Lucia Disturbed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep in mind, most apartments I've lived in have double deadbolt locks and one is only accessed from inside. If landlord had tried to enter but that 2nd deadbolt was locked, they are not able to enter.

I don't know what law is regarding using window or etc to enter.

Anyways, I agree they should have fixed the heater right away but lets not jump to conclusion and assume things.

I didn't think of that, either. But, from what I learned, the investigator tracked down the note and it was learned maintenance seemed unaware of the request.

I didn't think of that, either. But, from what I learned, the investigator tracked down the note and it was learned maintenance seemed unaware of the request.

It looks like people are trying pass the blame onto the next person or someone did not care that there was no heat. I had a landlord like that years ago in Boston. We lost our heat in the middle of the winter and the landlord did nothing ! The SOB , I called the mayor up and we got our heat back on. Someone needs to be held accountable for this.

Why didnt they respond? But, also why didn't SOMEONE respond after not hearing from Lucia for a couple days? Why didn't someone come a check on her. Her family lives out of state, but she had friends that lived close by.
When I was single, I could have gone weeks without being checked on. People have other things to do than call me a few times a week. They probably assumed that she was being contacted by other friends. Dunno. Seems sad that there is so much speculation on how this could have been avoided: (repairman, family, friends). Part of the blame lies with Lucia. She was certainly bright enough to know it was a risky idea to heat her apartment with a stove/oven. Also, where are the blankets?

A preventable tragedy, no doubt. But still a tragic loss of life for our small community. She will be missed.

It looks like people are trying pass the blame onto the next person or someone did not care that there was no heat. I had a landlord like that years ago in Boston. We lost our heat in the middle of the winter and the landlord did nothing ! The SOB , I called the mayor up and we got our heat back on. Someone needs to be held accountable for this.

Regardless of how passionate we feel about this, I don't think the Sister is going to file a suit against the management of the apartment building. I think all she wants to do is bring closure to this by bring Lucia's ashes to Virginia, so she can sprinkle them on their Mother's grave. I can also understand that.

As hard as it is, we may just have to accept this is probably how it will turn out.

When I was single, I could have gone weeks without being checked on. People have other things to do than call me a few times a week. They probably assumed that she was being contacted by other friends. Dunno. Seems sad that there is so much speculation on how this could have been avoided: (repairman, family, friends). Part of the blame lies with Lucia. She was certainly bright enough to know it was a risky idea to heat her apartment with a stove/oven. Also, where are the blankets?

A preventable tragedy, no doubt. But still a tragic loss of life for our small community. She will be missed.

That might seem like common sense, but although she was bright, she was also very child like. I honestly don't think she took into consideration how dangerous gas stoves were. She had recently moved, so it's possible she had never used a gas stove before.

That might seem like common sense, but although she was bright, she was also very child like. I honestly don't think she took into consideration how dangerous gas stoves were. She had recently moved, so it's possible she had never used a gas stove before.

Know if they are gonna do an atopsy? (sp)... (if they haven't already)

The facts are these per the investigator and autopsy:

Her body was found approximately one week after her death.

The autopsy found that she died of carbon monoxide poisoning; she asphyxiated on the fumes.

Her sister is planning to have Lucia cremated and bring her ashes to Virginia to be sprinkled on her Mother's grave.

There will probably NOT be a lawsuit. No criminal charges are pending.

So, as far as the law is concern, this is done.

We can debate this until we're blue in the face, but it is what it is.

Lucia led a very difficult life. She battled physical and mental issues; and was estranged from her father and step mother. I don't know if they have been notified of her passing, but I assume so. Regardless, the sister seems to be taking the responsiblity to make sure her sister is given proper respects, ect. For this, I am grateful.

I think it would do us ALL good if we looked at things as positively as possible.

Lucia's torment on Earth is over. She also died peacefully. She fell asleep and that was it. I think we should b3e grateful she died so peacefully and forget all this other stuff regarding someone paying for her death. It's just likely to frustrate those that want this.

Yeah, my concern is for everybody include yourself, I mention lawsuit ONLY intended to wake up before next victim may come up.

Carbon monoxide is dangerous, hearing people have access no problem, but for myself, you and other Deaf deserve to get equal access like hearing people. I don't see justification for company refusal add flash strobe on their Carbon monoxide alarm, Luca's death too valuable for company's pocket.

Question, when are manufacturer going to add strobe on Carbon monoxide alarm?

