Low End Hearing Aids, eg Phonak Naida III UPs.

I wait for uprade on soon patient cheer government strictly hearing aid rule policy is very upgrade on my hearing aid, :( 4 yrs I have want to buy for hearing aid, I want to upgrade to increase more improve sound. Phonak is good quality. as like, Governemnt wait for patient,2015 or 2014 I can't remember I patient soon longest. be patient eliminated is policy reason Phonak soon pay for me!

Ordered my Q's this morning. I get them in a couple weeks (May 9th). If they work well, I'll skip the cochlear implant. The features sound very promising for many of the issues I have with my current aids--talking on the phone, listening to music, understanding people if there is any background noise at all or if they are sitting too far away, and especially in the car.

I would have been "ok" with the midline from what it sounds like but the extra ability to fine tune these for me will probably be a huge plus....if they can get past the recruitment issues.

Ordered my Q's this morning. I get them in a couple weeks (May 9th). If they work well, I'll skip the cochlear implant. The features sound very promising for many of the issues I have with my current aids--talking on the phone, listening to music, understanding people if there is any background noise at all or if they are sitting too far away, and especially in the car.

I would have been "ok" with the midline from what it sounds like but the extra ability to fine tune these for me will probably be a huge plus....if they can get past the recruitment issues.

I would agree with you on that...more so with your loss.

If you went with AB and having the Naida Q, all the features would be on the AB Naida Q70 CI as well so if you do decide to go for 1 CI, then that could be an option?

Btw, I saw a Naida Q in person the other day and the colors are WAY nicer altho there isn't a huge range. The volume button looks very posh as well :)

I would agree with you on that...more so with your loss.

If you went with AB and having the Naida Q, all the features would be on the AB Naida Q70 CI as well so if you do decide to go for 1 CI, then that could be an option?

Btw, I saw a Naida Q in person the other day and the colors are WAY nicer altho there isn't a huge range. The volume button looks very posh as well :)

They didn't even have their sample in, or their pamphlets. She said they have ordered several already for other people though. The compatibility with the AB CI is a big plus. She didn't know about that--she doesn't work with the CI's. She did talk to the Audi that does though and was glad I mentioned that to her so she knows for other patients. She was showing me all the colors, etc. and I pretty much said I don't care so much what they look like, just that they allow me to have a life again :D. I got brown to match my hair and clear ear molds--boring I know but if I was wearing a colored one I would feel like I needed to match my outfit to that :D.

They didn't even have their sample in, or their pamphlets. She said they have ordered several already for other people though. The compatibility with the AB CI is a big plus. She didn't know about that--she doesn't work with the CI's. She did talk to the Audi that does though and was glad I mentioned that to her so she knows for other patients. She was showing me all the colors, etc. and I pretty much said I don't care so much what they look like, just that they allow me to have a life again :D. I got brown to match my hair and clear ear molds--boring I know but if I was wearing a colored one I would feel like I needed to match my outfit to that :D.

That's good. I wear a lot of browns, greens and red, really autumn/fall colors :) I wanted brown Naidas but my Mom pushed me into getting red and I'm glad she did as it matches my outfits well :) The brown Naida Q looks way better then the Naida and Naida S.

Wirelessly posted

My phonak exelia art micro were quoted at $7000 a piece .. I refer to them as my Harley's I'm never gonna ride

Wirelessly posted

My phonak exelia art micro were quoted at $7000 a piece .. I refer to them as my Harley's I'm never gonna ride

Wow...and I thought I was struggling to pay for my Widex, $6,150.00 for the pair....

I did not have anything to do with getting them in the end. They were a total ANGEL gift .. I know that I could never afford them even with my insurance. I would not be able to function at all at the level I do at the moment. I know I am blessed to have them.

