Making a nursery for the arrival of my son

That's so cool! Yes, as paramedics ( myself ) I know I have to actually assist in at least 3... It was... interesting... lol! Firefighters and EMT'S only have to watch... ( jerks ) hehe... But I've seen it, and it's totally amazing. Even when it's nobody I knew, I was still emotional from it. It's still like "Wow, that's so awesome!" It brings everyone together, and just to see the protection and love that child has and nobody has met them yet... so awesome. Very emotional time even when it's people you don't know... So when you do know them, it's like 10 fold. That's awesome about the pictures. I'm sure he'll be raised up just fine. =)

I am going to find that firefighter in a few weeks (he knows my brother in law - search and rescue) and take a picture of him holding TJ - shake his hand and thank him for bringing my son into the world - hopefully, it will make his day.

Things like that always make our days! We're always stuck with people who just don't realize what you do... like the doctors do it all... I gave a woman CPR for 10 minutes to keep her alive a few weeks ago. We got her to the hospital and she lived. Just another day it's whatever of course... but a week or so ago I get a call from my supervisor that tells me to report to his office. ( Oh crap I think ) lol! But actually, it was the woman and her husband. They came and gave me hugs and brought me a card and a cupcake. In the card was a $100.00 gift card to red lobster ( YAY RED LOBSTER! ) They told me to take a night off and enjoy dinner with a friend or whoever. The doctor told them if it weren't for the paramedic ( me hehe ) giving her CPR as long as I did she wouldn't have made it. They took pictures of me and posted them on their facebook. Though the giftcard was nice ( Not supposed to take them but my supervisor said it was okay ) I didn't even care about it. It was the fact this woman and her husband thought about me and came to find me and thank and hug me. They could have just written me a thank you note and I would have smiled, but the fact that they went out of their way to find and thank me in person, just gave me an extra pep in my step. =) So I'm most certainly sure, ( If he's anything like all the fire rescue and paramedics I work with ) *takes a special kind of person to do fire work let me tell you!* that he will have that extra pep and may even get a little watery eyed. =P Hehe... It's all about appreciation! =D

This is the funny part of breast feeding... Whenever your wife hears a baby cry her breasts will start leaking....lol
My wife hated that, we would be out and a baby would be crying in the store and she would have to go change the pads since they would get soaked... and that's any babies, not just yours.

This is the funny part of breast feeding... Whenever your wife hears a baby cry her breasts will start leaking....lol
My wife hated that, we would be out and a baby would be crying in the store and she would have to go change the pads since they would get soaked... and that's any babies, not just yours.

LOL ! That made me think of Pavlov's dog getting hungry when it heard the bell.

Things like that always make our days! We're always stuck with people who just don't realize what you do... like the doctors do it all... I gave a woman CPR for 10 minutes to keep her alive a few weeks ago. We got her to the hospital and she lived. Just another day it's whatever of course... but a week or so ago I get a call from my supervisor that tells me to report to his office. ( Oh crap I think ) lol! But actually, it was the woman and her husband. They came and gave me hugs and brought me a card and a cupcake. In the card was a $100.00 gift card to red lobster ( YAY RED LOBSTER! ) They told me to take a night off and enjoy dinner with a friend or whoever. The doctor told them if it weren't for the paramedic ( me hehe ) giving her CPR as long as I did she wouldn't have made it. They took pictures of me and posted them on their facebook. Though the giftcard was nice ( Not supposed to take them but my supervisor said it was okay ) I didn't even care about it. It was the fact this woman and her husband thought about me and came to find me and thank and hug me. They could have just written me a thank you note and I would have smiled, but the fact that they went out of their way to find and thank me in person, just gave me an extra pep in my step. =) So I'm most certainly sure, ( If he's anything like all the fire rescue and paramedics I work with ) *takes a special kind of person to do fire work let me tell you!* that he will have that extra pep and may even get a little watery eyed. =P Hehe... It's all about appreciation! =D
Its always nice to be noticed and thanked for our hard jobs. I have been in several news papers as well as on the TV news for my past job with the government. I had previous citizens come find me as well as my crews to thanks me and/or us for the work rendered. We also weren't allowed to take gifts but our supervisor was cool and let us as well. We have gotten things from gift cards to meals and in some instances requests of something much needed from wealthy families.
Fire Fighters, Yes that is an extensive job. I took the test during 105 degree heat in August quite a few years back and let me say... it kicked my ass and I was in Top shape at the time. I also broke the record that day for being the fastest. I never became a fire fighter although I did make it to #1 on the list, the reason was they put a hold on hiring because of the conspiracy that the test was too hard for the Blacks ( its the same test everyone gets ) but they claimed it was racial and too hard for them WTF? Right? so my 3 years pasted of being on the list and I didn't want to run that tower again, so I let it go. I would have been retired already before I got injured and possibly without this injury I have now unless I got into a bad situation fighting fires ? Ah well, there are still some great people out there who acknowledge us from time to time and its a good feeling, although we think of it as we are just doing our jobs, they think of it differently as we changed their lives, or should I say, saved them.

