Lost one of my HA's

hohDougRN

Reaction score
Geez, I been so miffed for last couple weeks cuz I lost one of my Naidas. Story goes that I had a seizure in Wendover, NV and was taken all the way back to Salt Lake. I have no clue where it is and I have retraced all my steps many times. I think they should have GPS. Using just one is different because I have no directionality. Maybe some day it will turn up but Im not counting on it.

Geez, I been so miffed for last couple weeks cuz I lost one of my Naidas. Story goes that I had a seizure in Wendover, NV and was taken all the way back to Salt Lake. I have no clue where it is and I have retraced all my steps many times. I think they should have GPS. Using just one is different because I have no directionality. Maybe some day it will turn up but Im not counting on it.

dude, that's why I got an LED on mine lol :3

A similar thing happened to my mother in law. She passed out on the downtown street and was taken to a hospital. She was certain a hearing aid was gone, and hospital staff also.

But when she went home it was in her belongings after all. Wonder if you went through what you were wearing that day thoroughly?

dude, that's why I got an LED on mine lol :3

Not a bad idea, but I was in a public situation where the seizure was involuntary of course and afterwards you are disoriented. Anybody could have saw and grabbed it. It sucks to lose stuff or potentially stolen when you are in a vulnerable situation.

I once lost a HA too , I was out in the field behind my condo with Finlay in the winter and one of my HA fell off and I never found it. I have misplace my HA a few times too. That is bummer you lost your and I am glad you're OK and did not get hurt when you had a seizure . I know some people have to wear a helmet as they get seizures so much.

Not a bad idea, but I was in a public situation where the seizure was involuntary of course and afterwards you are disoriented. Anybody could have saw and grabbed it. It sucks to lose stuff or potentially stolen when you are in a vulnerable situation.

Did you check with the hospital to see if someone turned it in? I have seizures also and I do worry about my CI in those cases. I carry a medical alert card in my wallet right next to my license stating my health issues and that I am deaf. My CI identification card is there too. Hopefully if something happened and I was unconscious they would know to look for my CI.

HA are so tiny, I hope you find it. Good luck!!!

Reading all this I think when I finally choose a set of HA's I will find someway to put my name on them I can't afford another set. I pray they turn up.

Reading all this I think when I finally choose a set of HA's I will find someway to put my name on them I can't afford another set. I pray they turn up.

Few people can. Wish you well in finding them. How frustrating, you'd think first responders would look for this....

Laura

yeah and I might be looking into the Sensei if I'm in a better range this time LOL
(Sensei is made by Oticon AND is a simliar model to my current one)

No kidding.. you'd think by now there would be some way of having serial numbers on hearing aids that can be traced to the owner. On second thought I think they do have serial numbers.. just that not many people think to turn them in or have no idea where to turn hearing aids in really...I don't know how you were taken to the hospital (if you were) but worth maybe checking with the paramedics or ambulance crew?

hearing aids do have serial numbers. just a matter of going to the audiologist and having them look it up so hearing aid can be returned to owner. I think hearing people in general just wouldn't think of this.

I have done everything everyone mentioned. We spoke with the ambulance company, the place I had the seizure, reported serial # to audiologist, checked though out my car like 10 times, checked the clothes I was wearing. Who knows maybe I'll get surprised and find it someday but won't expect to. I will likely just go purchase another Naida in a month or two.

I have done everything everyone mentioned. We spoke with the ambulance company, the place I had the seizure, reported serial # to audiologist, checked though out my car like 10 times, checked the clothes I was wearing. Who knows maybe I'll get surprised and find it someday but won't expect to. I will likely just go purchase another Naida in a month or two.

Will you go for the new Naida?

I have good news on the lost hearing aid fiasco. Turns out I did purchase lost/broken insurance and just had to pay $450.00 to order a new one which is MUCH better. It should be here with new earmold on Wednesday :)

I've never lost my hearing aids but have had several of them be broken or get wet. It's annoying and a pain to go without them until they are fixed or replaced but I make do.

Talk to the hospital that treated you about paying for the excess, the hospital i was in lost mine during a bed sheet change i suspect and they ended up paying for a new one, all 4k of it. It wont hurt to ask

Back