Man Holds Mom Hostage With an Ax and Force Her to Watch Movies

TheOracle

Reaction score
Well, the first clue he was :crazy: would be the sword and the fact he lives at home...

ENGLEWOOD, Fla. — Charlotte County Sheriff's deputies arrested 22-year-old Robert Tuttle on Thursday for allegedly attacking his 60-year-old mother with an ax, threatening to kill her, and forcing her to stay in his bedroom and watch movies with him for several hours.

Tuttle's mother called police at 10 a.m. saying she had escaped from her son's bedroom, where she had been held against her will.

According to his mother, Tuttle had been drinking and became aggressive, destroying items in the house with an ax before threatening to kill her and himself if she called police.

The mother says Tuttle swung the ax at her but she stepped back to avoid it. It was then that he forced her into his bedroom and made her stay for several hours and watch movies while he held the ax.

Deputies arrived at the home and arrested Tuttle. While there, they also found a sword, an expandable baton and a baggie of marijuana in his bedroom.

Tuttle was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, false imprisonment, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.

He was transported to the Charlotte County Jail, where he remains on no bond.

Cops: Ax-wielding man forces mom to watch movies - US news - Weird news - msnbc.com

:laugh2:

Strange behavior indeed. I think the young man has over stayed his welcome at mom's house.

I have a sword and expandable baton, and we have an ax in our shed. No marijuana or drug paraphernalia though. :lol:

wtf? why force his own mother to watch movies? he must be STARVING for attention.

Mental problems?...Bipolar?...or just "meaness"?...Whatever it is...I hope the Mom gets him permanently banned from her house before he does do her harm!...Have a friend that's going thru the same thing with her 20 yr. old, and I've told her to call the police to throw him out....He has no job, no desire to look for one,,,no education..won't even study for a GED...Just pushes her around, takes her car and comes back with the gas tank empty...steals her $$...list goes on and on....No one deserves to live like that...and if anyone came at me with an AX...jeez!...get the man out of there....

The guy is seriously :crazy:. Hopefully he will be found guilty on all charges and will get a nice comfy bed at Iron Bar Hotel for the next few years.

His next room will be at the Grey Bar Hotel. Mom won't visit for movies there.

Back