So sorry to hear of Lucia's death. I don't come here often but someone told me of her death so I had to come here. At least she is free from all the physical pains.

Hi Oceanbreeze, If there has not been an obituary and some kind of memorial, a Celebration of Life, a church service, a ritual according to her belief, it is not too late. You may be the one to carry out some of this. The organization and so on can be shared among her friends.
It is important. It is the goodbye to her that did not get said. It is the acknowledgement of her life on earth and the shared times. It is respect for a life lived and loved, to mourn and to laugh, and wish her all the best upon her journey home.

no local news i can find,,, i checked it everyday and none showed up, :(

Did you try to use a local newspapers web site and go to the obituaries page and do a search on her ? If the sister had not put anything in the newspaper , there should be a very small writeup about Lucia. I guess if you're not rich and famous or well known your death get no attention .

Did you try to use a local newspapers web site and go to the obituaries page and do a search on her? If the sister had not put anything in the newspaper, there should be a very small writeup about Lucia. I guess if you're not rich and famous or well known your death get no attention.
It's up to the surviving family.

Hi Oceanbreeze, If there has not been an obituary and some kind of memorial, a Celebration of Life, a church service, a ritual according to her belief, it is not too late. You may be the one to carry out some of this. The organization and so on can be shared among her friends.
It is important. It is the goodbye to her that did not get said. It is the acknowledgement of her life on earth and the shared times. It is respect for a life lived and loved, to mourn and to laugh, and wish her all the best upon her journey home.

Thank you, but I'm not going to do this. I feel it's up to family to arrange this and not me. I've said my goodbye in my own way. It's now time for me to move on from this and heal.

Many of you to don't know this, but I lost my Dad two years ago to cancer. The anniversary of his death will be in one month. Also, the last few months have been especially hard. Lucia's death was just one of many for me since November. I just don't have it in me to manage a site such as this.

Did you try to use a local newspapers web site and go to the obituaries page and do a search on her ? If the sister had not put anything in the newspaper , there should be a very small writeup about Lucia. I guess if you're not rich and famous or well known your death get no attention .

Not only that, but Lucia's family was divided. She came from an abusive situation; both the sisters did. It may very well be that her sister doesn't want their father to know. It may not be right in some of our eyes, but I can understand it.

This isn't about what WE want (lawsuits, death notices, ect...). It's about what the sister feels is best for herself and what she feels Lucia would have wanted. I can tell you, Lucia did not love her father (in fact, she hated him), so I don't think she would have wanted him to know.

Thank you, but I'm not going to do this. I feel it's up to family to arrange this and not me. I've said my goodbye in my own way. It's now time for me to move on from this and heal.

Many of you to don't know this, but I lost my Dad two years ago to cancer. The anniversary of his death will be in one month. Also, the last few months have been especially hard. Lucia's death was just one of many for me since November. I just don't have it in me to manage a site such as this.
Totally understandable.

Not only that, but Lucia's family was divided. She came from an abusive situation; both the sisters did. It may very well be that her sister doesn't want their father to know. It may not be right in some of our eyes, but I can understand it.

This isn't about what WE want (lawsuits, death notices, ect...). It's about what the sister feels is best for herself and what she feels Lucia would have wanted. I can tell you, Lucia did not love her father (in fact, she hated him), so I don't think she would have wanted him to know.
I know of some other families like that. They did no obits. Other family members eventually found out by checking online Social Security Death Index.

Newspapers can't publish obits without verification so they are usually submitted by the family via the funeral home to the papers.

I know that but the newspaper does print death notices . There was one for my mom and just it said her name, DOB and DOD . I put an obituary in the newspapers that said more about my beloved mom. And I typed my mom name in the search engine and found a memorial wed site for her that put up by tributes.com and I just checked to see if it still up and it's.

http://www.archives.com/GA.aspx?_ac...record|pmt|b&gclid=CJbOpKjllLwCFWHNOgodK04Aww

This is web site to find death record , it might want you pay $$$ to use. But if you go to the library you can their computers finds thing for free, it does cost money to have it printed

tributes.com did not see if my family wanted a memorial wed site for our mom , they just put it up on their own. I was very surprise when I found it.

I know that but the newspaper does print death notices….
Even death notices have to be submitted by someone, and that is usually the funeral home. If the family requests no notice be sent, then they don't send it. I know lots of people locally who died and there was never anything published. It happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back