Making a nursery for the arrival of my son

Yes, those were my exact feelings too. When my wife and I got the news that she was being taken to the hospital, we rushed there.

When we arrived in the room she was in ... well ... she was gone. :( My mother in law and her brother were broken hearted. Her husband, my Grandpa Jack (what I call him), was sitting by her side, silently holding her hand. She didn't die in her own arms, he was with her the whole time. My step father in law, was standing by Grandpa Jack.

My wife lost it. I was holding little TJ and my wife's reaction was overwhelming grief ... she was extremely close to her grandma. During her pregnancy, she often mentioned that she wanted her grandma to meet TJ before she died. So ... we all knew that day was close. Anyways, a doctor had to come in and rock my wife back and forth like a little baby - she was inconsolable. I had to take care of TJ until my wife was taken out of the room and brought to a family waiting room.

After a little while, different family members showed up. I was in the family waiting room singing to TJ to calm him down. Then my grandpa Jack came in, and gave me a hug. He patted my shoulder and said "She was just making room for the little one". I told him "Life sometimes belts out a bittersweet melody, and there isn't anything we can do about it. It seems like every occasion for great joy is shadowed by another occasion of great sorrow."

He just nodded his head. I felt really awful that night - he lost his best friend. Seeing a 93 year old cry is .... indescribably painful to witness.

So yes, I agree, she was waiting to meet her great grandson before she left. When she met him for the first time - it was a very happy day :)

A truly great woman. I miss her terribly.

Omg, reading what your grandfather said, that about made me tear up. Such a beautiful and strong thing to say from someone who must have be so devastated. Just had to throw that out there..... wow.

I am just seeing if this works - just made my first animated GIF (and it is my son laughing)

f8BWyX9.gif

"dad, can you put my shoes on?"

"Sure, but I don't think they will fit me"

Running a temperature of 100.3 and doctor's office is closed. He is 2 months and 9 lbs - what is the correct dose of infant tylenol?

Running a temperature of 100.3 and doctor's office is closed. He is 2 months and 9 lbs - what is the correct dose of infant tylenol?

That isn't really a fever, and you can't give him any without a doctor's instruction!

Your DR . should have an on call DR. for the weekend , if not you could call the ER and see if you can talk to nurse and see what they suggest you to do . The ER nurse will let you know if your baby should be seen by a DR right away. I hope your son will be better real soon.

It's really frightening for parents when their babies are running a temp. If you have not done so, you can call the nurses station at Labor and Delivery and speak to a nurse in the infant nursery. Usually a fever under 101 medication is not necessary. Just keep the baby cool, don't bundle him up. I hope you got the advice you needed. Babies first fever, one of many to come sadly. Hoping TJ feels better soon.

It's really frightening for parents when their babies are running a temp. If you have not done so, you can call the nurses station at Labor and Delivery and speak to a nurse in the infant nursery. Usually a fever under 101 medication is not necessary. Just keep the baby cool, don't bundle him up. I hope you got the advice you needed. Babies first fever, one of many to come sadly. Hoping TJ feels better soon.

Steinhauer posted his comment about 3 hours ago , so I hope everything is OK with TJ.

Your DR . should have an on call DR. for the weekend , if not you could call the ER and see if you can talk to nurse and see what they suggest you to do . The ER nurse will let you know if your baby should be seen by a DR right away. I hope your son will be better real soon.

We called and they told us to go to the ER. So I called Atlanta Healthcare for Kids and they let us come in. The doctor was extremely nice and was very good with Travis.

He had his first vaccinations yesterday, and this was a normal reaction (1 in 4 kids get this reaction). We were not sure if he was old enough to get infant tylenol, and wanted to be sure and were told yes, he can have 2 ml of infant tylenol every 4 hours as needed.

I wasn't overly concerned, and thought he was just fussy because he was in pain from the shots, but my wife wanted to double and triple check. I will admit, it is good having peace of mind instead of wondering - but yeah, my suspicions were confirmed - he is ok, just a normal reaction.

We are just getting back. The doctor explained that the alarming things to watch for is a fever over 101 (he was at 100.3 then went down to 99.7) vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite, and lethargic behaviour.

Glad he's ok and you guys brought to er so you guys know better and know what to do. I did the same thing what you guys did.

By the way what kind of program you used a gif. Cute

We called and they told us to go to the ER. So I called Atlanta Healthcare for Kids and they let us come in. The doctor was extremely nice and was very good with Travis.

He had his first vaccinations yesterday, and this was a normal reaction (1 in 4 kids get this reaction). We were not sure if he was old enough to get infant tylenol, and wanted to be sure and were told yes, he can have 2 ml of infant tylenol every 4 hours as needed.

I wasn't overly concerned, and thought he was just fussy because he was in pain from the shots, but my wife wanted to double and triple check. I will admit, it is good having peace of mind instead of wondering - but yeah, my suspicions were confirmed - he is ok, just a normal reaction.

We are just getting back. The doctor explained that the alarming things to watch for is a fever over 101 (he was at 100.3 then went down to 99.7) vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite, and lethargic behaviour.
That was why I suggested you calling your DR. or ER , they would ask you if your baby had any of these symptoms . Babies can get dehydrated very fast when they have a fever with
vomiting and diarrhea. The Dr. should had told you and your wife that your son could get a fever from the vaccination and given you a print out of what to look for and how to made your baby feel better and a phone # to call. Doctors do not spend as much time with their patients anymore so the parents has to asked as many questions as they can in the 10 -15 minutes
visit and it helps to write down the questions you ant to ask . I am glad your baby is OK. You and your wife just had your first test of parenthood, how many white hairs did you get this time?

Happy to hear TJ is doing fine. My kids always got a fever after their shots and when they were teething too. It's a good idea to keep a journal to write down when these things happen and how the problem was solved. You two sound like you're doing a great job being parents.

Last edited:
When he got his first vaccinations, the shots were on his inner thigh - so putting him in the car seat must have been really painful, and boy did he ever let us know :shock:

It was tough seeing him in pain.

My grandson was born 1 week before on of his cousins. The other grandmom got to hold both of them when she went out after the cousins birth as my daughter & SIL drove the 5 hours to surprise her.

When he got his first vaccinations, the shots were on his inner thigh - so putting him in the car seat must have been really painful, and boy did he ever let us know :shock:

It was tough seeing him in pain.
Oh yes, I remember seeing my little guy getting shots. My eyes were wellin' when he was hollerin'. :cry:

Back