Looking for new friends! :)

princessfairytroll

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Kate! I'm hearing, but I'm a musician and I spend most of my time in loud environments so I've been experiencing a lot of hearing loss each year, especially with low sounds. I'm a music major and ASL minor at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro! I do really well in my ASL studies but I know there's a big difference between signing in class and signing with someone deaf. I'd love to meet new deaf friends on here because I'm pretty shy so it's hard for me to get out in the community to meet people at first! I can't wait to get to know you all :)

Hi! I’m currently a music major in unitversity, too. It can be hard to find people to sign with when you’re only ever around other musicians. If you’re looking for deaf friends, feel free to message me. I’m always happy to make a new friend! :) Good luck with your studies!

Hiya, princessfairytroll! I’m a native of NC, and an aspiring songwriter, too. HH, use hearing aids, but going to Gallaudet is a huge help. Been learning ASL for 2 years, now. If you want someone to refresh your signed vocab or something, i’m a good candidate for that. :)

Nice to meet you! It's awesome to meet more musicians here! Are you going to Gallaudet now or have you graduated? We talk about that so much in my ASL class, it's super cool to meet someone who has actually been there!

Back