Marijuana

I suffer from Fibromyalgia and severe anxiety attacks, when I was younger I used MJ to help alleviate panic attacks that would have me passing out and being in the ER or it would help me get out of bed.Around here it's usually home grown (small town) and not hard to find pure stuff lol

I'm all for legalizing it. I even have a bumper sticker that says so :)

I don't have the anxiety attacks, but I am a fellow Fibro sufferer. I, too, support legalization.

I just like to sleep sometimes so therefore, I smoke. Heh.

I hope that Obama is willing to call off the feds on raiding medical marijuana clinics. It's the very least he could do.

THC is a natural ingredient in cannabis... I have not seen any other facts but for one... THC is not carcinogenic. However, smoked marijuana used regularly can cause cancers, weakened immune system, problems with respiratory system, to name several problems. Although, cannabis are natural, they still contains 400 chemicals.

However, most of the researches have only focused on the negative effects of smoked marijuana. I cannot determine on anything because there are no studies on the negative effects of marijuana in pill forms. So I am not wholly convinced yet.

I understand that the supporters of the legalization of the pot says that it will help patients of cancers, AIDS, and other incurable/hard to cure conditions. But I was thinking (Forgive me if I am repeating myself), if smoking pot is the only way to go now, why would anyone want to have additional illness alongside the condition that already exists in your system?

Someone says that smoking is no different from inhaling the environmental pollutants. In my opinion, they are not always the same thing. In California where the pollution is so bad, they are taking measures to do something about this already.

There are progresses attempting to make things more green currently because of the harmful environmental pollutants. Some areas aren't as bad as others.

As for mining industry, miners are encouraged to take approaches to use personal protective equipments. Otherwise, mining industries cannot be sued unless the mining industry fail to mention any safety approaches.

In conclusion, marijuana is still addictive and harmful to health. No consistent evidence found on the pill forms and their negative effects, yet.

I understand that the supporters of the legalization of the pot says that it will help patients of cancers, AIDS, and other incurable/hard to cure conditions. But I was thinking (Forgive me if I am repeating myself), if smoking pot is the only way to go now, why would anyone want to have additional illness alongside the condition that already exists in your system?

For individuals with Cancer, AIDS--wasting is a serious illness and by smoking marijuana/or the pill form, it helps the afflicted individuals to eat to help boost their weight as well as fight nausea which is common among people with cancer and AIDS.

The side effects of smoking marijuana/pill form is minor compared to what they are dealing with on a daily basis.

For individuals with Cancer, AIDS--wasting is a serious illness and by smoking marijuana/or the pill form, it helps the afflicted individuals to eat to help boost their weight as well as fight nausea which is common among people with cancer and AIDS.

The side effects of smoking marijuana/pill form is minor compared to what they are dealing with on a daily basis.

Besides which, many of the approved medications used for chemotherapy have horrendous side effects much, much worse than anything that has ever been attributed to marijuana.

Yeah, they have been using chemo and trying all of its variants for, what, 30 years now and the stuff's still like drinking Drano!

Yeah, they have been using chemo and trying all of its variants for, what, 30 years now and the stuff's still like drinking Drano!

Absolutely. The very definition of chemotherapy is to introduce a poison that will kill cancer cells. The side effects are horrible.

Absolutely. The very definition of chemotherapy is to introduce a poison that will kill cancer cells. The side effects are horrible.

That's right but after all these years, you'd think that, by now, they'd have something that does more than delaying the inevitable, wouldn't ya? I guess its a whole lot more complicated than I think it is....obviously.......

That's right but after all these years, you'd think that, by now, they'd have something that does more than delaying the inevitable, wouldn't ya? I guess its a whole lot more complicated than I think it is....obviously.......

Yeah, you'd think. But to date that's the best we got. Chemotherapy has become somewhat more effective over the years, but because it is used after a cancer has already invaded the lymph nodes, and can't all be removed by surgery, they are kind of fighting a loosing battle sometimes.

Getting high did wonders for my lingering cough. Kind of odd as I thought it'd have the opposite effect.

Yeah, you'd think. But to date that's the best we got. Chemotherapy has become somewhat more effective over the years, but because it is used after a cancer has already invaded the lymph nodes, and can't all be removed by surgery, they are kind of fighting a loosing battle sometimes.

I had a lymph node removed out of my neck. I refused to even entertain the thought of going through chemotherapy, so I choosed to have it removed.

In the hospital for one week and was sent home. Thank goodness Mary Jane was around to assist in my recovery to get my strength back!

