Looking for hope.

Prakaash

Reaction score
Hello All,
I am extremely sad and in despair while I am writing this, I never had any ear issues before really. Last October(2021) I had a head cold which then developed into sinus infection and took over 2 weeks to subside. As I was recovering I started suffering from moderate tinnitus which is bilateral (it's like intermediate between ringing and humming in both ears) and 24x7. Three days after the onset of tinnitus, I started having very loud crunching/crackling noise in my ears while swallowing, yawning or moving head sideways. I can also pop them by moving some muscle in my ear and now it has become a habit. I also had sort of reactive tinnitus or loudness hyperacusis but it slowly subsided and I don't notice it anymore. I feel very lost due to the sudden onset and chronic nature of these conditions. I really was a strong person full of hopes and dreams, but now everything seems pointless at this stage. I was very professional with my job, disciplined, but these qualities that I am loosing slowly. I live in constant fear of making it worse.
Please give me hope that I will live up to my potential inspite of tinnitus/crunching and that my abilities of concentrating will eventually come back despite the tinnitus buzzing and crackling.

I'm sorry this is happening and hope you find some relief soon. I have seen some OTC meds that says it treat tinnitus; when I looked at the label it was mostly a lot of vitamins. Has anyone on here taken any of those products? I've been told ear buds distract from those sounds but I don't have experience with it to speak for myself. The strong person you described is still you, that disciplined person is still in you. An adjustment period to a new normal is what anyone would need, you're not alone.

Thank you so much for your kind words Ellie! Do you experience tinnitus as well and are you able to concentrate at the work at hand despite tinnitus?

I personally do not live with tinnitus. My partner does and it's a struggle for him at times. He finds ear buds helpful or some sort of white noise. Sleep or lack of seems to impact how loud it can be in a day, at least for him. I imagine a lot of nice folks on here could give you tips and tricks, some of it will probably come down to mindfulness. Being able to ground yourself and accept things we can't change, perspective can be everything. ya know? All the best to you, Prakaash.

Back