Making a nursery for the arrival of my son

Jonathan is doing very good - just started to learn to say "mama"!

Here is TJ (gotta teach them early)

But your child better save money for an early funeral ! The way people drive around here I wouldn't want my child riding a motorcycle . I once saw a guy on a motorcycle get cut off by a driver , he was lucky he knew how to control his motorcycle better than the person could drive . If he had gotten hit I was planning on waiting for the police to be his witness .

wdys...I think he using metaphor.

stein ,baby growing quickly are you exhausted

yes, I am very tired, all the time. I am also learning some lessons the hard way.

Like, for example, don't leave a dozen eggs within reach of a 2 year old. Not even for a few seconds. My son is using parkour to climb the kitchen island and retrieve things he wants. As a result, I had to use a shop vac to retrieve the eggs he flushed down the toilet.

It is also very hard to do things like that without enriching my son's vocabulary with words he shouldn't say.

yes, I am very tired, all the time. I am also learning some lessons the hard way.

Like, for example, don't leave a dozen eggs within reach of a 2 year old. Not even for a few seconds. My son is using parkour to climb the kitchen island and retrieve things he wants. As a result, I had to use a shop vac to retrieve the eggs he flushed down the toilet.

It is also very hard to do things like that without enriching my son's vocabulary with words he shouldn't say.

Could you use oral language perfectly?

It looks like deaf parents have difficult to raise the hearing children and for myself, I'm going be uncle in less than 5 years.

I said something near my grandson I don't Allways get sound level right.my gandson says to grandad why nan using daddy's naughty driving words.i stub me toe thought I was thinking it not saying it.You not only one.:)

It looks like deaf parents have difficult to raise the hearing children and for myself, I'm going be uncle in less than 5 years.
Less than 5 years? That's an awful long pregnancy. :eek3:

Less than 5 years? That's an awful long pregnancy. :eek3:

I said my sister isn't planning to have a child until around 5 years.

Also, it is stressed me out when you can't read my post clearly.

Last edited:

You could had used ASL and your son might not notice . :giggle:

He can sign now too - my wife is completely deaf and yes, I am oral with good speech but HoH.

He knows all his colors and can count to 100 - I will have to see if I can find some videos of him signing. Several months ago, his favorite sign was "spider" because it resembled "tickle".

I know several deaf parents that have hearing children. When my wife and I were expecting, there was a very real concern among our mutual relatives that our sons would learn to speak well before they attended school. They did not want them being "delayed" in any way.

It hurt .. a lot. You know, I can't think of a more personal degrading remark than to assume that a disability of the parent would hold a child back. It is hard to explain - but as parents, my wife and I were far more worried that our son would be born healthy - and he was - and so was Jonathan.

we see the "polite" silence from strangers, and some 'alarmed" looks when we are in public and using Sign - people in my neck of the woods have never ever been exposed to a deaf family before. It might be something they see on TV, when they are not watching midget wrestling. ;)

And by a Deaf family, I mean one that uses sign, even though both of our boys are hearing, they will learn to communicate with me and their mother. TJ is a little confused by it, he tries to sign to strangers, thinking everyone can, but he is picking it up that his mother is Deaf. When he wants her attention, he knows he has to go to her and tap her.

He can sign now too - my wife is completely deaf and yes, I am oral with good speech but HoH.

He knows all his colors and can count to 100 - I will have to see if I can find some videos of him signing. Several months ago, his favorite sign was "spider" because it resembled "tickle".

My favorite one is turtle , but it would very hard to have a conversation
only using 'turtle' in ASL the whole time. :lol: My daughter and granddaughter didn't want to learn ASL with me so I have no reason to
take classes again.

FYI, Adam from Teen Mom 2 learned about motorcycle when he was toddler in 90s and now, he is addict and criminal. It is hit or miss.

Ditto to this, I know 5+ motorcyclists that smoke weed. While I don't do drugs I can't help but notice that a majority of bikers do indulge in an unhealthy habit or two such as smoking and drinking.

Back