Making a nursery for the arrival of my son

I finally found my camera!

I didn't have a whole lot of time to work on this today because I was doing this:

and finishing up the flower bed:

Sneak peek:

Winnie the Pooh blankie

I once painted an apartment yellow walls and orange for the windows and door. I like it but I am not sure my landlord did. It really did brighten up the apartment.

your grass is very green do you water it or has is been raining a lot? My condo take horrible care of the lawn in the summer so it brown now.

We have been getting daily thunderstorms for about a week and half now. I also put down a lot of pelletized lime and fertilizer (I also aerate and overseed).

My neighbor across the street (a very old man) came over a few days ago to tell me to stop making him look bad to his wife - now she wants him to put a flower bed in their front yard ;) (he was kidding)

He stopped by to tell me that he and/or his wife would be available in case we needed a sitter.

More green grass

I planted that baby tree so my wife and I could watch it grow as we watch our baby grow. I also planted two red Japanese maples in the front yard.

(maybe I should take the tag off the tree - or is that a felony? Or is that just for mattresses? )

:lol:

More green grass

I planted that baby tree so my wife and I could watch it grow as we watch our baby grow. I also planted two red Japanese maples in the front yard.

(maybe I should take the tag off the tree - or is that a felony? Or is that just for mattresses? )

Your shared pictures make me feel that everyone can do something to make their life more wonderful. Sincerely wish your family happy forever!:lol:

We have been getting daily thunderstorms for about a week and half now. I also put down a lot of pelletized lime and fertilizer (I also aerate and overseed).

My neighbor across the street (a very old man) came over a few days ago to tell me to stop making him look bad to his wife - now she wants him to put a flower bed in their front yard ;) (he was kidding)

He stopped by to tell me that he and/or his wife would be available in case we needed a sitter.

My condo cut down some beautiful apples trees and some hedges and put some grass seeds down . We watered the seeds every day and we got nothing but weeds! I saw the crap the landscapers put on the lawn and the loom looked more like dirt than anything. The landscapers said we got so many weeds because we did NOT water the seeds enough. I know this not true as the city had to replace some grass and they just threw some seed on the dirt and never watered the seed and there are no weeds .
And my condo spray the lawn with the junk to made your lawn green then never water the lawn all summer!

More green grass

Yeah I would take the tag off before the tree grow or the tag will be stuck right into the tree. You can take the tag off the your mattress after paid for it and have it in your house. I use to wonder about when I was younger would I really go to jail???

Yeah I would take the tag off before the tree grow or the tag will be stuck right into the tree. You can take the tag off the your mattress after paid for it and have it in your house. I use to wonder about when I was younger would I really go to jail???

me too :giggle:

I used to think I had enough mattress and pillow tags to put me away for 3 lifetimes.

That $40 Gilmour push reel mower does a fantastic job :shock::

Here are more pictures of the nursery:

Rocking chair is going in this corner:

I am jealous - he is getting the best room in the house !!!

Now that my wife can see what I can do, she has other projects lined up for me (((sighs)))

That $40 Gilmour push reel mower does a fantastic job :shock::

Here are more pictures of the nursery:

Rocking chair is going in this corner:

I am jealous - he is getting the best room in the house !!!

Now that my wife can see what I can do, she has other projects lined up for me (((sighs)))

You should watch 'Everyone Love Raymond' he was good at hiding what he could do.

I thought I should probably share this picture. All those weeds are where my compost pile is. I left it alone this season because I was not planning on growing anything this year, with my wife being pregnant. I was planning to burn it when the burn ban ends this fall. However, I have my very own back yard wild life preserve now. There is a litter of tiny baby bunnies living back there now. And that is Gizmo (my dog) checking to see if they are ok. He does this everyday. He made the discovery. He just walks over there, and the momma lets him :shock: and he just "checks on them".

Maybe they think he is another cow colored bunny or something? He is about the same size lol

What I did today:

My neighbor does not take care of their yard. But that is ok with me. They have some liriope grass that has grown under and into my yard. So, I spent a better portion of this afternoon transplanting it to an area in my front yard where grass does not grow:

Liriope grass is also called border grass. It can grow practically anywhere. It is great ground cover, and next year, that entire area will fill in very nicely.

I also planted a Japanese Maple:

I need to clean the lens on my camera, must have smudged it (oops)

I thought I should probably share this picture. All those weeds are where my compost pile is. I left it alone this season because I was not planning on growing anything this year, with my wife being pregnant. I was planning to burn it when the burn ban ends this fall. However, I have my very own back yard wild life preserve now. There is a litter of tiny baby bunnies living back there now. And that is Gizmo (my dog) checking to see if they are ok. He does this everyday. He made the discovery. He just walks over there, and the momma lets him :shock: and he just "checks on them".

Maybe they think he is another cow colored bunny or something? He is about the same size lol

We have a lot of wild rabbits in our yard too and there a cute little baby rabbit in our yard a lot. I keep Marty away from the baby rabbits as I do not want my dog freaking the poor baby rabbits out.
My condo made huge pile out brushes and branches and curbing that broken up and put it right behind my building and now me have mice living in the pile! A neighbor's cat will sit in front of the pile waiting for mouse to come out and one the cat got and brought it home to the lady of the house. I told the manger of my condo the pile would attract rodents and they did not believe.

These rabbits have gotten used to my dogs. They are not scared of each other. I caught Gizmo "hopping" one time just like a rabbit. I guess he thinks that is what he is supposed to do when he saw them.

He even protected the baby rabbits from a snake once. He just goes out there and makes sure they are ok (and I make sure that is what he is doing ;) If he was a threat to them, he wouldn't be going out there).

Back