Its always nice to be noticed and thanked for our hard jobs. I have been in several news papers as well as on the TV news for my past job with the government. I had previous citizens come find me as well as my crews to thanks me and/or us for the work rendered. We also weren't allowed to take gifts but our supervisor was cool and let us as well. We have gotten things from gift cards to meals and in some instances requests of something much needed from wealthy families.
Fire Fighters, Yes that is an extensive job. I took the test during 105 degree heat in August quite a few years back and let me say... it kicked my ass and I was in Top shape at the time. I also broke the record that day for being the fastest. I never became a fire fighter although I did make it to #1 on the list, the reason was they put a hold on hiring because of the conspiracy that the test was too hard for the Blacks ( its the same test everyone gets ) but they claimed it was racial and too hard for them WTF? Right? so my 3 years pasted of being on the list and I didn't want to run that tower again, so I let it go. I would have been retired already before I got injured and possibly without this injury I have now unless I got into a bad situation fighting fires ? Ah well, there are still some great people out there who acknowledge us from time to time and its a good feeling, although we think of it as we are just doing our jobs, they think of it differently as we changed their lives, or should I say, saved them.

I know what you mean about the testing Bull crap... It happens all too often. Just because someone will scream racism or something like that. I don't care if it's a black person, white person, purple person or whatever! When I'm out in a house fire trying to save people ( As a Paramedic I'm dual trained in Fire rescue for emergencies ) I want the best next to me! I want the guy who was the fastest, strongest and the best! I don't care what color he or she is! I just want to know when I'm in a situation they're going to be able to back my butt up! We see this testing crap with high-schools too... just throwing it out there. Don't give that job to a black guy because we don't have enough blacks! Don't give it to a white guy because we don't have enough whites! Give it to the best damn person that did the BEST on that job! Plain and simple! To work as a Paramedic or a Fire fighter you have to be physically fit and able to help each other, you're like family... and I want the best for my family. If I do terrible on my physical test, hire the best one! Plain and simple. I don't have the time or energy to be pulling someone out of a car wreck and you to pull 25% of the load... Gosh, that crap really pees in my cereal to say the least... :mad::mad2:

Ahem . . . this is a baby nursery folks. :)

Babies are so cute and they grow up fast, Enjoy every moment you can with them.

Wow! What a wonderful event! I have been busy "fishing" and did not check in here much during the last few weeks. Since I am also new to the world of daddy-ness (almost 10 months) I can tell you to enjoy those last few nights of sleep. Soon enough, the light will be flashing (if you use that as a cry warning) and you will feel like an outsider as everyone fawns over the baby and your wife, while you get trampled in the stampede. It is the best gift I have ever had. My boy was less stubborn; my wife was in labor for about 4 hours before it was over. Good thing I was home when it started. In my head, I kept remembering TV shows where a baby is born in the car.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your boy. I have attached a picture of mine from recently.

Attachments

• IMG_0683a.jpg
    IMG_0683a.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 16
Wow! What a wonderful event! I have been busy "fishing" and did not check in here much during the last few weeks. Since I am also new to the world of daddy-ness (almost 10 months) I can tell you to enjoy those last few nights of sleep. Soon enough, the light will be flashing (if you use that as a cry warning) and you will feel like an outsider as everyone fawns over the baby and your wife, while you get trampled in the stampede. It is the best gift I have ever had. My boy was less stubborn; my wife was in labor for about 4 hours before it was over. Good thing I was home when it started. In my head, I kept remembering TV shows where a baby is born in the car.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your boy. I have attached a picture of mine from recently.

Your son is very cute. I sure wish there where flashing lights for baby crying when I had my baby.

Like wdys said, your son is a very handsome young man :wave:

We have had little TJ home just over a week now .. and so far he has been well behaved (he hasn't attempted to run away from home yet :giggle: )

I have a picture up under my blog. Its the only one I am "allowed" to share right now. I am sure once some time passes, my wife will allow more. 3 days of labor and she is protective as a momma bear. She is sleeping with TJ on her so she can feel him cry. We have a baby monitor with a mobile LCD screen that vibrates when he cries that we will use once he sleeps in his crib (that way, she can see what the problem is before she goes in the room, or she can be doing something in the house and keep her eyes on him).

and I ain't about to use a Mannary gland :giggle:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0s18i95JKA]Meet the Fockers (2/12) Movie CLIP - Jack's Manary Gland (2004) HD - YouTube[/ame]

Congrats! Yea, the first few months will be all about getting into a routine with the baby. :) I did go through the emotions with my daughter...crying spells, being paranoid about the outside world dangers to her, and etc. For me as a first time mom, that was very overwhelming so I went through a depression for a few weeks. With my son, I was already prepared for the mood swings and handled them better.

Congrats! Yea, the first few months will be all about getting into a routine with the baby. :) I did go through the emotions with my daughter...crying spells, being paranoid about the outside world dangers to her, and etc. For me as a first time mom, that was very overwhelming so I went through a depression for a few weeks. With my son, I was already prepared for the mood swings and handled them better.

My ex boyfriend and I remind friends and he left a book for me while I was pregnant . The book was about EVERYTHING that can go wrong with your pregnancy . He thought he was be helpful but I was :Ohno: after starting to read the book. Yes, we still stayed friends after that .

anyone who can do those pics free hand have good artistic talent wish i had that talent..lucky baby have clever dad like that....enjoy firsts years They become teenagers you may aswel have Martians,dont understand word they say for next 6years

Our lawn looks like crap now. It's all brown and covered with weeds! Do you want to come here and work on it?

I would love to .. especially if your property manager is willing to pay the traveling expenses for me to do so. :giggle:

P.S. Do you like how I striped the lawn? I was thinking about showing it off to you when I was cutting the grass ;)

Back