Making a nursery for the arrival of my son

Ditto to this, I know 5+ motorcyclists that smoke weed. While I don't do drugs I can't help but notice that a majority of bikers do indulge in an unhealthy habit or two such as smoking and drinking.

Yes, some of them are veterans with PTSD and they have to use drugs like marijuana to calm them down. Of course, Adam is alcoholic with over 20 pages of rap sheets. I used marijuana when I lived in DC but had to quit when went back to Alabama because I want my background to be clean.

I know several deaf parents that have hearing children. When my wife and I were expecting, there was a very real concern among our mutual relatives that our sons would learn to speak well before they attended school. They did not want them being "delayed" in any way.

It hurt .. a lot. You know, I can't think of a more personal degrading remark than to assume that a disability of the parent would hold a child back. It is hard to explain - but as parents, my wife and I were far more worried that our son would be born healthy - and he was - and so was Jonathan.

we see the "polite" silence from strangers, and some 'alarmed" looks when we are in public and using Sign - people in my neck of the woods have never ever been exposed to a deaf family before. It might be something they see on TV, when they are not watching midget wrestling. ;)

And by a Deaf family, I mean one that uses sign, even though both of our boys are hearing, they will learn to communicate with me and their mother. TJ is a little confused by it, he tries to sign to strangers, thinking everyone can, but he is picking it up that his mother is Deaf. When he wants her attention, he knows he has to go to her and tap her.

If you receive a visit from CPS or someone works at state departments - you should remind them that you have federal protection for parents with disabilities to raise the child, or federal court could go after state. Many deaf parents raised their hearing kids, known as CODA without any issues and they could get used with closed captioning or subtitles that where many hearing people can't tolerate when it is displayed on TV or movie theater. I think if you are overwhelmed so you could ask deaf parents for feedback and I don't have much experience to raise the child as deaf parent. The communication barrier is pretty frustration on my side.

Of course, I'm worried about CPS visitation and realize that kids don't speak orally very well nor deaf children don't use CI and use ASL full time. There are many ignorant hearing people think deaf can be easily fixed with CI or think that deaf parents shouldn't have children - that happened to some deaf parents that I seen on FB.

http://youthtoday.org/2015/08/new-federal-guidelines-aim-to-protect-parents-with-disabilities/

I said my sister isn't planning to have a child until around 5 years.
I'm sorry, I missed that part.

Also, it is stressed me out when you can't read my post clearly.
It was just a friendly joke. I thought you would respond back with a joke to me. I never expected you to get stressed about it.

I said my sister isn't planning to have a child until around 5 years.

Also, it is stressed me out when you can't read my post clearly.

I have PTSD from having a very abusive drunken father ,he used my head for target practice ! He threw anything he could get his hands and throw at my head my metal lunch box , and they made thick metal in the 50's. Plus he hit at every meal . If Reba had posted this to me I would had being :lol: so hard. I really think you're over reacting on this one.

I have PTSD from having a very abusive drunken father ,he used my head for target practice ! He threw anything he could get his hands and throw at my head my metal lunch box , and they made thick metal in the 50's. Plus he hit at every meal . If Reba had posted this to me I would had being :lol: so hard. I really think you're over reacting on this one.

Not all PTSD are same - everyone have different reaction.

The misunderstanding and miscommunication lead my family to beat me up and it is very painful for me, that's not overreaction as you thought.

I'm sorry, I missed that part.

It was just a friendly joke. I thought you would respond back with a joke to me. I never expected you to get stressed about it.

I don't see as joke.

Not all PTSD are same - everyone have different reaction.

The misunderstanding and miscommunication lead my family to beat me up and it is very painful for me, that's not overreaction as you thought.

My dad did the same with me , he would hit b/c I didn't come to him when he called me . I couldn't hear him . All was called names by my 2 sisters and ex brother and was hit on my head with a dictionary at school by a teacher . I been hit on my head so many times I lost counts .My dad would slap me across the face while I was sleeping when I was little girl ! I couldn't hear him coming into my bedroom and had to think of a way to protect myself . I would pull my blanket up over my face and hoped when dad pulled it down to hit I would wake up. I was at combat with a monster when I was only 4 yo. I am sorry you had to go through that too no child should be treated his way. But I still feel you're overreacting .

Back