Lunch

desert or dessert?

That really depends on how hungry you are. I always get them mixed up, so sometimes I get something sweet and yummy, and sometimes I get something hot, dry and sandy.

I had Chipotle for lunch today. But I should not have bought those cookies. I don't think they agreed with me. :( not feeling to great right now. Bought the cookes from my work cafe. I think the cookies were industrial strength. BLA!!! :eek3:

LOVE Chipotle! I only eat there maybe once a year, but it's only like 1 mile from my house! :lol:

I tend to eat something I least like first and work my way up to save the best part of the meal. Also I don't like my food touching each other, so they must be not touching each other... I don't know why I have that.... its something I've had it since I was a kid, I can't control it. My family teases me about that, lol. Oh well.

How about baklava?

You were just talking about baklava yesterday and I just got some today made by the SO and her friend. First thing I felt like saying, did you see me drool on AD??
Talk about a weird turn of coincidence.

Now off to gain some weight. :drool:

Attachments

• naishosbaklava.jpg
    naishosbaklava.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 8
You were just talking about baklava yesterday and I just got some today made by the SO and her friend. First thing I felt like saying, did you see me drool on AD??
Talk about a weird turn of coincidence.

Now off to gain some weight. :drool:

Ohhhhhhh!!!!! That looks fantastic! :drool: I cannot find any of that around here... well, there is on Greek restaurant but they really don't make it right. I'm still looking.

I tend to eat something I least like first and work my way up to save the best part of the meal. Also I don't like my food touching each other, so they must be not touching each other... I don't know why I have that.... its something I've had it since I was a kid, I can't control it. My family teases me about that, lol. Oh well.

Oh Kaelei.... your Mint Choclate Chip icecream is touching your apple pie... I'm so sorry, too bad, quite unavoidable I'm sure. I will just take it and finish it off so you don't have to suffer any more... so sad. :giggle:

Oh Kaelei.... your Mint Choclate Chip icecream is touching your apple pie... I'm so sorry, too bad, quite unavoidable I'm sure. I will just take it and finish it off so you don't have to suffer any more... so sad. :giggle:

:giggle: Well its like this, on my plate, if there's like chicken and then green beans and corn.... I tend to septerate the food into corners so it won't touch each other. Then I would eat the corn first, then after corn is all gone, then I'll get the green beans. After all green beans are gone, then I'll eat the chicken... that's how I eat lol. :D

Yeah, if the mint ice cream is touching my apple pie, I won't like that... since it's soggy and cold. yuck, lol :giggle:

:giggle: Well its like this, on my plate, if there's like chicken and then green beans and corn.... I tend to septerate the food into corners so it won't touch each other. Then I would eat the corn first, then after corn is all gone, then I'll get the green beans. After all green beans are gone, then I'll eat the chicken... that's how I eat lol. :D

Yeah, if the mint ice cream is touching my apple pie, I won't like that... since it's soggy and cold. yuck, lol :giggle:

I believe in minimizing the pain and suffering of my fellow ADers! :lol:

My son is the same way. Up until he was 13, he had to use a divided plate, and he would prefer that. Now, I tend to give him a smaller portion (he eats seconds) so that they don't touch on the plate. He refuses to eat a salad with toppings due to the mixed foods. If I make a "throw-together", he gets very upset and will deal with it, but hates it totally.

Ohhhhhhh!!!!! That looks fantastic! :drool: I cannot find any of that around here... well, there is on Greek restaurant but they really don't make it right. I'm still looking.

This tasted exactly how it looked. Crispy wrapping layer thing, I have no idea what that is called :giggle: decked on top of honeyish syrup, brown sugar, walnuts and what felt like a hint of apple... :drool:

I like greek restaurants too. Gyro sandwiches hit the spot for a nice lunch day in the breeze! Hope you can find one soon or I'll have to ask her to start up a bakery and sell to ADers :lol:

My son is the same way. Up until he was 13, he had to use a divided plate, and he would prefer that. Now, I tend to give him a smaller portion (he eats seconds) so that they don't touch on the plate. He refuses to eat a salad with toppings due to the mixed foods. If I make a "throw-together", he gets very upset and will deal with it, but hates it totally.

I respect it, but I have never understood it. The food is all going to be mixed in the tummy anyway. And, sometimes different food mixes in the mouth are quite pleasant. Like salt on some foods brings out their flavors. Corn in mashed potatoes with gravy is delightful. It's kind of fun sometimes in a salad to suddenly find a cranberry or nut when you thought you ate them all. I guess for me it's the spirit of adventure.

This tasted exactly how it looked. Crispy wrapping layer thing, I have no idea what that is called :giggle: decked on top of honeyish syrup, brown sugar, walnuts and what felt like a hint of apple... :drool:

I like greek restaurants too. Gyro sandwiches hit the spot for a nice lunch day in the breeze! Hope you can find one soon or I'll have to ask her to start up a bakery and sell to ADers :lol:

STOP!!!!!! you are going to make me cry again!!! *sob*

Damn it, I'm just going to have to learn how to make it myself. sigh.

The dough is called phyllo. You can find a box of it in your frozen section (where you would find cool whip, frozen desserts, etc.) The trick is to not let it thaw 100% because then you're dealing with a sticky mess. The rest of it is all homemade. :)

oh thank you alleycat. i tried to remember what word was the crispy flake that my mom told me. THANKS!

I love phyllo but it needs to go with food, veggies, sweet etc..

Thanks AlleyCat!!! I think I need to start a Baklava experiment in my kitchen this weekend.

Back