Making a nursery for the arrival of my son

Just an update. My wife and I had an appointment this morning. TJ's heart rate is 143 and all is well. She is due this Monday and has not even dilated. This Tuesday, we have another appointment to induce labor. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

My baby was late buy 4 days.

Just an update. My wife and I had an appointment this morning. TJ's heart rate is 143 and all is well. She is due this Monday and has not even dilated. This Tuesday, we have another appointment to induce labor. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

My first baby was almost three weeks late. She was also almost nine pounds and 24 inches long.

It's lucky today they induce and don't let it go over by so long.

By next week, it will all be fluorescent green. (You can see the fescue sprouting up in the bermuda now)
My parents had burmuda grass, it was thick to cut but felt like a carpet it was so thick. I took plugs to my house and within a year with constant fertilizing and watering , plus the hot summer it took over completely. Burmuda will choke out weeds and will take over bare areas fast as well as neighbors yards...lol I want burmuda for my new house here once I get to the landscaping, probly next year sometimes.

We paid money to spray some crap on our lawn to make it green and the grass is brown from lack of water. Idiots run my condo!

You know, I was thinking about that. Talk to your landlord about spreading annual rye grass. Rye grass is very cheap, grows very fast and is beautiful. It dies out in the fall, and you have to seed every year.

It is far from perfect ... but it is getting there:

picture taken 5 minutes ago

eventually, I am going to do something similar to this:

Awesome-Backyard-Ideas.jpg

And have a gazebo with maybe a firepit/grill

I will also be planting some peach, apple, and plum trees.

You know, I was thinking about that. Talk to your landlord about spreading annual rye grass. Rye grass is very cheap, grows very fast and is beautiful. It dies out in the fall, and you have to seed every year.

I am my landlord , I own my condo outright . I did talk to the condo manger today and he is going to be taking away the pile of yard trash that attracting rodents . We do not have grass , I am not sure what to call it.
Some idiots covered the front lawns with dirt to 'kill the weeds' . Please do not ask me how this works. I called a landscaper company and asked the guy if you can kills weeds by dumping dirt on them and the guy LOL! Anyway the dirt that was used to kill the weed was loaded with weeds. We're going to be having meeting to see what people want to see get done first . I want to see the buildings taken care before anything else is done but everyone else was crying about having no woodchip in the garden . So the last manger put woodchips down to keep the crybabies happy.

Whats going on with that baby....whats the news? Did he get here yet or still swimming around and kickin?

I am my landlord , I own my condo outright . I did talk to the condo manger today and he is going to be taking away the pile of yard trash that attracting rodents . We do not have grass , I am not sure what to call it.
Some idiots covered the front lawns with dirt to 'kill the weeds' . Please do not ask me how this works. I called a landscaper company and asked the guy if you can kills weeds by dumping dirt on them and the guy LOL! Anyway the dirt that was used to kill the weed was loaded with weeds. We're going to be having meeting to see what people want to see get done first . I want to see the buildings taken care before anything else is done but everyone else was crying about having no woodchip in the garden . So the last manger put woodchips down to keep the crybabies happy.

Here are pictures of annual rye grass:

ryegrass-erosion2.jpg

image_n2972_f3793.jpg

You have to spread rye grass seed every season. It dies during the winter.

It's just the opposite in the South Carolina Lowcountry region.

The only time people here use rye grass is as a winter oversees. They seed it over the bermuda or centipede lawn for a temporary green lawn for the winter. Come spring, it dies off.

All new lawns here have to be laid sod or plugs. Our grasses propagate by runners, not individual blades.

We have to bag all our lawn clippings (or compost them). Otherwise, we have to dethatch the lawn every season. The clippings would smother the grass and it would die. Some people burn off their lawns in the winter instead of dethatching.

It's just the opposite in the South Carolina Lowcountry region.

The only time people here use rye grass is as a winter oversees. They seed it over the bermuda or centipede lawn for a temporary green lawn for the winter. Come spring, it dies off.

All new lawns here have to be laid sod or plugs. Our grasses propagate by runners, not individual blades.

