Looking for Fans of 'Harry Potter'

got first addition of phiosper stone..well written books for children with adults in mind

For those who haven't check out the book "Harry Potter Page to Screen" online.
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Harry-Potter-Page-Screen-Filmmaking/dp/0857687751]Harry Potter Page to Screen: The Complete Filmmaking Journey: Bob McCabe: 9780857687753: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

Oooh! I'm a huge Harry Potter fan! I even went to a convention dedicated to HP in Summer 2013! (LeakyCon) and going again this year (Summer 2014 in Florida)! I (ob..vious..ly) read all the books countless of times and watched the movies. Always, Until the very end :)

Have read all books at least 5 times each. Have seen all movies at least 5 times each. Prefer the books by far.

This year i was suppose to dress up as harry potter and my siater has hermione. I couldn't dress up but my sister still did. It was pretty cool.

Can anyone explain how Neville Longbottom came to possess the 'Sword of Gryffinder'? It was supposed be in possession of goblins. Remember nobody messes with goblins' possessions!

Can anyone explain how Neville Longbottom came to possess the 'Sword of Gryffinder'? It was supposed be in possession of goblins. Remember nobody messes with goblins' possessions!

If I remember it right, Dumbledore had told Harry that the sword would go to a Gryffindor in need, no matter where it was. Godric Gryffindor's sword would definitely go to a student in his house if the school were under siege and it was used to help in the battle to rid them of Voldemort.

If I remember it right, Dumbledore had told Harry that the sword would go to a Gryffindor in need, no matter where it was. Godric Gryffindor's sword would definitely go to a student in his house if the school were under siege and it was used to help in the battle to rid them of Voldemort.

Probably that must be it, regarding that part of Dumbledore's explanation I was thinking too much about the phoenix part.
Obviously Neville demonstrated outstanding courage to approach Nangin in the presence of the Dark Lord himself. Naturally, the sword, true to its meaning, came to him. Credit to Longbottom once a laughing stock of his class.

That is the accurate statement, KristinaB :)

I am a harry potter fan here too, guys. I have limited edition blu ray collection, bought it straight away when it came out when the whole movies has concluded. The directors has done a bloody fantastic job in bringing as much as they could do to the screens however like others, I perfer books over them movies - movies, again are good though.

Yes, and Neville found the sword in the Sorting Hat soon after he had just picked it up. Just like Harry did just before he used it to fought off the giant snake.

Ooh! I'm so happy there are Potterheads (I like HP Fan) on here :) I am happy to be apart of the fandom! For halloween I was a Hogwarts Student (in my Hufflepuff gear as that's my house)

Why did the phoenix have to die? Didn't Dumbledore say it kept growing back? Or was it somehow tied to his life?

Harry Potter stamps have been sent from the USPS, can't wait to see it in my mailbox!

Why did the phoenix have to die? Didn't Dumbledore say it kept growing back? Or was it somehow tied to his life?

In the movie or in the book? The phoenix flew away in the movie but I forgot what happened to it in the book.

In the movie or in the book? The phoenix flew away in the movie but I forgot what happened to it in the book.

In 'Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince', the phoenix flies joyfully into the blue flames that encase Albus Dumbledore's coffin for a brief moment, so I think that it somehow became one with its master or something. Man, I don't know why but whenever I think about that, I feel sad and happy at the same time. Perhaps it's the idea of reuniting with the ones you love after death? It just sounds so fitting that a phoenix should return to the flame after an immensely long life with the ones it loves. After all, nothing can actually live forever. :|

In 'Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince', the phoenix flies joyfully into the blue flames that encase Albus Dumbledore's coffin for a brief moment, so I think that it somehow became one with its master or something. Man, I don't know why but whenever I think about that, I feel sad and happy at the same time. Perhaps it's the idea of reuniting with the ones you love after death? It just sounds so fitting that a phoenix should return to the flame after an immensely long life with the ones it loves. After all, nothing can actually live forever. :|

I would have to reread my books once I find them. Most of my books are boxed up now until I get my place all fixed up.
I know that books are different from the movies. Thanks.

Back