Man Jailed After Woman Plays Dead

rockin'robin

Reaction score
RUTLAND, Vt. -- Authorities say a Vermont man walked into a police station and said he had killed a woman at his home. What he didn't know is that she had played dead.

Police said after fighting frantically to free herself from the man's grip, she relaxed to convince him that she was dead.

The Rutland Herald reported that Ian Patureau pleaded innocent Tuesday to felony charges of aggravated domestic assault and endangerment of a child younger than age 2. Police said the woman was holding an infant at the time of the attack.

Police said the woman had red marks around her neck and her face was "white to gray in color" when she was found lying on a couch in the apartment. Patureau's arms and neck were also covered with scratches.

Man Jailed After Woman Plays Dead - Boston News Story - WCVB Boston

Interesting...thats pretty much something.

Very wise of her to fool that guy in order to save her life hmmm...

I hate nothing worse than a wife beater and child abuser.

Just thankful the woman did not panic too much and was able to fool her attacker!...Not many people could do that....they would just keep on fighting.

It saved her life and her baby's too.....

Just thankful the woman did not panic too much and was able to fool her attacker!...Not many people could do that....they would just keep on fighting.

It saved her life and her baby's too.....

True that.

Smart woman, perhaps her method should be taught to possibly save the lives of others. If you can't effectively fight back - play dead.

well learned from an opossum.

hope that dude stays in the slammer for a looooong time feeling so stupid for laying a hand on a woman and putting that child in harms way

That's a smart move in order for her life to be saved. It was just a lucky shot that happened.

It's good to know that this man has been charged with this said crime. An abuser shouldn't be getting scot-free, that easily.

My daughter and I are the victims in this case. I appreciate all the kind words of support!! Unfortunately the crime did not fit the time on this case. He was sentenced to 19 and a half months incarcerated and 2 years probation. Hardly justified!

My daughter and I are the victims in this case. I appreciate all the kind words of support!! Unfortunately the crime did not fit the time on this case. He was sentenced to 19 and a half months incarcerated and 2 years probation. Hardly justified!
Ma'am, first of all I want to say you and your daughter did smart to play dead like a opossum. I am glad you are ok and your daughter is ok too. I am mad at the system for not doing enough. Get yourself an order of protection and maybe relocate so that he does not find you. This was attempt murder in my opinion and he should have served 15 to life. So, I know how you feel.

My question are you sure your are talking about the same case? This thread is from 2009 with no posts since October of 2009 until yours.

Back