I against to law

That is very bad things. I against to law Government decision to margunia that is very bad. I hate to someone hassle me ask me money I said NO way I against to law. I said no way I don't want to give you money what for waste of your own money. I don't want to trouble. I aware of really serious That is very destroy your mind. I understand I told that is very not good health. I serious I concern about to numberous I told I complaint to talk very fines or somethings. I really told fines or jail 20 years maxium do you think what are doing thinks fines or jail which you opionon?

I've been smoking weed frequently in the last 12 months. I'm a late deafened adult and I've noticed when smoking marijuana, my senses do heighten - which happens with everyone - but I'm able to depict certain sounds a lot sharper. It's kinda heavy stuff to talk about.

Mexico decriminalizes small-scale drug possession

By MARK STEVENSON, The Associated Press

7:49 p.m. August 20, 2009

MEXICO CITY — Mexico enacted a controversial law Thursday decriminalizing possession of small amounts of marijuana, cocaine, heroin and other drugswhile encouraging free government treatment for drug dependency.

The law sets out maximum "personal use" amounts for drugs, also including LSD and methamphetamine. People detained with those quantities will no longer face criminal prosecution when the law goes into effect Friday.

Anyone caught with drug amounts under the personal-use limit will be encouraged to seek treatment, and for those caught a third time treatment is mandatory – although the law does not specify penalties for noncompliance.

Mexican authorities said the change just recognized the long-standing practice here of not prosecuting people caught with small amounts of drugs that they could reasonably claim were for personal use, while setting rules and limits.

Under previous law, possession of any amount of drugs was punishable by stiff jail sentences, but there was leeway for addicts caught with smaller amounts. In practice, nobody was prosecuted and sentenced to jail for small-time possession, said Bernardo Espino del Castillo, the coordinator of state offices for the attorney general's office.

"We couldn't charge somebody who was in possession of a dose of a drug, there was no way ... because the person would claim they were an addict," he added.

"This person obviously couldn't be charged, not yesterday, not the day before, not a year ago, but the bad thing was that it was left up to the discretion of the detective, and it could open the door to corruption or extortion."

In the past, police sometimes hauled suspects to police stations and demanded bribes, threatening long jail sentences if people did not pay.

"This is not legalization, this is regulating the issue and giving citizens greater legal certainty ... for a practice that was already in place," Espino del Castillo said.

In 2006, the U.S. government publicly criticized a similar bill. Then President Vicente Fox sent that law – which did not have a mandatory treatment provision – back to Congress for reconsideration.

The maximum amount of marijuana considered to be for "personal use" under the new law is 5 grams – the equivalent of about four joints. The limit is a half gram for cocaine, the equivalent of about 4 "lines." For other drugs, the limits are 50 milligrams of heroin, 40 milligrams for methamphetamine and 0.015 milligrams for LSD.

The law was approved by Congress before it recessed in late April, and President Felipe Calderon, who is leading a major offensive against drug cartels, waited most of the summer before enacting it.

Calderon's original proposal would have required first-time detainees to complete treatment or face jail time. But the lower house of Congress, where Calderon's party was short of a majority, weakened the bill.

Mexico has emphasized the need to differentiate drug addicts and casual users from the violent traffickers whose turf battles have contributed to the deaths of more than 11,000 people during Calderon's term. In the face of growing domestic drug use, Mexico has increased its focus on prevention and drug treatment.

Sen. Pablo Gomez of the leftist Democratic Revolution Party praised the legislation: "This law achieves the decriminalization of drugs, and in exchange offers government recovery treatment for addicts."

Previously, possession of any amount of drugs was punishable by stiff jail sentences, with some leeway for those considered addicts and caught with smaller amounts. But in practice, relatively few people were prosecuted and sentenced to jail for small-time possession.

While the United States openly expressed concern about the 2006 law, this time around it has been more circumspect.

Asked about the new law in July, U.S. drug czar Gil Kerlikowske said he would adopt a "wait-and-see attitude."

"If the sanction becomes completely nonexistent I think that would be a concern, but I actually didn't read quite that level of de facto (decriminalization) in the law," said Kerlikowske, who heads the U.S. Office of National Drug Control Policy.

source: Mexico decriminalizes small-scale drug possession

Mexico should have legalized marijuana only.

There's a House bill (H.R. 2493) that was introduced in June 2009 to all the legalization of 100 grams of marijuana for personal use. This "Act of Congress" would pave the way for other states the means and opportunity to consider and allow personal use of marijuana in their states.

Kokonut Pundit: "All wee weed-up"....an accident or not? National legalization of marijuana coming?

Obama's "all wee weed-up" wasn't an accident, either, considering his background as a pot head once (or maybe never gave up?)

I cannot help but notice the other pot thread in the Deaf Education Forum. I felt the urge to bring this topic up. I want to know how everyone feel about marijuana and why? Most people think that cannabis is bad for you but I have a complex veiw about marijuana.