We have to bag all our lawn clippings (or compost them). Otherwise, we have to dethatch the lawn every season. The clippings would smother the grass and it would die. Some people burn off their lawns in the winter instead of dethatching.

When I worked at Baardmoor/Bayou in Florida, we overseeded the entire course in the Spring with rye grass (there are many variations). It grows very quickly and is very, very, green. There are cold climate tolerant rye grass varieties, and yes, those are used to keep the lawn green when bermuda goes dormant. The hot weather causes it to die off when the bermuda springs back.

When I worked at Baardmoor/Bayou in Florida, we overseeded the entire course in the Spring with rye grass (there are many variations). It grows very quickly and is very, very, green. There are cold climate tolerant rye grass varieties, and yes, those are used to keep the lawn green when bermuda goes dormant. The hot weather causes it to die off when the bermuda springs back.
Oh, I guess that is a very different variety. Around here rye doesn't survive past March. It just burns up.

Oh, I guess that is a very different variety. Around here rye doesn't survive past March. It just burns up.

Rye grass is very "high" maintenance. Requires watering and mowing 2-3 times a week. Nitrogen in the soil also has to be high.

I know some golf courses here in Georgia that have heat resistant bermuda greens, but they still have to set a high power fan to blow air over the greens in the hottest months.

When we overseeded rye grass at the Florida golf course, we had to water daily. Some places were hand watered, others via irrigation, and yet others with a water buffalo (not a real buffalo - it was a huge water tank pulled by a tractor with sprinkler system attached).

I just looked it up - there are Gulf variety rye grass seeds.

...When we overseeded rye grass at the Florida golf course, we had to water daily. Some places were hand watered, others via irrigation, and yet others with a water buffalo (not a real buffalo - it was a huge water tank pulled by a tractor with sprinkler system attached).
I know what a water buffalo is. :lol:

ryegrass-erosion2.jpg

image_n2972_f3793.jpg

our lawn looks like the bald spot and we have all kind of weeds . My condo planted some grass seeds and all we got was weeds . The landscapers told we got we because we did not water the seed enough and we need water it 3 times a day.

our lawn looks like the bald spot and we have all kind of weeds . My condo planted some grass seeds and all we got was weeds . The landscapers told we got we because we did not water the seed enough and we need water it 3 times a day.

What State do you live in? I am under the impression .... Arizona, New Mexico?

What State do you live in? I am under the impression .... Arizona, New Mexico?

Massachusetts , I am telling you people are not too bright where I live. We had new bushes planted right in a middle of a drought and no one was watering them , I got fed up and started to water the bushes and they where not in front of my building . A neighbor took over the job when he saw me out there6:00 A M . I told the last manger that we where wasting money spaying crap on the lawn to made it green then not water the grass all summer! We had apples trees and they cut down and a neighbor said it was glad because she did not like bees. I told her the bees will still come around for the flowers and my neighbor did not know this. I happen to like bees , I think they're pretty. You would think I lived in Arizona, New Mexico the way our lawn looks.

Massachusetts , I am telling you people are not too bright where I live. We had new bushes planted right in a middle of a drought and no one was watering them , I got fed up and started to water the bushes and they where not in front of my building . A neighbor took over the job when he saw me out there6:00 A M . I told the last manger that we where wasting money spaying crap on the lawn to made it green then not water the grass all summer! We had apples trees and they cut down and a neighbor said it was glad because she did not like bees. I told her the bees will still come around for the flowers and my neighbor did not know this. I happen to like bees , I think they're pretty. You would think I lived in Arizona, New Mexico the way our lawn looks.

Grasses used in Massachusetts generally consist of bluegrass, ryegrass, fine fescue, or mixtures of these grasses. Some people are using zoysia grass in MA. This is a warm season grass that will go dormant and turn brown during all cold months (approximately 6 months) in MA.

Massachusetts Grass Seed

tell the manager to send soil samples here - http://soiltest.umass.edu/

They will recommend the right fertilizer to balance the ph level of the soil for growing conditions.

Back