Looking to buy new car!

Are you interested in brand new or used?....a car that is only 2 years old will save you lot of money. You could also find one with less than 30k miles and still run great depending how the previous owner took care of it. My parents bought a 1993 Honda Accord used in 1995 with 28k miles and had it until they sold it with 185k miles but still runs great and wanted to get something different.

That would be my advice too. Go for a one or two year old car and you can get the most value for your money.

Check out the car's VIN on carfax.com, though, before buying, so you can see the history of it. Costs a few dollars - $8 or $10, something like that. Well worth the peace of mind.

That would be my advice too. Go for a one or two year old car and you can get the most value for your money.

Check out the car's VIN on carfax.com, though, before buying, so you can see the history of it. Costs a few dollars - $8 or $10, something like that. Well worth the peace of mind.

I found out Carfax raised the prices a lot. They are charging $40 a pop now. Sad. :(

Altho you can sometimes request free carfax when you are buying a used car at a car dealer.

Really??? Wow, that's a lot, but still worth it. Is that for just one car? When I did it (several years ago - gosh, I guess about 10 or 11 years ago), there was a certain price for one car, but you could get the reports on 3 cars for just a little bit more.

Sounds like they have changed their business model since then.

Still, if you're going to spend $15,000 on a used car, investing $40 into getting the report is still worth it. Could save a lot of headaches.

And you're right, sometimes the dealers will have a report available at no cost to you, but probably the cost of the car is higher. Might be worth the extra price if they have a warranty on the car.

The auto writer for the Washington post, Warren Brown, often suggests shopping at Carmax to get a good car at a decent price. I've never done it, but I do respect his opinion a lot. Might be worth a look, if there is one near you.

Really??? Wow, that's a lot, but still worth it. Is that for just one car? When I did it (several years ago - gosh, I guess about 10 or 11 years ago), there was a certain price for one car, but you could get the reports on 3 cars for just a little bit more.

Sounds like they have changed their business model since then.

Still, if you're going to spend $15,000 on a used car, investing $40 into getting the report is still worth it. Could save a lot of headaches.

And you're right, sometimes the dealers will have a report available at no cost to you, but probably the cost of the car is higher. Might be worth the extra price if they have a warranty on the car.

The auto writer for the Washington post, Warren Brown, often suggests shopping at Carmax to get a good car at a decent price. I've never done it, but I do respect his opinion a lot. Might be worth a look, if there is one near you.

If you are gonna look for used cars not at the dealers....$40 each car wouldn't be worth it for you. Some people look for at least 3 or 4 used cars before deciding which is the best car.

Well, I wouldn't do it on each car just on whim, but once my choice was narrowed down to one final car, then I would. Just on the general principle of "trust everyone, but always cut the cards."

When I did it all those years ago, the Carfax came back clean, but I decided not to buy a used car anyway. The cost was very low at that time; I really don't remember exactly how much but it was no big deal. Seems like it was something around $10 for one, $15 for two, $18 for three, something like that. So they encouraged you basically to send in multiple requests at once.

I found out Carfax raised the prices a lot. They are charging $40 a pop now. Sad. :(

Altho you can sometimes request free carfax when you are buying a used car at a car dealer.

it's 5 carfax reports for $45

Unfortunately, my grandma will be the main owner and is upgrading my car for practical reasons and I cannot get either of those choices cause I cannot get much for my trade because I owe to much and I am really bummed at this point. She wants me to get a new car cause if she gets sick and dies she wants the insurance that will pay off the car in full so that I won't be stuck with the payment. I also want four doors.

Two of my Deaf friends own Honda Fit (both manuals) and they love it. One of my hearing friend (manual) had one for around 1 year and trade with ford focus 11 due manual clutch worn out and suspension system noise and only 30k miles.

When I test sat in the back of Honda Fit. I find it quite space. However, their dashboard doesn't agree with me

Alright, I am an owner of a Smart ForTwo Pure Coupe and am needing a slightly bigger car. I still want something small compact and economic. So far I have looked at the Ford Fiesta, Nissan Versa, and Nissan Cube. I really like the Cube and Fiesta but, the price of them is slightly out of my price range as I only paid $15K for my Smart after Tax&Title. Anyone have another car they may suggest you think is really awesome? Thanks!

there was nothing smart about that car!

there was nothing smart about that car!

At the time it was a good car for me. Now not so much. I love it to death and hate to see it go. It looks now my only choice is a Kia forte cause that is what they have in the dealership. I looked at both Honda Civic and Fit and the starting price I can do but, they don't have a base model at any of the dealers.

Don't limit yourself to one dealership. If you want to buy a brand new car, neogtiate at different dealers to bring down price. If you want a brand Honda Fit, go to 3 or 4 different Honda Fit and try to compare price and get the best deal. Be sure you're comparing an apple to an apple and not orange to orange.

Compare price of a baseline Honda Fit to another baseline Honda Fit with the exact options if possible.

I did. They are all listed around the same price. We gave in and just got the ford fiesta tonight but, make ready is closed for the night so I get to keep a ford escape tell tomorrow.

Back