Montel Williams, talk show host, author and motivational speaker, was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 1999. He and other victims of MS said it is the worst chronic pain anyone can ever experience. He had been prescribed many different medications for this which includes Oxycontin and Percoset which are proven to be ineffective and dangerous. The only prescribed medication that alleviates his chronic pain is medical Cannabis (marijuana).

Cannabis is the botanical name of the plant from which marijuana comes. It is also know as weed, hash, ganja, grass, draw, pot, herb, Mary Jane and chronic. Cannabis is an illegal plant and its possession, use, and sale carry heavy prison sentences and fines. It has been socially accepted by society for years. It is a dangerous drug when it is abused, it can cause some serious medical problems such has respiratory problems and infertility. Short term affects include dry mouth, dry eyes, increased heart rate and visible signs of intoxication such as bloodshot eyes and puffy eyes; anxiety attacks, impaired muscle coordination and judgment, impaired memory and learning ability are other short term affects.

Because of the amount of toxic chemicals found in marijuana, it was made illegal. I feel that it should be legal no matter how much damage it can do to a person. People are aware of the effects of using marijuana, it’s a human right issue, and freedom should apply even if the outcome is self destructing. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 25 specifically states that individuals are entitled to seek any medical help necessary. So therefore, depriving patients of medical marijuana is a crime against the patients. Laws against the use of medical marijuana should be changed.

There are thousands suffering from cancer, A.I.D.S, M.S, spinal cord injury, epilepsy, asthma, insomnia and stress related disorders. The only way of relieving their pain and symptoms completely for a long period of time is to resort to Cannabis. One advantage of allowing patients to use this effective drug instead of dangerous, ineffective pharmaceutical drugs is that the patient would save a lot of money.

Innocent and non violent people are being arrested everyday for the possession of marijuana. They are fined hundreds of dollars and years in prison which put a lot of stress on families. More than eighty percent of people have already tried or used marijuana so it is clear that the law is losing in this case. Legalizing cannabis can make a great difference in reducing crime. Police can arrest real criminals who violate real laws against human rights, such as murders, rapists and thieves. A lot of pressure on the government and prison systems will be eased.

As we all know, tobacco, cigarettes and alcohol are legal and once upon a time they weren’t. So why should these drugs be readily available to people and cannabis cannot, it is no more harmful than tobacco, cigarettes and alcohol should be readily available to patients. Yes, marijuana is addictive. But not as addictive as tobacco and alcohol. Recent studies show that a lesser percent of people who heavily used it than the percentage of people who used tobacco and alcohol, no matter how moderate it is used. Tobacco and cigarettes have long term effects and increase the risk of cancer, heart and many other diseases. They contain deadly, toxics chemicals and yet they are still legal.

Cannabis is more than a medical or recreational substance to some people. It is a source of fuel, food, building materials, plastic, paper and much more. A few people realize how useful this plant can be in other ways other than being used as a drug. Globally, cannabis hemp is the most prolific source of biomass and it replaces all high pollutant energy sources such as coal, petroleum and nuclear fuels. Replacing these fuels with this plant can help to preserve the earth and delay global warming and also save a lot of money.

I do not support the legalization of Cannabis for recreational purposes, but people have the freedom to choose what they want to do with their bodies, like they choose to consume alcohol and smoke cigarettes which pollutes their bodies and minds. We must be educated on the effect of these drugs. Legalization of cannabis for medical purposes will be a great benefit to those with serious medical conditions.

I have TMJ and I have tried med's for my pain, and they all help some but I felt so drugged up when the med's wore off! When I was visting some friends I smoked a joint and I slept great that night as I had no pain! It really helped my pain! My TMJ is so bad that I can only wear one HA now!

I have TMJ and I have tried med's for my pain, and they all help some but I felt so drugged up when the med's wore off! When I was visting some friends I smoked a joint and I slept great that night as I had no pain! It really helped my pain! My TMJ is so bad that I can only wear one HA now!

take Aleve only if you experience any major pain. My TMJ doctor recommends it. I have severe TMJ case, but I manage to alleviate the pain by exercising my muscles aggressively. It works. It's been a year since I took Aleve.

I'm not into drug use either but I do research drugs just out of curiosity. Plus we learned it in health class.

Your posts are interesting Nika. It made me laugh when you said you can still smell it on someone even after they've showered.

I have a question for you, can you notice drastic change in someone who is high off marijuana? What are some things you notice other than simple high behavior?

I have a medical marijuana prescription in California, I take it for my pancreaitis.

I don't think anyone has a problem with marijuana, they just have a problem with the amount of money one may spend on it.

Back