Making a nursery for the arrival of my son

Cute bedroom!

However, your dog is cuter!

That is a pretty good point and I don't think many people "remember" being that young. I do though. I remember being about 1 and 1/2 to 2 years old and every time my family would visit an Aunt and Uncle, I slept in a crib in my cousin's room. On the wall across from the crib was a diaper holder that hung on a hook. The diaper holder was made to look like a clown ... and that ....THING .... was MONSTROUS!!!!:Ohno:

I wanted to be as far away from it as I could. It just sat there with a weird smile on its face ... staring at me. Creepy ....

I also remember looking through my dad's library one day with my older brother, and he had some encyclopedias with color photos of fish in them. Some of the fish looked very scary - I didn't even want to touch the page because I was afraid the fish in the picture would bite me.

Yeah I can still remember one crazy dream I had when I sick and had a fever.
I dreamt I was on a flying rug and went right through my bedroom wall! I told my mother about it when I woke and she said it was just a dream and I said
No, I really was on a flying rug! Damn it, I just wish I could remember when I left that rug. That funny thing is if you where ask me what I ate for dinner two nights ago I would not be able to tell you but I can remember a dream from 60 years ago.

I hope your dog will not think that is real grass on the wall .

I guess you never had a high fever as a child. I did and when I had a fever the rabbits on my wallpaper came to life and they where not cute rabbits.
I should have expected you to have something negative to post even in a thread about a cute baby nursery.

My wife and I are making a nursery for our son (expected to be born in mid-August). She picked the color - I picked the paint. I chose Sherwin Williams paint - the classification is their "Emerald" quality paint. It is a whopping $70 a gallon :shock: but it is satin latex and crayon washable. My wife picked a color called "fun yellow" which isn't my preference - I wanted a cool blue (which I think would have a more calming effect) but I am not the "boss". ;)

I also painted the trim with ultra bright white hi-gloss enamel and the paint is made by Glidden.

Both paints are extremely easy to deal with and are very rich textured. I also picked up some removable wall stickers and I am in the process of putting up a border in the room now - the following is an iphone picture and I will take high quality pictures once the project is complete:

love it love it love it. what a happy color. I'm sure Bob Ross definitely approves of this.

"let's paint a happy room with a happy color!"

I should have expected you to have something negative to post even in a thread about a cute baby nursery.

I said nothing negative , and the OP did not say it was negative , so this is your uptight opinion , and I was joking about the dog peeing on the grass painted on the wall.
So lighten up ! I happen to had horrible nightmares as a kid because of the rabbits on my wallpaper.

Fantastic work,I like the wavy grass and fluffy lion!, its really cool., and I liked it how you shared picture of yourself actually painting, this brings the thread more alive, and even inspirational.

So cute!! Both of you guys!! The only time I ever watch TV is at the gym on the arc machine, and I only watch HGTV :D They were doing this renovation and in the kids play room they painted a section with paint for dry erase markers. How cool is that, I didn't even know they made such a thing. I'd be leery of doing it though, a little one would get the wrong idea, that would be confusing. Yes you can color on the wall here and bedroom.....but no not the livingroom, kitchen etc etc, I don't think they'd get it when they were young and wouldn't understand why they'd get in trouble. But just an idea to throw out there. It's wicked expensive I think.

So cute!! Both of you guys!! The only time I ever watch TV is at the gym on the arc machine, and I only watch HGTV :D They were doing this renovation and in the kids play room they painted a section with paint for dry erase markers. How cool is that, I didn't even know they made such a thing. I'd be leery of doing it though, a little one would get the wrong idea, that would be confusing. Yes you can color on the wall here and bedroom.....but no not the livingroom, kitchen etc etc, I don't think they'd get it when they were young and wouldn't understand why they'd get in trouble. But just an idea to throw out there. It's wicked expensive I think.

Kids do that anyway! We used to just keep gallons of paint and do frequent repainting.

(Bad childhood and didn't believe in harsh discipline. The kids grew up to be nice people too.)

I painted professionally ( and Carpentry ) for 20 years, I am gifted in the arts and was sent to Honor's Art ( school for the gifted ) during high school as I was too far advanced for my art teacher, he sent me off after my second day of class...lol
I enjoyed Honor's and sadly it was demolished and eliminated when the schools were chosen to close by the government and merged with other schools. It was very laid back, lots of freaks ( gifted in the arts kids that dressed funny too ) I have done side jobs and arts and made some decent money at times on projects, I also had an all expenses paid 2 weeks vacation to San Antonio, Marriott Hotel on the RiverWalk including airfair/hotel and all food, I only had to pay for souviners!!!

there is a paint that can be used as a chalkboard .
I likes the moons and stars that glow in the night ,

Kids do that anyway! We used to just keep gallons of paint and do frequent repainting.

(Bad childhood and didn't believe in harsh discipline. The kids grew up to be nice people too.)

I think I am going to give my son a box of crayons. They will all be .... yellow. That way, he has choices. He can use the yellow crayon, or the other yellow crayon :lol:

Back