Making a nursery for the arrival of my son

So did she end up with a Csection, or did things get going on there own? You are so lucky having so much family around. TJ will be spoiled with lots of love.

Feel free to asks questions from me and maybe others who have had a lot of experience with new borns. I delieverd four myself plus I was a labor coach for 15 years.

#1. When changing a diaper on a little boy, have small dixie cups close by. They always shoot straight up and peepee goes everywhere. Open the diaper cover it up before you get a squirt. Hahaha

We are all home now. They released us since TJ is healthy. I didn't know that hospitals observe ....everything....new parents do while in the hospital. I think its good. It prevents a child going home to an abusive environment IMHO. They also put a bracelet around the baby, and if the baby goes near the elevator, or the bracelet is cut, the entire hospital goes on lock down. We knew about the car seat. We bought one but had to bring it in to show we were competent. They also had to watch me strap little TJ in the car before they let us go. This is required by State law.

I would love to post pictures ... and I will at some point .. but my wife told me not now.

My SIL had to wear an ID bracelet too when he stayed at the hospital , there was a bed for him to sleep on too.

We are all home now. They released us since TJ is healthy. I didn't know that hospitals observe ....everything....new parents do while in the hospital. I think its good. It prevents a child going home to an abusive environment IMHO. They also put a bracelet around the baby, and if the baby goes near the elevator, or the bracelet is cut, the entire hospital goes on lock down. We knew about the car seat. We bought one but had to bring it in to show we were competent. They also had to watch me strap little TJ in the car before they let us go. This is required by State law.

I would love to post pictures ... and I will at some point .. but my wife told me not now.
The hospital we were at had the bracelets, parents had to match baby's, also if we went by any doors they locked. Had to have staff let us out. Its good to keep baby thieves out or from getting out.

The hospital we were at had the bracelets, parents had to match baby's, also if we went by any doors they locked. Had to have staff let us out. Its good to keep baby thieves out or from getting out.

When my oldest sister had her baby the baby was beautiful , she had a head full of black hair and even the nurses where saying she was one if the prettiest baby they seen in awhile. A crazy lady thought so too and tried to kidnap my sister's baby! It was horrible as the woman almost got away with it. One of those bracelets would had been great to had then.

So did she end up with a Csection, or did things get going on there own? You are so lucky having so much family around. TJ will be spoiled with lots of love.

Feel free to asks questions from me and maybe others who have had a lot of experience with new borns. I delieverd four myself plus I was a labor coach for 15 years.

#1. When changing a diaper on a little boy, have small dixie cups close by. They always shoot straight up and peepee goes everywhere. Open the diaper cover it up before you get a squirt. Hahaha

No, she had a vaginal birth. I am going to be sure to jot down questions and post.

My wife seems really groggy and moody, and easily bursts into tears ... all normal?

No, she had a vaginal birth. I am going to be sure to jot down questions and post.

My wife seems really groggy and moody, and easily bursts into tears ... all normal?
Yes, its that post birth thing they go through. My wife was worst due to the C-section and after 3 years she is still unhappy about the c section because she doesn't like the scar, says its ugly.

I can remember my mom telling that happen when had her first baby a boy. You could wear a rain coat.

Yes, its that post birth thing they go through. My wife was worst due to the C-section and after 3 years she is still unhappy about the c section because she doesn't like the scar, says its ugly.

serious? I have a csection and it didn't bother me. I am so relieved that my daughter is OK. I couldn't get her out of me for more than 25 hours.

She didn't have a c-section, but had several stitches so she is in some pretty bad pain - although she is better today (more mobile).

She has been doing very good with feeding him. She is very attentive, ignoring everything and is 100% focused on little TJ.

I think she is hitting the baby blues pretty hard though. She is unusually over protective. I think she will be for a while.

I'm sure you both are pretty exhausted after all of this. It is really hard not being able to sleep when you are so tired. Plus if she is nursing her body is going through a lot of changes. It is exhausting having someone depend on you for everything. If she is nursing, make sure she is getting enough calories and drinking a lot of fluid. Don't be afraid to tell visitors "no" and nap when the baby is sleeping.

Now the fun begins.

I'm sure you both are pretty exhausted after all of this. It is really hard not being able to sleep when you are so tired. Plus if she is nursing her body is going through a lot of changes. It is exhausting having someone depend on you for everything. If she is nursing, make sure she is getting enough calories and drinking a lot of fluid. Don't be afraid to tell visitors "no" and nap when the baby is sleeping.

Now the fun begins.

