Making a nursery for the arrival of my son

Bats!!!! BILYUNS AND BILYUNS OF EM!! AHHHH!! :run:

These rabbits have gotten used to my dogs. They are not scared of each other. I caught Gizmo "hopping" one time just like a rabbit. I guess he thinks that is what he is supposed to do when he saw them.

Yeah the bigger rabbits are use to my dogs , that is very funny about your hopping like a rabbit. I was in yard once and a chipmunk ran right pass my feet and my dog , I could hear the chipmunk running that was how close it was. One chipmunk tried to get into my house, it came right onto my deck and right up my sliding door and I take Marty out that way all the time. The wild animals been living so close to human for so long they're losing fear of people and their dogs.

yeah, Gizmo is a ferocious guard dog - a robber better never break into my house!

My condo cut down some beautiful apples trees and some hedges and put some grass seeds down . We watered the seeds every day and we got nothing but weeds! I saw the crap the landscapers put on the lawn and the loom looked more like dirt than anything. The landscapers said we got so many weeds because we did NOT water the seeds enough. I know this not true as the city had to replace some grass and they just threw some seed on the dirt and never watered the seed and there are no weeds .
And my condo spray the lawn with the junk to made your lawn green then never water the lawn all summer!

This is how I have been getting my back yard to "green up". In the picture, it doesn't look as green anymore right? That is because I "scalped" it ... twice .. in opposite directions. I also do not bag the clippings, I mulch everything (it provides nutrients for the soil). I will also, very sparingly, spread my fireplace ashes with a broadcast spreader. I also put down a lot of lime.

Now, if we had been having a brutal hot summer, I wouldn't dare do this. It could do devastating harm to the grass. But .. this summer has been relatively mild with plenty of rain, so a good time as ever to prep it for vigorous re-growth by getting rid of the undergrowth. (this is the third time I have scalped the lawn this season)

Some of that is Kentucky Fescue, and some of it is Centipede grass and some is Bermuda. There is a mixture of different grass in my back yard, and I want it to be uniform. The Fescue is quickly overtaking the Centipede and Bermuda - which I want it to continue to do. Tall Fescue looks absolutely awesome IMO.

I have read and talked to a lot of "experts" that have said to never ever scalp Fescue. However, I have found that during mid-growing season during a mild season, Fescue will grow back with a vengeance. So - in about a week or so, I will show you what the lawn looks like.

Keep in mind .. 2 years ago .. there wasn't any grass back there - 15 pine trees and other weed trees were removed. It left a lot of mulch, weeds and orange mud.

Thank You! :wave:

Your welcome.

I really want to visit my birthplace city and military base so bad. I'm sure it was much change from 1987.

For enter military base, I have to get my father to go with me because military ID is mandatory. I went to Marine base in Quantico, VA and it was nice area.

This is how I have been getting my back yard to "green up". In the picture, it doesn't look as green anymore right? That is because I "scalped" it ... twice .. in opposite directions. I also do not bag the clippings, I mulch everything (it provides nutrients for the soil). I will also, very sparingly, spread my fireplace ashes with a broadcast spreader. I also put down a lot of lime.

Now, if we had been having a brutal hot summer, I wouldn't dare do this. It could do devastating harm to the grass. But .. this summer has been relatively mild with plenty of rain, so a good time as ever to prep it for vigorous re-growth by getting rid of the undergrowth. (this is the third time I have scalped the lawn this season)

Some of that is Kentucky Fescue, and some of it is Centipede grass and some is Bermuda. There is a mixture of different grass in my back yard, and I want it to be uniform. The Fescue is quickly overtaking the Centipede and Bermuda - which I want it to continue to do. Tall Fescue looks absolutely awesome IMO.

I have read and talked to a lot of "experts" that have said to never ever scalp Fescue. However, I have found that during mid-growing season during a mild season, Fescue will grow back with a vengeance. So - in about a week or so, I will show you what the lawn looks like.

Keep in mind .. 2 years ago .. there wasn't any grass back there - 15 pine trees and other weed trees were removed. It left a lot of mulch, weeds and orange mud.

The landscapers at my condo dumped the cut grass on the lawn and that killed whatever grass we do have. I called the manger and told and I guess he spoke to the landscapers boss and told them to not dump anymore cut grass on the lawn.

By next week, it will all be fluorescent green. (You can see the fescue sprouting up in the bermuda now)

And I finally painted the "TJ" blue (it has to have blue somewhere - and what better than a turbo hi gloss blue?)

Very pretty room, yard and border. Congratulations on the new little one.

Didja hear that, Derek? The man said "turbo". :D

Just an update. My wife and I had an appointment this morning. TJ's heart rate is 143 and all is well. She is due this Monday and has not even dilated. This Tuesday, we have another appointment to induce labor. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

By next week, it will all be fluorescent green. (You can see the fescue sprouting up in the bermuda now)

We paid money to spray some crap on our lawn to make it green and the grass is brown from lack of water. Idiots run my condo!

Back