, I am not heartless, and I do understand grief. I lost a life long friend to his crazy mom ( who shouldn't have even had a gun ) and I warned the authorities to no avail.

Wow do really believe this?? Do think every person that has a mental illness does not follow the laws ??

No, I didn't and I don't know where this quote came from because I didn't write it. If you look at all my posts in this thread, where someone can't change it, nowhere did I say this, the only thing that could of happened is you changed something I said when you had it under quote to suit whatever point you are trying to make.

How could they do that if he's over 21?

You go to court and have him declared insane or mentally ill. His parents had the money and the means to do it but chose not to. I know someone who had to have their twenty something daughter declared mentally unfit and it wasn't difficult to do.

The fact that the victims father, as well as the shooters father both made statements emphasizing mental health concerns, makes both of their statements similar. In fact, one blamed the NRA while the other made a special point that he ( not his family ) was a staunch supporter of gun control laws. You can interpret this to mean anything, but I chose to take it for what it is. The NRA is viewed as the " opponent " to those whom wish to impose useless gun control legislation on the general population. And no, I am not heartless, and I do understand grief. I lost a life long friend to his crazy mom ( who shouldn't have even had a gun ) and I warned the authorities to no avail.

I won't change anything you said, but I will say if the authorities don't do anything you take it to the next level and go to court to have the friends mom declared mentally unfit.

You go to court and have him declared insane or mentally ill. His parents had the money and the means to do it but chose not to. I know someone who had to have their twenty something daughter declared mentally unfit and it wasn't difficult to do.

or you can done at sheriff department so they could take to hospital or getting arrested.

Elliot Rodger's parents had read his manifesto and were driving to stop their son | Mail Online

No way! The cops didn't watch his video in April when they met him. I wonder why. The evidence was right there. They must be lazy to do their jobs. His parents should keep telling them to watch the video because it was that serious. If the parents did, maybe they gave up afterwards.

I heard on the news tonight that the cops did see the video and they did not think the guy was a threat to society . :shock:

That's because according to the article said the guy convinced the Sheriff he is OK. It's all about manipulations.

I heard on the news tonight that the cops did see the video and they did not think the guy was a threat to society . :shock:

When someone is experiencing so much deep grief I would let him vent. His heart is broken, and he can't even see straight. It's tragic. :(

I feel he was entitled to say anything he wanted to say and if anyone has any issues with what he said that is just too damn bad . They have no idea how they would react unless they lost a love one the same way. I am not to judge this grieving father . My heart goes out to all the families and friends that lost a love one in this tragic and senseless crime.

I won't change anything you said, but I will say if the authorities don't do anything you take it to the next level and go to court to have the friends mom declared mentally unfit.

It was during a court proceeding and I testified she was off her rocker.

She was a very good liar ... but unfortunately, her lie caught up to her in a very tragic way.

That's because according to the article said the guy convinced the Sheriff he is OK. It's all about manipulations.

Yeah , I saw this on the news tonight , the cops are wondering how the guy was able to do this to trained cops. The shooter was not stupid by all mean. I hope something is learn from this tragic senseless shooting. This just so heartbreaking and it can happen anywhere . My niece has Asperger and this the second mass shooter to has it . I hope people will not start thinking everyone that has Asperger is capable of doing something like this.

Doesn't say to much about the cops ability to spot dangerous people does it. Of all the cops I've known in my life, the one thing that most of them had or should I say was lacking from their personalities was common sense and the other thing that everyone of them told me was that they lied in court on a regular basis, so their character also comes into question.

Ok, Elliot Rodgers was being seen by a "family psychiatrist" ( Dr. Charles Sophy ) and had prescribed with Risperidone (an anti psychotic medication). He also had been in therapy since he was 8 years old - his family knew he was a psycho.

California shooting: Elliot Rodger's friends thought he was 'a serial killer in the making' - Mirror Online

Yet, he was able to purchase a handgun "legally" even though it is a violation of Federal Law for any mentally ill patients to be in possession of a firearm. He even cleared a 4473 background check as well as the State of California's unusually stringent background check and waiting period of 10 days.

This sole incident has just proven that the NRA is completely and totally 100% correct ... background checks and waiting periods are useless.

http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-isla-vista-suspect-20140525-story.html#page=1

and yes, he was diagnosed with Aspergers (I could tell he had it from his video).

My niece has Aspergers, but there is absolutely no way she feels life should just be handed to her. These crazy people come from all walks of life - there is no way to pinpoint when a serial killer, or rampage murderer will emerge. If you ban guns, they will use something else.

In Rodger's screed, he said his parents had arranged for him to see a psychiatrist, Dr. Charles Sophy. But he did not elaborate further.

Ok, Elliot Rodgers was being seen by a "family psychiatrist" ( Dr. Charles Sophy ) and had prescribed with Risperidone (an anti psychotic medication). He also had been in therapy since he was 8 years old - his family knew he was a psycho.

California shooting: Elliot Rodger's friends thought he was 'a serial killer in the making' - Mirror Online

Yet, he was able to purchase a handgun "legally" even though it is a violation of Federal Law for any mentally ill patients to be in possession of a firearm. He even cleared a 4473 background check as well as the State of California's unusually stringent background check and waiting period of 10 days.

This sole incident has just proven that the NRA is completely and totally 100% correct ... background checks and waiting periods are useless.

Isla Vista shooting suspect's videos reflect cold rage - Los Angeles Times

and yes, he was diagnosed with Aspergers (I could tell he had it from his video).

My niece has Aspergers, but there is absolutely no way she feels life should just be handed to her. These crazy people come from all walks of life - there is no way to pinpoint when a serial killer, or rampage murderer will emerge. If you ban guns, they will use something else.

There was no mental health illness on his medical record from what I heard on the news tonight. Asperger's is not a mental illness but the guy sure had to have some kind of mental illness and Asperger's . A lot of people missed the all the 'red flags' this guy had all over him.

There was no mental health illness on his medical record from what I heard on the news tonight. Asperger's is not a mental illness but the guy sure had to have some kind of mental illness and Asperger's . A lot of people missed the all the 'red flags' this guy had all over him.

His parents knew 9they had been paying his therapy bills since he was in high school) ... so did his mental health providers;

But signs of Rodger’s troubles, which grew increasingly frequent in recent months, failed to trigger decisive action from his mental-health providers, his roommates, his longtime friends or sheriff’s deputies, who had three separate encounters with him over the past 10 months.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...123026-e3b4-11e3-8dcc-d6b7fede081a_story.html

so ... how exactly did mental health providers overlook the fact he was prescribed with an anti-psychotic again? Because the answer to that would really interest me.

now all we need are all the gun control nuts to start saying "if there were no guns this would not happen". He could have used an ax or a hammer then where would we be? Could not cut down a tree or build a house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back