Thank You :ty:

What kind of fluids? I bought whole milk and she said she can't drink that for two years. She has to drink 2% in case TJ has allergies. She has several bottles of Juicy Juice.

I thought whole milk would be good ...

She is eating good, and now they have been asleep for over 3 hours (the longest they have been asleep since we left the hospital).

That is good she is getting some sleep. Water is good to drink while nursing. The trick is every time she sits to nurse, she should be drinking fluids. Water with lemon taste good. Avoid caffeine though. Her milk should be coming in if not so already. That can have another whole set of issues. I don't know how much advice you need but feel free to ask me anything. Hopefully you are getting some sleep too.

Aww, sucks about the random emotions. She'll be randomly emotional for a while... The crying at random times... at least it's crying and not screaming... =P Hehe... Had my godbaby and watched all those stages... Nothing I miss that's for sure. =P

I am getting more sleep than her and I feel bad about. She is producing milk though - she has the hang of it and :ty:

Aww, sucks about the random emotions. She'll be randomly emotional for a while... The crying at random times... at least it's crying and not screaming... =P Hehe... Had my godbaby and watched all those stages... Nothing I miss that's for sure. =P

It took me by surprise :giggle:

My MIL told me that father's day is 9 months after mother's day. She didn't explain the joke until yesterday when I was visiting.

I am extremely protective of TJ .... I mean, I watch for every conceivable thing that can go wrong and I keep him away from it. It is just instinctive. It's like seeing the world through new eyes (the only way I can describe it).

My MIL told me that is because now, I am bonding with TJ, but that my wife started feeling that way 9 months ago when she got pregnant.

That was when I got the joke ;)

lol! It's so good to hear you're so happy about it! =) I don't have any kids, but I know I want the feeling of the pregnancy and bonding and all that, but still divided on if I want to give up all my life for it at this moment. I'm only 26, ( 27 in September ) I still have a while to decide. =) However, my godbaby... I was there for the whole process and cried like a baby seeing her delivered. I know how protective I am over her, and can only imagine how it would be with one of my own. You know, I never understood how all these loser ass guys can get a girl pregnant and just leave with no desire or guilt about being there. It's so amazing and awesome... If I could get a chick preggo ( being a chick myself don't see that happening. =P ) I'd be there every step of the way! Even if she was crazy... hehe =P

lol! It's so good to hear you're so happy about it! =) I don't have any kids, but I know I want the feeling of the pregnancy and bonding and all that, but still divided on if I want to give up all my life for it at this moment. I'm only 26, ( 27 in September ) I still have a while to decide. =) However, my godbaby... I was there for the whole process and cried like a baby seeing her delivered. I know how protective I am over her, and can only imagine how it would be with one of my own. You know, I never understood how all these loser ass guys can get a girl pregnant and just leave with no desire or guilt about being there. It's so amazing and awesome... If I could get a chick preggo ( being a chick myself don't see that happening. =P ) I'd be there every step of the way! Even if she was crazy... hehe =P

I was surrounded by women in the delivery room. I was absolutely amazed at the "sisterhood" I witnessed. I mean ... I was floored by it. My mom, my MIL, the doctor was female, all the nurses and the interpreters .... all of them there to make sure TJ arrived safe. I made it a point to get a picture of each of them holding TJ, so my son will know what it took to make sure he was safe, and maybe give him a better appreciation for life, people, and women.

When my wife was about to go into labor, the charge nurse came in and asked us if a fireman could witness the birth. He needed something to do with a certification, and had to witness a live birth in order to get it. We said "Sure!!"

I figured, if that firefighter got certified, that was more lives he could save. And he was there holding my wife's leg right alongside me and screaming 'PUSH!!!" just as loud as I was too - But i was also signing ;)

When he was yanked out by his hair by the doctor, and he cried, and cried, and cried, and mommy forgot about all the pain when she held him. It's hard to describe. He's here, and he is ours.

And yes, I am a very proud daddy. I doubt that will ever change.

That's so cool! Yes, as paramedics ( myself ) I know I have to actually assist in at least 3... It was... interesting... lol! Firefighters and EMT'S only have to watch... ( jerks ) hehe... But I've seen it, and it's totally amazing. Even when it's nobody I knew, I was still emotional from it. It's still like "Wow, that's so awesome!" It brings everyone together, and just to see the protection and love that child has and nobody has met them yet... so awesome. Very emotional time even when it's people you don't know... So when you do know them, it's like 10 fold. That's awesome about the pictures. I'm sure he'll be raised up just fine. =)

Back