Making a nursery for the arrival of my son

I didn't know they made glow in the dark paint! That's cool :D

I am going to have to hand paint Rikki Tikki Tavi somewhere in the room (I tried to find a captioned version):

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuwNCgOYtnw]Rikki Tikki Tavi - YouTube[/ame]

I said nothing negative , and the OP did not say it was negative , so this is your uptight opinion , and I was joking about the dog peeing on the grass painted on the wall.
So lighten up ! I happen to had horrible nightmares as a kid because of the rabbits on my wallpaper.
I didn't say anything about the dog joke.

My misunderstanding about "horrible nightmares" as negative things.

I apologize to the OP for the derailment.

I may have more pictures tmw evening. We are at 36 weeks and 4 days ... can happen any day now. I am packing an overnight bag to leave in my car just in case. I also have a baby seat in my car (Georgia Law, cannot release baby to new parents unless there is a baby seat in the car).

My wife and I attended a New Parents class a few months ago and met other couples having their first too - it was fun.

We learned about something called "Purple Crying" which is a phase all babies go through where they will just cry and cry no mater how much you try to comfort them. The RN warned all the new mothers that this was the most vulnerable period for newborn babies (mothers will shake their baby out of frustration sometimes - doing permanent brain damage). My wife just winked and smile ... "Hee Hee ... can't bother me .. I'm deaf"

I may have more pictures tmw evening. We are at 36 weeks and 4 days ... can happen any day now. I am packing an overnight bag to leave in my car just in case. I also have a baby seat in my car (Georgia Law, cannot release baby to new parents unless there is a baby seat in the car).

My wife and I attended a New Parents class a few months ago and met other couples having their first too - it was fun.

We learned about something called "Purple Crying" which is a phase all babies go through where they will just cry and cry no mater how much you try to comfort them. The RN warned all the new mothers that this was the most vulnerable period for newborn babies (mothers will shake their baby out of frustration sometimes - doing permanent brain damage). My wife just winked and smile ... "Hee Hee ... can't bother me .. I'm deaf"
Never experienced that with either of my kids, so its just a chance. Mostly babies just sleep.

Never experienced that with either of my kids, so its just a chance. Mostly babies just sleep.

Oh my...I remmy that well...at the Kmart...he just started crying & screaming at the check-out counter....I did everything I could...even had to take him out of the holder onto the counter to see if his diaper was too tight...everyone was staring at me and I was at a loss as to what was wrong...and finally had to exit the store....Once I got outside, he was fine....:dunno:...guessing it was gas or something scared him....it happens....

you mean like this paint?

That is cool I meant the moon and stairs that you stick on the walls or ceiling. The paint gloss in the dark? I did not know there was paint like that. I will have to tell my daughter that , she might like it for her daughter's bedroom.

When my daughter had her baby her husband had to wear band on his wrist too and the baby had a band that a beep if someone try to steal her.
The doctor had to take his mask off his face when I had my baby as I could not understand him. I never heard of " Purple Crying" , that mean the baby cry so much their face get purple?

That is cool I meant the moon and stairs that you stick on the walls or ceiling. The paint gloss in the dark? I did not know there was paint like that. I will have to tell my daughter that , she might like it for her daughter's bedroom.
The paint is clear, looks like a standard painted wall ( whatever color your wall is during the day and night) it only glows and shows true colors when exposed to a blacklight or UV light.

When my daughter had her baby her husband had to wear band on his wrist too and the baby had a band that a beep if someone try to steal her.
The doctor had to take his mask off his face when I had my baby as I could not understand him. I never heard of " Purple Crying" , that mean the baby cry so much their face get purple?

I finally found my camera!

I didn't have a whole lot of time to work on this today because I was doing this:

and finishing up the flower bed:

Sneak peek:

Winnie the Pooh blankie

I love the color. I agree with your wife about fun yellow. Is that kind of animal themed nursery?

My wife saw me posting this and wanted to read the thread ... when she came to this she looked at me and signed "SEEE!! SHE AGREES WITH ME!!!":lol:

she is still smiling when I look at her ..whispering "she agreed with me HA!"

I want to get a George of the Jungle hitting a tree

Last edited:
Back