Crazy

Where are all these insurance plans that will cover hearing aids at all. I am 42 and have NEVER had insurance that covered HAs. I also want to know who can so blithely afford $6000 on hearing aids every 5 years? I got my first airs when I was 6. That means I have had HAs for 36 years. In that time I had a Phonic Ear BTE, 2 Starkey ITE, 2 EmTech ITE, 2 Oticon ITE. all Analog. Now I have 2 Phonak Savia 311dSZ BTEs. They are 6 years old and going strong. They are $250ea if I need to repair them. I haven't had to yet. The Phonaks were BY FAR the most expensive at $4000 for the set. The Oticons were 450 for the set. (Mother in Law worked for the Audi) The Emtechs were about $1500 for the set. The Starkeys were $800 for the set. The Phonic ear was about $400. The Phonic Ear and the Phonak have proven to be best. The BTE aids seem much more rugged than the ITE and CIC jobs.

It's widly known the BTE hearing aids last a lot longer and can stand up to things rather then ITE and CIC hearing aids.

Where are all these insurance plans that will cover hearing aids at all. I am 42 and have NEVER had insurance that covered HAs. I also want to know who can so blithely afford $6000 on hearing aids every 5 years? I got my first airs when I was 6. That means I have had HAs for 36 years. In that time I had a Phonic Ear BTE, 2 Starkey ITE, 2 EmTech ITE, 2 Oticon ITE. all Analog. Now I have 2 Phonak Savia 311dSZ BTEs. They are 6 years old and going strong. They are $250ea if I need to repair them. I haven't had to yet. The Phonaks were BY FAR the most expensive at $4000 for the set. The Oticons were 450 for the set. (Mother in Law worked for the Audi) The Emtechs were about $1500 for the set. The Starkeys were $800 for the set. The Phonic ear was about $400. The Phonic Ear and the Phonak have proven to be best. The BTE aids seem much more rugged than the ITE and CIC jobs.

Phonak Naida III is considered a "low end" hearing aids?? Whattt? I thought it was a high end hearing aid due to several features such as SoundFlow and SoundRecover. Anyway, I have to say that Phonak Naida III UP DaZ serve me very well. Unfortunately, SoundRecover dont work for me. I couldn't heard the difference with Soundrecover disabled and Soundrecover enabled.

Phonak Naida III is considered a "low end" hearing aids?? Whattt? I thought it was a high end hearing aid due to several features such as SoundFlow and SoundRecover. Anyway, I have to say that Phonak Naida III UP DaZ serve me very well. Unfortunately, SoundRecover dont work for me. I couldn't heard the difference with Soundrecover disabled and Soundrecover enabled.

Unfortunately Phonak Naida III is classed as a low end hearing aid but I must admit, its still a very good hearing aid.

I have the Naida S III and Naida S V and I can't hear any different between the low end and the mid level Naida. The only different is I benefit from the SoundRelax feature which is actually very good.

Altho the Naida III is classes a entry level/low end, its still a very good hearing aid and I've been very impressed with it.

Well, I just found out that one of my hearing aid broke. I was lending mine because my dad is in need of new hearing aid. He said nothing happen to it. He left it on the shelf as he go to sleep. When he woke up, he put it back on. Nothing. Its dead. So he tried changing new battery but still not work. Do you have other solution?

I was thinking of using Zephyr DryNStore?

I always use my zephyr. I don't go a day without it. I was in hospital in May for 3 weeks where I didn't use the zephyr and I noticed a huge different in sound and quality of hearing aid.

A lot of audiologists offer a Clean and Check service. Cleaning the hearing aid internally can really help as well. Hope you manage to sort it out.

Hi there! I finally fixed his hearing aid. Turned out that a little white filter in the ear hook, was blocking the sound. I have to remove it and now it is working. Whew lol. Then I managed to find all of my old hearing aids from my mom's cabinet lol
f4sc.jpg

Hi there! I finally fixed his hearing aid. Turned out that a little white filter in the ear hook, was blocking the sound. I have to remove it and now it is working. Whew lol. Then I managed to find all of my old hearing aids from my mom's cabinet lol
f4sc.jpg

whoa, that's quite an improvement! I had my Siemens when I was 6 months old, an Oticon Gaia when I was 10 years old and an Oticon Safari after I turned 16!

Back