Looking for someone to help with subtitles

yizuman

Reaction score
There's this classic Rankin and Bass film, released in 1978 on television that I used to watch as a kid entitled, "The Stingiest Man in Town".

I looked all over the web for a DVD version of this film that would have captions to no avail. Finding classic films from my childhood with captions is getting harder to find online. Very frustrating.

So I am wondering if anyone knows someone that would not mind doing the work of adding captions to a particular film? I found this film online at a archive site that the film can be downloaded to allow subtitles to be added into the film.

Does anyone of someone that could help add subtitles into this film? Would be great if this could be done before Christmas so that my wife and I can enjoy our childhood memories together.

Hey yizuman.. long time no read! Ok there's one way to get CC is to open Chrome and you may need to turn on the captions. Let say use MP4 and double click on that and it will open a movie along with captions. It's pretty accurate but not 100%. Here's my short clip of what it look like.

Ok attachment is not working....so I'm going to use Google Link:

Last edited:
Hey yizuman.. long time no read! Ok there's one way to get CC is to open Chrome and you may need to turn on the captions. Let say use MP4 and double click on that and it will open a movie along with captions. It's pretty accurate but not 100%. Here's my short clip of what it look like.

Ok attachment is not working....so I'm going to use Google Link:

Hi, yes, it's been a while since I was last here. Life kept me somewhat busy.

I'll give this a try and hope this works the way I hope it would.

How have you been?

Edit: Gave it a look. Yep, better than nothing. At least it gave enough information to understand the entire story. Saved it for later this coming Christmas for us to enjoy with the festive season. Been on the lookout for most of my childhood memories, even with someone that wasn't exactly a huge hit or popular of the time, but popular enough for me.

Thanks for the help!

Hi, yes, it's been a while since I was last here. Life kept me somewhat busy.

I'll give this a try and hope this works the way I hope it would.

How have you been?

Edit: Gave it a look. Yep, better than nothing. At least it gave enough information to understand the entire story. Saved it for later this coming Christmas for us to enjoy with the festive season. Been on the lookout for most of my childhood memories, even with someone that wasn't exactly a huge hit or popular of the time, but popular enough for me.

Thanks for the help!
Yeah it's not bad at all with Google Captions. I even use it when I received a voice mail so I can either block it or call back on VP. Well my life been busier than I expected after I retired. I thought I will sit and bored to hell. Nope... nuh huh... too busy.

Back